Posts by ljokerl

Nope, not the Shures.   I am not a dubstep listener but I would go with the M50 or CAL! - they are pretty close depending on whether you want a bit more mids (CAL!) or treble (M50). 
  I believe this has been asked before. The PFE 232 has similar resolution and detail but the K3003 is perhaps a little more transparent in the midrange. The K3003 also has better soundstage depth and layering and is more airy and open-sounding. It also has more even treble with slightly better extension and is slightly less prone to harshness/sibilance.      Thanks          Not at this time       Likely, except for UE.
I haven't heard many of the newer releases so for me the M50 is still what's worth getting in that price range. 
  My personal queue is on the front page of this thread, below the table. I need to update it, actually.   I have no plans to try the X7 at this time.   Yes I've heard the same from someone who tried to buy an RE262. Unfortunately I haven't heard any of the new HiFiMan releases yet.
  Those are not really requirements, more of a laundry list of desirable traits. I'm sure that none of the universals I've heard hit all of those. The K3003 may be the closes match minus the lush mids and some potential for listening fatigue.      I haven't heard either of those and have no plans to at this time.     I believe this has been asked before. I have no plans to review these at this time.      I would try that GR07 first - you may be surprised by how...
  I'm not an iPhone user so I can't comment on how anything pairs with it - you may be better off asking in the RE262 thread. $99 for the earphones is a great deal, though.     I can't suggest a compliment to two earphones I've never heard, especially considering I only have one custom in that price range. Also, unless you had your customs coated with gold and diamonds, I don't see how another will attract less attention. All of my customs are plain and I've never been...
  The overall bass quantity is somewhat similar but the bass is presented differently - the RE272 generally sounds slightly softer and fuller of note. Its bass is not as punchy as that of the mkII but it decays more naturally. The mkII is punchy and quick, as is the case with most TWFK-based earphones, and that immediacy is what's lacking in the 272.          You can play with the google doc to get a better feel for the numbers. Not sure if sorting by multiple criteria is...
      I haven't heard the T-Peos either. The PFE112 and RE262 are almost guaranteed not to have the bass you are looking for. The EPH-100 is more like it but it's not too v-shaped. The JVC FXT90 is more so in my opinion. I have a less popular suggestion - the older JVC FX500. It's got very natural bass with little mid-bass bloat and crisp, sharp highs. If you can find one and don't mind the poor isolation, it would be a better match for the GR02's signature than the...
  I don't know what a definitive review is but I tried the M3 a while back. I did like the sound a lot but not so much the fit and wasn't sold on the overall value over the M1/M2.   The AM-90 is not bass heavy and if you don't like its fit there's always the similar-sounding Rock-It R-20 and MEElec A151 at similar prices (at least here in the US).     I don't think the Tx does anything for isolation or comfort over the regular T and I'm not a huge fan of the spherical...
  Thanks      I have only heard the W4 and SM3 v1. Of those two I would pick the W4 but based on what I've been told I would imagine the GR10 is a strong contender.      From mp4nation - Brainwavz M2.      I need a *shrug* smiley.   The RE0 doesn't do so bad without an amp. There's always the Ety HF5 at ~$100 and the R-50 is really not warm - I don't see how anyone would complain about it being too warm.