or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

Not sure what those are (or are comparable to). Perhaps someone else has something to recommend. 
Added a review of the Alpha & Delta AD01 from Lendmeurears The most up-to-date ranking can be found here. 
 You'd figure most people on Head-Fi keep their tips. I know I have a big, loosely organized box. Not familiar with that particular shape, though.
 Not familiar with these.  GR07 would have been my first choice also. My favorite alternative (Philips Fidelio S2) hasn't got very good isolation. The other sets I like in that price range don't really resemble the VSD3S too much in sound tuning but you could go for something way more neutral, like the Audio-Technica ATH-IM02. I've been enjoying these quite a lot lately and they isolate well. I don't have any non-VSonic alternatives to the VSD3S under $70, either. It's one...
 Yeah, I wouldn't tag any of those three as particularly "smooth" and I don't think the Momentum is very balanced, either. The Brainwavz R3 recommended above is a very nice option, sounds almost like an RE-400 and has a rather heavy-duty build. If you really want to go indestructible with similar sound there's also the Aurisonics Rockets, but those are quite a bit pricier. 
 They're very different earphones, I don't think my review will be very helpful with this. I certainly wouldn't compare them head to head. If you want smooth and balanced, near-reference sound, get the Music One. If you want something colored and energetic, with a v-shaped sound signature, then the DUNU is better.  That's much safer than getting a repair done..
 +1. I still have my pair somewhere.
 I still remember when the majority opinion on Head-Fi was that you can't get a worthwhile earphone for under $50. How things change...  Sorry, never tried a Fischer Amps product.
Added a review of the Xiaomi Piston 3 earphones. The IEM ranking has been updated.  
 Black. In this case I reviewed whatever EarSonics deemed fit to send out.   The GR07 is something you can't easily beat for ~$100 if you like the sound signature. The FLC8 someone else recommended is a good step up if you also want detachable cables, and its sound can be modified using the tuning system. However, its isolation is similar to the GR07/DN-1000 level (rather than Etymotic), but you can switch to a foam tip to try and maximize it without adding flanges. Foam...