Posts by DTKZ

Quote: Originally Posted by Ojsinnerz I don't really see CNET reviews to be reliable. And for the price you pay, you can get better products, like the phonaks and the turbines. Really? I've found that some of their reviews coincide with quite a few opinions that I've seen on Headfi. Admittedly, their reviews might not be quite as detailed as some I've seen here, but they do review more headphones than quite a few places that provide more...
Quote: Originally Posted by fyu nope. a good search is still needed. i saw three threads today that were just rephrasing each other. Sad but true. Better posting standards would still allow them to be answered and off the first page faster though.
I don't own a pair of these but I was checking them out as a potential purchase and reading reviews about them. Some of the reviews I read mentioned their large size and that they might stick out pretty far out of your ears, so unless you actually have a demo pair in a store around you, you might want to be a little cautious. Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones Headphone reviews - CNET Reviews
I agree that more people need to learn to use the search function, but I do think that threads that ask "What earphone recommendations are there for a budget under $XX?" do have some value because what's available changes over time. That being said, I think there should be rules or standards in place for when such a question is asked. I've seen too many threads that start with the OP providing no information on what sound they're looking for or what they'll be using...
Metal hasn't been my staple music for a decade now, but how about Fear Factory? Especially their earlier albums, Soul Of A New Machine and Demanufacture. YouTube - Fear Factory - Zero Signal Another one I remember, Misery Loves Co. The first two albums, Misery Love Co. and Not Like Them are the better ones. YouTube - Misery Loves Co. - My Mind Still Speaks And of course, not forgetting Godflesh. Their tempo may be a bit slow in comparison but they're a perfect...
For more chilled melodic stuff, check out Modal Soul by Nujabes: YouTube - Nujabes Feather YouTube - Nujabes - Reflection eternal (Unofficial/Fanvideo) For darker stuff, try Absence by Dälek: YouTube - Dälek - Asylum (Permanent Underclass) YouTube - Dälek - Distorted Prose Arrhythmia by Anti Pop Consortium YouTube - antipop consortium - ping pong YouTube - Antipop Consortium - Ghost Lawns Sleep No More by DJ Signify YouTube - Dj Signify - Fly...
Nujabes. He also did some of the soundtrack for the anime Samurai Champloo which you should also check out. All of his stuff is pretty much amazing. YouTube - Nujabes - Reflection eternal (Unofficial/Fanvideo) YouTube - Nujabes Feather Doctor Flake. YouTube - Doctor FLAKE "Sueurs froides" DJ Signify YouTube - Dj Signify-Where Did She Go feat.Buck 65 YouTube - DJ Signify - Winter's Going (Instrumental) YouTube - Dj Signify - Fly away Nicolay YouTube -...
Check out: Man With No Name YouTube - Man with No Name - Vavoom
Quote: Originally Posted by sno1man not really, I already have a 4gb clip. I also have a samsung pebble and a 1st and 2nd gen shuffle as well. i just love music and tiny mp3 players You should check this out: Acorn MP3 Player
I don't think I would get one as a player but I would love a new fiio amp that "borrows" this new shuffle's design.