Posts by ljokerl

I'm surprised a 7mm driver can be mounted at the tip of the earpiece. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from the same fit/comfort problems as the Fischer Audio Ceramique as a result!  Haven't tried the KRK but the Sennheiser HD428 is a favorite of mine for neutral, non-harsh/bright sound under $100.  The S4 is pretty old, there are newer options even for the same type of sound that are cheaper and arguably better, such as the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition. Also, whether they're...
 I've only seen HiFiMan gear go on sale towards end-of-life so I wouldn't count on it. Best bet might be a used one here on the forums.
 Nope, never got to try the v2. At the time when it came out, it was reported to be pretty similar to the v1 minus the less crappy housing.
 Honestly, it's hard to expect anything priced 3x higher to beat the RE-400 in value. I know for sure I'll use the RE-400 and GR07 in DN2000 comparisons as those two live on my desk. Everything else is TBD but your list makes sense. Aside from standard benchmarks I usually try to pick sets with a somewhat similar signature priced both higher and lower, as well as similarly-priced sets that are not a signature match but otherwise comparable.  With unlimited time I could...
 To be honest I've never listened to any Jpop in my life. Do you know what sort of sound signature you're looking for?  I would consider the 4S an upgrade to both the RE-400 and VC1000, though its signature is probably closer to the HiFiMan with the smoother splash-free treble and not particularly lean note presentation. That said, I'm not sure how the universal version compares but I would not be surprised if the greater contact area of the 4S gives it a more impactful...
 I use all of the sources listed. Unless your DAP has something seriously wrong with it, like high output impedance at the headphone jack or a ridiculous noise floor (both of which were an issue with my old Android phone, for example) you should be getting sound that is close to what I can get with the HM-901 or one of the mini USB DACs. I personally don't think the HM-901 is miles ahead of a decent "mainstream" source like the iPhone 5 so again unless you're using...
 Next to be posted: TDK BA200Next to be reviewed: a dual-driver hybrid from China   I haven't tried either of T-Peos' flagships - the H-100 is as high as I've gotten up their product line. So far the D200R is my favorite in terms of bang/buck though. I haven't had a chance to compare the silicone custom Noble to the universal version. It was discussed at length after the 4S review was posted but it seems no one else has had the chance to try both, either.   No plans to try...
Added another budget set from T-Peos - the Popular. 
 Hmm.. I don't know about the new FX750 but I wouldn't recommend the FX700 to you. I'd go for something with quicker, less reverberant bass. The DN-1000/DN-2000 are pretty good in this regard. So are less bassy sets like the GR07 Bass Edition.  I'm not sure about these. No concrete plans, but I'd like to try them in the future.  Will do. They come highly recommended all around.  Isolation would be about on-par with the Complys. As for comfort, I personally would never make...
Speaking of the DN-2000 - added impressions of the Noble 6, Dunu DN-2000, NuForce NE-600X, and T-Peos D200R & RICH200 In-Ear Earphones here: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-noble-6-dunu-dn-2000-nuforce-t-peos-ear-earphones/