Posts by ljokerl

DUNU DN-2000 review added. 
 Bass extension is probably on-par objectively but the JH13 has a slight mid-bass boost that can steal attention away from the deep bass, whereas the HE-560 sounds extremely level, so I'd say the HiFiMan has an advantage there. Detail retrieval is awesome on both but I tend to have an easier time hearing fine detail with IEMs so for me this would go to the JH13. Treble - again the HE-560 is flatter and also smoother to my ears.  Not sure as I haven't tried the EX650, but...
 It has some minute differences from my old (2010) GR07 but I can't say it's worse so it won't get a different score. I sent the VSD3 to InnerFidelity for measurements right away - will listen to it when I get it back.   I don't like comparing IEMs to headphones, partly because they just don't give the same experience especially in bass and soundstaging, and partly because I tend to prefer IEMs these days in general. I wouldn't say the HE-560 is an upgrade to the JH13, but...
 No, not yet, but I'll probably get one soon. Still have to post full write-ups of the VSD3, VSD3S, and GR07 Classic...  I've tried these before but it's been a while - they've been around forever in various flavors. Didn't think the sound was particularly noteworthy and at the time JVC Marshmallows (FX33 or FX34) were better low budget foam-tipped IEMs. I haven't seen much talk of the newest Marshmallows (FX36?) so who knows what's better now. 
  If you can give up a bit of bass boost and some ergonomics, the Brianwavz R3 may be a good one. Very smooth treble. Usually runs $130 but has been down to $90-ish. With a little less clarity and somewhat duller treble, but arguably even better build than the R3, the Shure SE215 is an option as well.  Most of the other ones I would recommend for that sort of sound within a reasonable price range will not beat the construction of the VSonics (e.g. SteelSeries Flux and Flux...
 No, I haven't had a chance to use them. I sent them off for measurements and just got them back recently.   Sorry, the VSD3S is quite possibly the best I've heard in its class and what you're asking for would be a straight up upgrade, at the same price. That would be one amazing IEM, though.  The ATH-CKX5 has those ear fittings and works rather well for active use but it has a v-shaped sound with plenty of bass and somewhat edgy treble (nothing offensive, but not what I'd...
 Three come to mind:TDK BA200 - pretty good build and excellent ergonomics. Sounds is similar to the RE-400 with some improvements here and thereVSonic GR07 - similarly good build and good ergonomics but with a bit more bass punch and less laid-back treble with a bit of sibilancePhonak PFE 112 - another set that's extremely comfortable and decently well-made, but with a flatter sound profile than the VSonics and a less warm/more bright one than the TDKs
 Very true, some are definitely more sensitive than others to this sort of thing. To be fair, however, the MA750 has some emphasis in the 4-6k range that a lot of other bass-heavy IEMs don't have. See here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/ReadHeathAcousticsMA750.pdf . I think that's what causes the slight tizz I heard on it as well. Compare for instance to the UBSOUND mentioned in the post above yours, which sounds smooth in that...
 The Yamaha EPH-100 would be my pick. Sound signature works really well for electronic music and is still versatile enough for other genres, excellent isolation, and microphonics are good as well. 
 Yeah don't we all wish we could try both of those   Yeah, I don't find the W40 to be more than minutely different from the W4/W4R. The comparison should hold up fine. One thing the A83 doesn't have is less bass than the W40 - it's actually a little punchier. It's also a little less midrange-focused than the W40 - not lacking in presence, but not something I'd call vocal-centric. Otherwise seems like the A83 is quite a good fit for what you're after.