Posts by ljokerl

I haven't tried anything better than the HD668B for clear/neutral sound in that price range. It has slightly harsher treble than the HD428 that I have, though, but I'm not sure how it compares to the HD419. It's not the safest choice from a treble standpoint but I didn't find it to be sibilant. If you want to be safe with a darker sound then maybe a Beyerdynamic DT235 would be a better option even though it's not open.  No, they're so light it doesn't bother me at all. In...
 To me it's more neutral/slightly more mid-centric than those - the V6 and JH13 and especially the JH13 elevate the bass and treble a little compared to the 4S.
 You can also get the DN-1000 from lendmeurears – they ship worldwide as far as I know. The VSD1 doesn’t lag far behind the GR07 in performance. It also doesn’t lag far behind the FXT90. This is known as diminishing returns – you’ll always be paying more for that last bit of performance. Audio is not known for large incremental games per dollar spent, except at the low end or if your starting point is not very good (which is clearly not the case with the VSD1).  I...
 If you like the VSD1 and are willing to spend $200 the GR07 Bass Edition and Dunu DN-1000 would be worth looking at as upgrades.   I still think the DN1k is a good upgrade even though it's brighter. The MA750 is darker like the 3580 but differs in other ways. For sound signature alone the closest would probably be the RBH EP1 (even though it has somewhat more forward mids) but it's not enough of an upgrade to justify its price tag compared to the Philips.  Yes, I still...
 Of those, the MA750. The Dunu DN-1000 is also quite good for a v-shaped HD25-ish sound ;).
 Doubtful - if anything, the VC1000 has better clarity, albeit less bass and note thickness. More of a sidegrade than an upgrade, really.   I only have extensive experience with the HD600. To me it is a neutral, slightly warm(ish), very smooth headphone. The JH13 is more exciting, with slightly hyped-up midbass and treble. I generally prefer IEMs for how easy they make it to discern fine detail but the HD600 is my favorite full-size headphone. I don't think either has a...
 If you after bass extension then sure, it’s definitely worth it. The DN-1000 does big bass much better than the B2. See here for one of the reasons I don’t think the DN-1000 won't be an upgrade over a good TWFK set for all listeners: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-310-iems-compared-impressions-of-t-peos-narmoo-astrotec-olasonic-p-870-02-24-14/12960#post_10276305 In the end it really depends on your requirements. If you want deep, impactful bass the...
 Never tried it.
 Yeah pretty much. I like the presentation of the E10, though - it's a little vague, but pretty airy-sounding. 
Added the Creative Aurvana Live! 2