Posts by ljokerl

The Crystal does nicely split the difference between the M2 and RE-400 in bass. Sounds like it would be a good fit for you.   I don't think I've tried a single new portable amp this year so I'm not exactly up to date . I just use a HiFiMan HM-901 when I'm not too lazy to carry it around, and the Cowon J3 or my Nexus 5 straight when I am. 
 Things are generally quite a bit more expensive in Europe. The Denon HP700 is €99 on Amazon germany but the shipping charge kills it. Anyway, for stuff that stays within budget I quite enjoyed the Panasonic HTF600 both with EDM and other genres. The Creative Aurvana Live! is very good too. Both are lightweight over-ear headphones with pretty poor isolation. Not ideal for use in loud environments, but otherwise very good.   I haven't tried those but found the same to be...
 I've only heard the XBA-1 (not XBA-10) and even that not at much length. Based on that, the EPH-100 and MH1C won't really have the same signature. Two that come to mind for the kind of sound you are describing are the UE600 (not sure if form factor will work for you and how much of an upgrade it is) and the RE-400 like suman suggested. The RE-400 doesn't have a very large soundstage but it's a superb earphone for warmish sound for the price (currently on sale for...
 More recessed lower mids than with the IE800, but strong upper mids on the Lears. I do think the IE800 sounds better overall. BTW, I prefer the form factor of the Lears to some of the weird design choices on the IE 800. 
 Sure, did that here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-325-iems-compared-nuforce-ne-600x-added-10-30-14-p-990/14520#post_10863051 . Couldn't really split them on things like clarity and detail but I listed all the areas where I felt they differ noticeably. If you can afford the JH13, I still think it's a slightly better earphone, but if you're more comfortable with the V6-Stage price tag, it's not exactly a slouch in any way.  The only Lears I've tried are...
 Strong bass plus forward mids is pretty tough to pull off - usually cranking up the bass you either get some midrange recession (like the the unique melody hybrid) or some bloat in the lower midrange. Of the enhanced-bass non-"hyper high end" universals the Sony XBA-H3 might be the best I've tried in that regard, though it still has minimal bass bloat. Very good treble quality, though, and not a lot of midrange recession. The EarSonics SM64 is another - it is BA-based but...
 Is that the triple dynamic? Haven't tried that one - I do have their hybrid (3X? not sure what it's called) but it's a little too v-shaped for me.  Appreciate the suggestions but pretty filled up on new IEMs at the moment.   Good pricing! 
Added the Nuforce NE-600X. Great value at the current <$15 as far as bass-heavy earphones go.  
 If you have the luxury of a decent EQ, I would play around with that as well. You might be able to get closer to your ideal with relatively minor tweaks (and of course without switching earphones).
 Glad the thread has been useful   Your question certainly makes sense but considering the DN-1000 is one of the best sets I've tried in the sub-$200 and what you're looking for would be an upgrade, it's a tough ask. The closest I can think of to an IEM that has the bottom half of the DN-1000's sound but with smoother highs, and yet maintains very good clarity (maybe just a bit behind the Dunu) is the Sony XBA-H3, and the lowest I've seen those is at $250 or so. Ditto on...