or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

Signature Acoustics Elements C-12 review below     (3A82) Signature Acoustics Elements C-12   Added Aug 2013   Details: Entry-level earphone from the first Indian IEM manufacturer  Current Price: est. $50 from ebay.com (MSRP: est. $60) Specs: Driver: Dynamic | Imp: 18Ω | Sens: 102 dB | Freq: 17-20k Hz | Cable: 3.9' L-plug Nozzle Size: 5.5mm | Preferred tips: Generic single-flanges Wear Style: Straight down or over-the-ear   Accessories (3.5/5) - Single-flange...
Posted a short article on IEM fitment on InnerFidelity, now linked on the front page of this thread:   Yep, will add them when I get a chance. There seems to always be several in-progress reviews I want to finish ASAP.    I do use the Fidelios as a benchmark these days and even included the S1 in the short buyer’s guide.     The MH1C and Trident aren’t notably v-shaped IMO. The Quadbeat has some cable noise, though it’s a little better than the MH1C. The EX300 and FX40...
  The SHE3580 isn't even that bassy. JVC FX101, maybe? JVC cable is quieter, too.   Yes, there's a good chance I'll get to try them soon.
Upcoming release from EarSonics: http://theheadphonelist.com/category/news/         I think you’re thinking of the Lime Ears LE3B. The LE3 is pretty neutral, maybe slightly warm but no more so than a HiFiMan RE-400, for example. The CTM-200 doesn’t have any more deep bass than the Etys (in fact, I think it drops off a little more quickly) so it doesn’t really fit your requirements. The Alclair Reference has the bass but lacks the level treble of the Etys. It sounds more...
  Ouch     I only have green/red/orange dampers .   Has anyone found a place to order this thing http://hal-hen.com/cgi-bin/info.cgi?id=2506&ls=dc~P~107 ? I want to be able to extract filters without damaging them.     The SE-3 is the only Spiral Ear I've tried but I should have my hands on the Music One soon.   Is the Lime Ears LE3 still out of budget?
The ER4S extracts pretty much all the detail there is except maybe in the subbass where it doesn't have the greatest presence.   For balanced, accurate sound my favorite is the Hidition NT 6. Except for a bit of treble emphasis, it's got some of the clearest, most balanced, and most detailed sound I've heard so far. The bass is punchy and doesn't drop off (I actually think it rises a little in the subbass region) and the presentation is wide and well-layered, in contrast...
  Yeah, the isolation of LP actually wasn't bad. It's no IEM but I definitely didn't have to blast it uncomfortably.      What are you looking to change about your Etys? I haven't heard a custom that follows Etymotic's target curve as closely as the ER4S.
  I use a couple of IEMs but most often it's to match what I'm doing rather than the music I'm listening to. For example, I often use the K3003 out and about because it has a mic and lower isolation than my customs. I generally like the sound signatures of everything I use.   The GR07BE compares well to the A161P - more bass and treble for a more v-shaped signature but still on the accurate side compared to something like the N3i. I did A:B the GR07BE with the GR06 and...
  More of everything like... louder ?    Anyway, the GR06 is not an overly colored earphone, though more so than the A161P. The A161P is the most accurate of everything you have by a margin. The N3i I would characterize as warm and bassy. It's a very nice-sounding earphone, just lacking a little in clarity. The way up from that would be something like a Yamaha EPH-100.    The LG Quadbeat is more v-shaped (less bass, more treble than N3i and more of both than A161P). It's...
Maybe also try giving them some more time. The unit I have is a loaner so I have no idea how many hours are on it.