Posts by DTKZ

Possible a dumb question, but the FX850 is my first pair of IEMs with MMCX connectors. Any advice on how to plug and unplug them in as safe a manner as possible? From what I've read MMCX connectors are kind of delicate and applying a light amount of force doesn't seem sufficient. I'm not quite comfortable applying more.
Count me in the FX850 club. Managed to get it for roughly USD$335, due to preordering. Will get my hands on it sometime next month when stocks come in. Looking forward to it as a FX500 owner, which I felt had amazing timbre for drums but had tizzy highs. Only managed to audition the FX750, since the FX850 demo set hadn't arrived yet. The FX750 sounded plenty good but decided to spring for the FX850 for the replaceable cable. Would be interested to hear the thoughts of...
Probably not the best example, but here's the right side of my Merlins. Black carbon fibre under translucent black. The plate is pretty near the surface so I don't think you'll have any issues seeing the texture. The carbon fibre is a little shiny so it's pretty obvious under most forms of lighting.  
Hi Rudi. Nice to see you join the ranks of KM01-Brass owners. It is a pretty amazing amp, eh? You see what I mean by a black background with customs? I wouldn't have called any of my previous amps noisy... However, the first time you listen to the KM01 and it dawns on you how easy it is to pick out details is a revelation.   I wouldn't worry too much about how prone it is to scratches. The reason being that it's supposed to tarnish and develop it's own look after...
Well, firstly, despite what some online stores are selling it for, you don't need to pay USD $900 for it. I got mine for about USD $700. For anyone considering this amp, it pays to look around a bit more rather than just settling on the first result in google.   It sounds really good. A completely black background with custom IEMs and capable of powering my Fostex T50RP (not necessarily the best of my heaphones, but certainly the hardest to drive) quite comfortably....
Just got the Kojo KM01-Brass and I thought I'd share some pics.      
For those using the Microstreamer with an android phone, does it affect the battery life a lot?
Fun little thing that might might be cool for other Concero users, I was able to get my Concero working with my Galaxy Note II using the USB Audio Recorder Pro app.
Thanks Twinster. Tried UARP and it works. Too bad space is at too much of a premium for me to load my phone with hi-res files. Fortunately, I bought the Pan Am more as a transportable amp than as a DAC so it's not too disappointing. The Pan Am used as just an amp is certainly very far from disappointing.
  Did some further testing and it appears that the Note II does need UARP to work with the Pan Am.   Also, tried out UARP with my Note II hooked up to my Resonessence Concero and it does appear to work.