Posts by DTKZ

Hey fellow dustep fan! I would heartily recommend the Monster Turbines. I got them mainly for how I expected them to sound with dubstep and I was not disappointed. They provide the kind of bass punch and detail that sounds awesome for dubstep and work pretty well with other genres as well. I just did a short write up here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/m...6/#post5556628 As for comfort, IEMs really vary in perceived comfort depending on the individual wearing them....
Quote: Originally Posted by shigzeo anyway, some fans now? you don't have to agree with what the thread is about, but time for fans of the monster to come out! New owner chiming in. I got these a few days ago and I'm loving them. I was originally looking for a replacement for my UE 5Pros and after checking out some of the reviews here, I decided to get them. Thanks Shigezo for your review in the earlier thread. Your taste in music and headphones...
Hmm... Interesting. I'd seen pictures of it before but I'd thought that they were just pictures of a concept product. Looks like they're priced at $250! If that's the case, they have a lot to live up to. Especially for a relatively unknown product from a relatively unknown brand.
Quote: Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios Yeah but i was amazed that there wasn't really anything in that big box. I was sure they would put some more stuff inside, they should make the package smaller. Haha. Yeah, I agree totally on that point. It comes in a nice, impressive big box, but it's still a mostly empty big box. I think Soundmagic spoilt me with the amount of accessories they include in their nice, impressive small box for their...
Quote: Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios Should i buy an amp for them? i use them mostly with my macbook pro.. I don't really think it's necessary but I'm using mine with my Fiio E5 and I think that they go well together. The E5 is pretty cheap so it's a good starting point if you aren't too sure whether you want to explore more expensive amps later on. The extra bass is nice when you're listening to hip hop and bassy electronic music but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by GrooveRite Anyone know where I can get a good deal on the Turbines? You could try your luck with Ebay. There is the occasional person selling them at a really good price. I got mine for $118 including shipping. Or you could try here: Monster Cable MHTRBIE MHTRBIE TURBINE IN EAR H $99.99 is quite a steal.
You could try these. SendStation - Products - earBuddy
Quote: Originally Posted by Slides I think I will order both the hybrids and regulars as well and see which work best. And what's up with those 3 flange tips that came with the turbines? I couldn't even get them all the way into my ear. That's probably due to the shape of your ear canals. It's different for everybody. Most double flange tips don't fit for me and the ones that do, usually end up providing worse sound than if I were to use a single...
Could either of you look at how the clips are attached to the main unit? Specifically, are they attached the same way as the Koss KSC35/75? Would they work with the headband used in this mod? Koss KSC75 QuickMods - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
I'd suggest the album Endtroducing by DJ Shadow although I'm not sure whether you'd consider it too abstract or directionless. I'd say the entire album comes off as a coherent whole although that effect might be lessened or disappear if you only listen to tracks individually. Can you mention any tracks that might be good examples of the criteria you're looking for?