Posts by DTKZ

Thanks Lee! Your generosity is much appreciated.
That's disappointing. I just put in an order on Aliexpress thinking that the beta Asura was going to be included.
Have you heard the Aurvana Air before? If the Zen are comparable while having a bit more bass, these would really be right up my alley.
I'm a bit curious as to why everyone seems to hate the Sony foam-silicone hybrids? I actually like them quite a lot on the Z5. I admit that they were not incredibly comfortable in the beginning but I never found them that bad. I figured that the foam would break in eventually and they'd become more comfortable later on and they did in the end.. Due to the shallow fit of the Z5, I actually use the large size tips, although I'm usually a medium, and I find that the foam...
I was wondering whether anyone could comment on the soundstage. In theory, I should like earbuds since I like airiness and space and that's supposed to be a major advantage of earbuds over IEMs. But out of the earbuds I've tried, only the Creative Aurvana Air has lived up to expectations.
Possible a dumb question, but the FX850 is my first pair of IEMs with MMCX connectors. Any advice on how to plug and unplug them in as safe a manner as possible? From what I've read MMCX connectors are kind of delicate and applying a light amount of force doesn't seem sufficient. I'm not quite comfortable applying more.
Count me in the FX850 club. Managed to get it for roughly USD$335, due to preordering. Will get my hands on it sometime next month when stocks come in. Looking forward to it as a FX500 owner, which I felt had amazing timbre for drums but had tizzy highs. Only managed to audition the FX750, since the FX850 demo set hadn't arrived yet. The FX750 sounded plenty good but decided to spring for the FX850 for the replaceable cable. Would be interested to hear the thoughts of...
Probably not the best example, but here's the right side of my Merlins. Black carbon fibre under translucent black. The plate is pretty near the surface so I don't think you'll have any issues seeing the texture. The carbon fibre is a little shiny so it's pretty obvious under most forms of lighting.  
Hi Rudi. Nice to see you join the ranks of KM01-Brass owners. It is a pretty amazing amp, eh? You see what I mean by a black background with customs? I wouldn't have called any of my previous amps noisy... However, the first time you listen to the KM01 and it dawns on you how easy it is to pick out details is a revelation.   I wouldn't worry too much about how prone it is to scratches. The reason being that it's supposed to tarnish and develop it's own look after...
Well, firstly, despite what some online stores are selling it for, you don't need to pay USD $900 for it. I got mine for about USD $700. For anyone considering this amp, it pays to look around a bit more rather than just settling on the first result in google.   It sounds really good. A completely black background with custom IEMs and capable of powering my Fostex T50RP (not necessarily the best of my heaphones, but certainly the hardest to drive) quite comfortably....