or Connect

Posts by DTKZ

Quote: Originally Posted by i_don't_know I just opened up the AMP3 newsletter. They're going gaga over these things, saying they're really something special. Could you post what they sent you or a link to it?
It's an interesting idea. However, from our perspective as consumers, isn't this just like having 4 different earphones with their own sound signature, except that they're all from the same company?
Quote: Originally Posted by used-2-rap-on-headphones Wanted to add my intense appreciation for the Turbines. I'm a basshead and rap lover and these blow my mind every day. In fact, I'm getting excited just thinking about leaving work in 5 minutes and spending a couple hours walking around the city gettin' my jammy jam on. I've been looking to get a portable amp to increase the bass even more (yeah i've got a problem). Anyone paired the turbines with...
Awesome! Thanks for taking the plunge and trying these out.
Quote: Originally Posted by jayxem Yeah most of my dubstep collection doesn't have vocals. I figured it'd be a good question to ask based on the few tracks that got vocals to see if it's too bassy for the vocals to get drowned out. How does "In for the kill" sound? YouTube - La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream's Let's Get Ravey Mix) Just saw Skream, Benga, Plastician, Mala, 12th Planet, etc.. these past few days. Intense! To be honest, I'm...
It would help if you could define what you mean by "best" and what type of music you listen to. Perceived sound quality is very subjective and what's good to someone could be terrible to another. I have the Turbines and I love them, but from what I've heard, the Q-Jays have a very different sound characteristic, so it's kind of hard to tell what it is you're looking for. Or alternatively, you could try using the search function and read what people have to say about...
Quote: Originally Posted by jayxem @DKTZ would you say they do well with the dubstep tracks with heavy wobble and diva vocals thrown on top? The D2000's do an amazing job with clearly hitting on the highs and lows but don't punch as much. Diva vocals? I'm afraid that most of my dubstep collection doesn't utilize vocals. One of the few tracks I have that does, Double Face by Milanese (YouTube - Milanese - Double Face (Featuring Kate Kestrel)),...
Quote: Originally Posted by tazzmissionx The bass output isn't really an issue, I hear it just fine, it's just seems that using these with my Sansa Clip seems to be a bit underpowered. If your main issue is that they're not loud enough then, yes, either the E3 or the E5 would make them louder. I would still recommend the E5 over the E3 though, especially for portable use. The lack of an on/off switch on the E3 is quite annoying as you have to...
Quote: Originally Posted by z50j awww damnit i wanted to have new headphones that looked and sounded good. well theres always tomorrow Look on the positive side. At least you haven't bought them and THEN find out about the sound quality or lack thereof. I once bought a pair of Skullcandy headphones without knowing what I was getting myself into. It sucks spending money on a pair of headphones only to find out that their quality is so bad that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by tazzmissionx Any ideas on a possible portable amp to pair with the Turbines? I'm thinking Fiio E3. I'd recommend the E5 rather than the E3. The bass enhancement can't be switched off on the E3. While one the best points about the Turbines are their bass and the additional bass provided by the Fiio amps might be nice for hip hop and other bassy music, you might find it a bit much on songs that don't rely as much on the...