Posts by DTKZ

Hi Danba. Have there been any differences in compatibility between the Exynos and Snapdragon versions of the SIII? I saw that the ALO Pan Am was listed as compatible with the SIII in USB debugging mode. Thinking that the SIII was more or less interchangeable with the Note II, I tried the Pan Am with my Note II but have had no luck, regardless of whether USB debugging is enabled or not. I'm assuming the people who have the Pan Am working with the SIII are using the...
Yup on both counts. I saw in the USB android DACs thread that the Pan Am would function with the SIII with USB debugging on, but in my case, the DAC seems to be detected but no sound is produced and the track plays at a faster speed. I thought it should work since I thought that whatever worked on an SIII would work with the Note II. Maybe your SIII is using a different SOC and that's the cause of the difference? Is your SIII the Snapdragon variant? My Note II uses the...
+1 for neutral. Although I have to say that I didn't even know that I would like neutral until I got the Concero. While deciding on a DAC, I also tried the Ifi iDAC and the Lindemann DAC but with the Concero, instruments just sounded more... real.   I do think it should be mentioned that the differences between the filters will not necessarily be hugely obvious to everyone. I think a few others in the thread have mentioned that and it's the same for me except for...
I can't get it to work as a usb dac with my Galaxy Note II. Any suggestions?
Stumbled onto this audio player:   http://resonic.at/home   Been a longtime Foobar user and this player reminds a lot of why I started using Foobar in the first place. Simple, clean, fast and capable of navigation via folders. Unfortunately, PC only at the moment but there are ways to run it on a mac which I can't comment on since I don't use a mac. It's also free and well, it's hard to argue with free. You can also skip to specific parts of a song easily since...
Can I just check something with other fellow Windows 7 users? I upgraded the firmware on my Concero and the 352.8kS/S and 384kS/S rates do not appear under the drop down list of formats in device properties. I e-mailed Resonessence and was told that Windows doesn't list them natively and that to use those higher bitrates, I'd have to use a player like JRiver. Is it the same for you all? I don't mind since I don't actually have any music at such high rates and I prefer to...
  When I still had an rPac, I tried it with my Note 2. Didn't work unfortunately.
Since they haven't been mentioned here. I thought I'd quote some of the recent Resonessence tweets regarding the Concero firmware upgrade:   "Concero users. Did you notice better SQ even at lower rates with the new firmware. Some Invicta users noticed a diff" https://twitter.com/resonessence/status/336283754626699264   "The firmware update has a better async USB flow control algorithm. LOL forgot to mention that"...
Sweet! Just a few more questions if you'll indulge me; my DAC has a switch which allows it to function as battery to charge my phone (although not while using it as a DAC at the same time), any idea whether your cable will be able to replicate this functionality? So far it's only worked with the aforementioned spoilt short micro b-micro b cable. It doesn't seem to work when I use a micro b-USB a cable into standard USB OTG adapter.   Also, how should I indicate what...
I'm fairly certain. I've already used like that. My main issue is that the micro-micro cable that came with my dac was not very sturdy and broke and it's pretty hard to find short micro-micro cables since mini-micro seems to be standard for portable DACs. Does your cable function as a usb otg cable? If it does, I don't think there will be any issues.