or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

I still remember when the majority opinion on Head-Fi was that you can't get a worthwhile earphone for under $50. How things change...  Sorry, never tried a Fischer Amps product.
Added a review of the Xiaomi Piston 3 earphones. The IEM ranking has been updated.  
 Black. In this case I reviewed whatever EarSonics deemed fit to send out.   The GR07 is something you can't easily beat for ~$100 if you like the sound signature. The FLC8 someone else recommended is a good step up if you also want detachable cables, and its sound can be modified using the tuning system. However, its isolation is similar to the GR07/DN-1000 level (rather than Etymotic), but you can switch to a foam tip to try and maximize it without adding flanges. Foam...
Added the EarSonics Velvet. As always, the most up to date IEM ranking can be found here. 
 Shure only has one dynamic driver model and it's pretty sensitive. So are RHA and Klipsch earphones, at least those I've tried. However, that doesn't mean they'll be a poor match for your setup, just that they don't meet the requirements you previously posted. I personally think the MA750 from RHA is very source-independent, and a very nice IEM overall.   Yes, the VSD5 is in the queue. So far it just reminds me of the other VSonic IEMs... they definitely have a "house"...
 Sounds good to me - I have heard how detailed BA bass can sound when it's properly extended without the mid-bass hump of the JH13s (Hidition NT 6, for example) and it's glorious.   Totally agree. Also, Audio-Technica still doesn't give us that much of the good stuff ever since they pulled the CK10, CK90Pro, and CK100 off the US market way back when.  Armatures rarely have even phase response. Typically you want a high-impedance dynamic driver for something like this. Say,...
  Haven't tried it but that page says improved deep bass and not much else. The old HT-21 I had was pretty average in terms of bass extension so that wouldn't be a bad thing at all. 
 Is that an Earwerkz model? I never found time to try the Legend R, which I regret. If this is a new one I will make time for it. 
 Yeah, these were just recommended a page or two back. As a big fan of JVC microdriver IEMs, I'll keep an eye out for them. 
 The Titan 1 is competitive with the DN-2000 keeping in mind the tuning differences. I know I wouldn't rank the Titan below the Philips Fidelio S1, which puts it at an 8.9/10 or higher. There's a lot of other stuff on this (high) performance tier that I'm playing around with right now - the Audio-Technica IM02, Aurisonics Rockets, potentially the RHA T20 and LIFE in-ear, and some others. Need more time and A:Bs to get all of them straight in my head.