Posts by ljokerl

The Yamaha EPH-100 would be my pick. Sound signature works really well for electronic music and is still versatile enough for other genres, excellent isolation, and microphonics are good as well. 
 Yeah don't we all wish we could try both of those   Yeah, I don't find the W40 to be more than minutely different from the W4/W4R. The comparison should hold up fine. One thing the A83 doesn't have is less bass than the W40 - it's actually a little punchier. It's also a little less midrange-focused than the W40 - not lacking in presence, but not something I'd call vocal-centric. Otherwise seems like the A83 is quite a good fit for what you're after. 
 Less. The Momentum is pretty bassy - not a bass monster, but I don't think anyone will find it lacking.   Not sure - I didn't try them at CES when I tried their new Pinnacle so no idea how they sound. The feature set is impressive for $50.
Added a review of the UBSOUND Fighter
 Thanks. The only one of these I have here is the Titan 1 but mine's imbalanced and the treble sounds a little off. Otherwise quite decent. Agreed on the IM50, which is the only other one of these I've tried. 
Updated my IEM Buyer's Guide by sound signature here: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/   New additions for 2015 include the DUNU DN-2000, Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear, Ostry KC06, and VSonic VSD3S. The older VSonic VSD1S has been removed.
 No experience with the XBA-A3.  My Custom Art Music One review is on the 1st page of this thread. It's a very good earphone for the money.   I had an RSM at one point. Sent it back for a refit and never got it back. Oh well. As for aftermarket cables, I personally am not a fan. I know some people tout night and day differences between different cables but that has not been my experience.   Yep, hopefully later this month. They're really bass-heavy (and also just generally...
 I generally prefer the Piston but it depends on what you're after. For warmer sound with heavier bass the Piston2 is a much better match but for more neutral sound with not as much bass depth/punch or warmth, the E10 is better.  That or you're not getting a very good seal with them, which tends to increase perceived treble presence in that range. There are a few earphones that are bass-heavy but significantly more smooth than the MA750. These are the ones that come to...
 I actually never, ever saw one of these again. Always thought that was kind of strange...
 Not at this time.  Have it, hate the size. Hurts my ears after 30 mins or so. Don't think I can be fair evaluating the sound of it for that reason so I haven't used it much. Philips O'Neill Tread   Hmm... maybe EarSonics SM3 or even SM2? Although the TG334 does not sound like what you were asking for previously - it doesn't exactly have treble sparkle - the opposite, actually.