Posts by DTKZ

Can I just check something with other fellow Windows 7 users? I upgraded the firmware on my Concero and the 352.8kS/S and 384kS/S rates do not appear under the drop down list of formats in device properties. I e-mailed Resonessence and was told that Windows doesn't list them natively and that to use those higher bitrates, I'd have to use a player like JRiver. Is it the same for you all? I don't mind since I don't actually have any music at such high rates and I prefer to...
  When I still had an rPac, I tried it with my Note 2. Didn't work unfortunately.
Since they haven't been mentioned here. I thought I'd quote some of the recent Resonessence tweets regarding the Concero firmware upgrade:   "Concero users. Did you notice better SQ even at lower rates with the new firmware. Some Invicta users noticed a diff" https://twitter.com/resonessence/status/336283754626699264   "The firmware update has a better async USB flow control algorithm. LOL forgot to mention that"...
Sweet! Just a few more questions if you'll indulge me; my DAC has a switch which allows it to function as battery to charge my phone (although not while using it as a DAC at the same time), any idea whether your cable will be able to replicate this functionality? So far it's only worked with the aforementioned spoilt short micro b-micro b cable. It doesn't seem to work when I use a micro b-USB a cable into standard USB OTG adapter.   Also, how should I indicate what...
I'm fairly certain. I've already used like that. My main issue is that the micro-micro cable that came with my dac was not very sturdy and broke and it's pretty hard to find short micro-micro cables since mini-micro seems to be standard for portable DACs. Does your cable function as a usb otg cable? If it does, I don't think there will be any issues.
My portable DAC uses a micro b port. Would it be possible to get a micro b to micro b LOD to use with my Note 2?
I believe that update was only to fix some driver issues with Windows 8, so it wouldn't do anything for you.   https://twitter.com/resonessence/status/301893644468752385
No arguments there on my part. I still love my Concero and that won't change but it's that classic audio enthusiast quandary, isn't it?   "Sure, my current gear sounds good, but if only I had bought this/upgraded that/waited for the newer model, how much better would it sound?"   Anyway, to keep this relevant to the thread; if the Concero DSD is 32 bit, that would mean it's not using the Sabre ES9023, wouldn't it? In which case, there would probably be some sonic...
Thank you project86. That's somewhat reassuring. I guess I can't complain too much though. I did get the Concero knowing Resonessence were going to release some new stuff. It's just that I thought they were probably going to announce something larger and more expensive to fit between the Concero and Invicta in their product line which I would be able to happily ignore since the main reason I got the Concero is that I wanted something small for my modest bedroom desktop...
That made me feel much better since I just bought my Concero last week, but I just checked their twitter and now they say:     Keeping my fingers crossed.