Posts by ljokerl

Why not just get another GR02 BE? I haven't heard anything that sounds very similar to these but better - they are just bassier than the VSD1 and most of the other sets I recommend often these days, so I don't think there's anything more suitable for you in that price range. The ATH-CKM500 might be worth considering but its deep bass is not as prominent as that of the GR02.  Yes, I wrote this review. It's being updated ~weekly - see the title of the thread and the index...
 The j-Phonics aren't available outside of Japan anymore. The BA200 has been discontinued but it's still a very good earphone - I just added it to this review 10 days ago. The Westone 4 and EX1000 are older, anyway. The sets you're looking at are kind of all over the place. For example, the BA earphone with the best deep bass (IMO) - the EarSonics SM64 - isn't even on your list. The IE80 is bassier than all the other ones you're considering, too, and well-performing...
 More v-shaped by a good amount. The CX300 isn't really v-shaped, just bloated and boomy because of all that mid-bass.  The FXT90 doesn't have the most subbass presence but its bass impact is closest to the MA750 and greater than with the FXD80. There was someone else recently who had the same concerns about the design of the FXD80 (coming from a non-microdriver earphone) but last I heard that worked out quite well.
 Haven't had a chance to add it but I do recommend it wholeheartedly. It's also in my buyer's guide: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/   The FXD80 has good soundstage width but sounds a bit flat/lacking in depth next to the FXT90. Detail retrieval is comparable between them.  As for the FXD80's bass quantity, among the other sets you're considering it's north of the H-100 but south of the MA750.  Wow, another NT-6 owner! Glad to hear that, they really are...
 Depends, do you want the bass and wow factor of the DN-1000 or the balance and poise of the UE900? $200 ish is a good price for the UE900 if genuine.  Yeah, a bit. Not too bad, though. The RHA MA750 for example has the right bass, treble, and presentation characteristics but it's not cool in tone and clarity/detail retrieval are not the best due to slight veiling of the midrange. The JVC FXD80 is the opposite - not as bassy and brighter/less forgiving overall, but tonally...
 To be honest I didn't even know there were other versions. I've only tried the original H-100  I use the single-flange tips from the MEElec M6. They're similar to the Philips tips in terms of sizing but they give me a better seal. The M6 double-flanges also work pretty well - I would suggest trying both if you can.   Not loaded... just very long. It's much easier if you tell me what type of sound you're after in more detail than have me compare and contrast five different...
 They're not "real" Complys as far as I can tell. However, my Comply T400s fit on them fine. T500s might fit as a well - don't have any right now to test. I prefer Comply tips to the stock Dunu foamies. The Audio-Technica heat-activated foam tips also fit very well but are expensive at about $3/pair. 
 Thanks, much appreciated   As discussed over the past few pages, it's very hard to find an earphone that is all around better than another (as long as the starting point is a good performer, of course) - there are almost always some potential compromises to be made. The VSD1S, for example, is more sibilance-prone than the SHE3580, even though I still consider it an upgrade overall - better clarity, tighter bass, wider soundstage, etc. The AM-800 is substantially brighter...
I'd be happy to try them, if only to A:B with the newer version and see where they fall in the grand scheme of things for SQ. 
 Since they are so similar in SQ, no more than a 9.1 or 9.2.