or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

Yeah, the isolation of LP actually wasn't bad. It's no IEM but I definitely didn't have to blast it uncomfortably.      What are you looking to change about your Etys? I haven't heard a custom that follows Etymotic's target curve as closely as the ER4S.
  I use a couple of IEMs but most often it's to match what I'm doing rather than the music I'm listening to. For example, I often use the K3003 out and about because it has a mic and lower isolation than my customs. I generally like the sound signatures of everything I use.   The GR07BE compares well to the A161P - more bass and treble for a more v-shaped signature but still on the accurate side compared to something like the N3i. I did A:B the GR07BE with the GR06 and...
  More of everything like... louder ?    Anyway, the GR06 is not an overly colored earphone, though more so than the A161P. The A161P is the most accurate of everything you have by a margin. The N3i I would characterize as warm and bassy. It's a very nice-sounding earphone, just lacking a little in clarity. The way up from that would be something like a Yamaha EPH-100.    The LG Quadbeat is more v-shaped (less bass, more treble than N3i and more of both than A161P). It's...
Maybe also try giving them some more time. The unit I have is a loaner so I have no idea how many hours are on it.
  Hmm... I haven't really listened to them in depth but comparing them to the RE-400 right now the highs are a little more harsh. I agree that they are enhanced-bass earphones, probably on-par with the Shure SE215 in bass boost. More importantly, I am not noticing much sibilance. They are somewhere between the silky-smooth RE-400 and the more sibilance-prone VSonic VSD1 that I also have on my desk, but probably closer to the RE-400. I tried turning them up a bit compared...
  Thanks    Sorry, still no M-100 or Momentum 
  Sorry, no JH16, but the JH13 will be added in due time.   I have not heard the Momentum. 
  Thanks for the clarification      The MH1C is slightly better but - although it seems to be in the same price range from where I'm sitting with my RE-600 - it's actually more than 2x the current price of the PNYs...     Their sound signatures are actually very different but I did happen to compare the two. The 8.A had a more intimate presentation, a lot more bass (especially midbass) with greater impact, and an overall tone that's warmer and darker compared to the...
  That definitely mirrors my feelings about it I was almost annoyed when I first got my hands on it – you usually expect the big-brand sets to be good but ultimately not better – and definitely not better value – than the “underdogs”. In this case, however, I simply can’t find much fault at all .       I guess it’ll really depend on what’s available to you. IMO you don’t have to spend $300 to get IE8 (I haven’t heard the IE80) – level performance these days. You can just...
  Hmm... most higher-end earphones these days have an L-plug. One that comes to mind is the Astrotec AM-800. It's got a straight plug and a wood-and-metal construction. Sounds good, too.      I would agree the GR07 (I don't have the MK2) competes with the Westone 4 but saying that it sounds better is probably overstating it. If we're talking purely about balance, the GR07 has an advantage, being the flatter of the two earphones, but whether it's "better", or even as good,...