Posts by ljokerl

I don't have much experience with modern hi-fi DAPs/Amps, but they don't need an amp when used with the one I do have (HiFiMan 901 with IEM card). I imagine other decent DAPs are similarly capable of driving them.   Why not the HF5? It's in that price range.  The VSonic VC1000 would be an alternative. Maybe even a T-Peos H-100 if a v-shaped sound is okay. 
 I sent them an email or two back when I had some room in my schedule but it didn't work out. Maybe someday. 
 IME the gap is bigger going down from the V6-Stage to a UE900 than going up to a JH13 or something. The V6-Stage only has one or two little things holding it back from being exactly on-par with the better $1k+ sets I've tried. 
 Well, it will be an upgrade but the Piston is warm and bassy (and v-shaped) whereas the SE425 (last I heard it... which was a while ago) is pretty balanced. The Shures will give you a much more clear and accurate sound but they just haven't got much in common with the Piston 2.  This also makes sense based on my experience with the FX700. I haven't had a chance to try both the universal and custom version of the same IEM as james has, but I would imagine that any...
 No, the W40 is too dark and has too much mid-bass to be a V6-Stage alternative. A good TWFK-based set like the VSonic VC1000 will be a better match for the V6-Stage tuning. If you want detachable cables, the UE900 is a better option, though one that's not necessarily comfortable in smaller ears. Or the Sony MDR-EX1000 or EX600.  I haven't tried the IM03, FX850, or FX1100.   Don't have new ADEL modules yet so probably not for a while. I really want the tuning of the...
 The SD-2 is not exactly a paragon of comfort. There's a smaller version (SD-2S) but I haven't tried it. Should be more comfortable though. One of the SD-2's biggest strengths is its excellent end-to-end extension - compared to the SE535 it has a little more extension and overall presence and energy up top and the bass loses less steam down below, too. Makes it sound a little less mid-centric/focused. Don't think it has any cons vs the SE535. Maybe that it's a bit more dry...
Happy New Year, everyone!  BTG is what I was thinking of.  Refined, yes. Better bass, yes. Forward mids - not so much. The NT6 is generally not an intimate-sounding earphone. Probably can't be called laid-back, but it's not more forward than the CK10 (which has a smaller soundstage overall) in the midrange.   In my experience the better accurate-sounding options in that price range will fall generally into two categories - flat/flat-ish IEMs that don't have that bit of...
 There was a company that did recables and even installed detachable cable sockets on IEMs but the name eludes me at the moment. Maybe someone else can remember.   I think the BA200 is better than average in that regard, just not as good as the RE-400 (which is way better than average) or Music One/SD-2 (again, way better than average)
 Thanks, seen that site before. I think what they do is run my review through an automated translator to another language and then back to English. This changes the wording and grammar to some lower form of the language, but it preserves the gist of it (and apparently the SEO potential). It's also not technically a copy of my content but rather a paraphrase, which makes copyright more hazy. They make money off people stumbling on the site via search and clicking the Amazon...
^ That's more thorough than I could be