Posts by ljokerl

There's quite a few differences between the mids of the TF10 and those of the SM3, but the JH13 sounds more similar to the former than the latter to my ears. They were tuned by the same person, after all . If you want thick and lush mids, the JH13 just isn't it. 
 Thank you for you support (and TDK BA200 )   That darn CKX5iS is still in the way (queue).   That or they didn't find the sales of the current lineup (prior to the clearances) to meet expectations and gave up on the higher-end in-ear market. Hopefully that's not the case.  Honestly, nothing comes to mind in terms of an upgrade from the BA200 in every area of consequence with no absolutely concessions in the sub-$700 range. See, for example, the comparison to the Sony...
(Finally) added the TDK BA200! 
 I personally liked the FXT90 with my rock/metal library. There are lots of other options as well depending on what type of sound you like - the HiFiMan RE-400 for a more balanced/mid-centric sound, for example, or the VSonic VSD1S for something with punchy bass (but a bit less quantity than FXT90) and bright treble.   I have limited experience with full-size cans but out of what I've heard the DT880/600 would seem to be the closest. I love the HD600 but it doesn't quite...
 Not sure about the Martin Logan sets - haven't tried them. Bass-heavy earphones typically don't have the best detail, with some exceptions. Ultra-detailed sets like the Etys mentioned above won't have as much bass enhancement as a set of SE215s, never mind the MA750. Hybrid sets such as the Dunu DN-1000 can be the answer, but they're pricier. 
 Really depends on what type of improvement you're looking for. The DN-2000 has an advantage in bass depth and treble smoothness, the note presentation is a little thicker, and the soundstage is a little more even in depth and width. However, I don't think there's any improvement in clarity or bass control over the GR07BE.  It really depends on what type of improvement you're after. The W40 and CT-200 have some advantages over the BA200 but they also make some concessions....
 Can't, on account of not having tried the H-300.  Yeah, at least on-par with Popular. The CKX5's treble is a little smoother and clearer, and it has a wider presentation. However, the Popular is more dynamic and lively, and the bass is more impressive with greater slam and punch. 
 Never tried the AKR02 but you might want to ask james444 for an update to this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/503801/review-impressions-of-the-final-audio-design-fi-ba-ss-versus-the-sm3-fx700-and-e-q7/255#post_10202678   Neutral to slightly warm? Sure, if you keep in mind that IEMs with a neutral signature have an inherent disadvantage in bass slam and soundstaging compared to similarly-tuned full-size cans. RE-400 would be a good place to start when looking for an HD600-like...
 Thanks! It's actually quite a modern site for a Chinese OEM. They have nice-looking products. 
 Neither is for bassheads and both are very clean and clear. I tend to consider the RE-400 a tad more neutral, though.  Got a link to the manufacturer's site? They might just send one out.   Significantly less bright, not quite as clear, a little more warm and full-bodied. Very different takes on near-neutral sound.   Good to know!