Posts by ljokerl

They're similar in the sense that both can be called v-shaped, but other than that they're pretty different. The FXT90 is more mid-bassy but also has warmer/thicker/fuller mids by a good margin. The FXD80 is more focused on deep bass vs mid-bass and has thinner/more withdrawn mids by a good margin. It also has a more "wide and flat" soundstage whereas the FXT90 is more forward and has better depth.  There's an app that lets you use reference headphones and pre-set EQ...
 Yeah, you would definitely notice the differences in sound signature, but not so much in performance (i.e. FXT90 might have a little more quantity of mid-bass and midrange, but with similar quality).  TDK BA200 or potentially Sony MDR-7550 if you're okay with crap isolation and the odd fit. These are not bass-heavy earphones, but if you're okay with the bass from the A161 they should work for you. They both have a warmer, less analytical sound compared to the A161P but...
 That just means you need to look in more often   If the JVCs were my top pick for your requirements a month or two back, they still are - I haven't come across a direct replacement.  The FXT90 is certainly not as recessed in the midrange but I can't put a dollar value on that.  Thank you   My pick would be the VSD1S from VSonic.  The IEMs I could recommend for that type of sound - HiFiMan and TDK primarily - lack the remote feature. It is also unclear how the...
 The FX40 is quite bright. The 3580 is a better match for what you want, except it doesn't have particularly forward mids. More so than the M9, but still not forward. The Dunu DN-12 Trident recommended above might be a pretty good option, too.  I don't have a Fiio E6 and phone audio quality varies quite a lot. iPhones are definitely comparable to a Clip+, for example, but my previous-generation HTC Android phone was pretty crap and my Clip+ was significantly better.
 Exaggerated, yes, but the mids are not overwhelmed. A lesser earphone would struggle with the bass quantity of the IE800 but for the Sennheisers its only a minor handicap, so to speak. 
Yea, I reviewed it here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-ie-800-dynamic-ear-monitor . Beware that it has a lot of bass - more than the EarSonics and others.   Just needs one of these for the ALO. Using only the green end will solve the problem.     The SHE3595 is based on the 3580/3590, which are well-regarded. I quite like them. The XBA-1iP might be too long (in terms of housing length) to sleep with if you sleep in your side. Two more options you might...
 I wish that happened more often . I'm almost ashamed to say that I personally still haven't tried a single Shure headphone.   Definitely do keep in mind that the M-80 and DNA PRO sound very different, with the M-80 being significantly warmer and the DNA PRO being significantly brighter.
 Definitely a good option. Didn't realize they were down to $110. I'd be careful buying them on sale due to counterfeits but if it's sold by amazon it should be fine.  I don't know how much room for improvement there is on top of the HM-901 with IEM card - I've tried the AK120, DX50, X3 and didn't think either was better than the 901. Plus, there's not much room for growth in the NT-6's score anyway - it's 2nd overall   My reply, for posterity:   I would say EarSonics SM64...
 I still haven't found anything I enjoy more than the ER4S and a few of the better TWFKs in that price range for balanced-to-slightly bright sound. However, if you can get your hands on it, maybe try the Sony EX1000 - it provides a slightly different take on the balanced/bright signature with a wider/more out-of-the-head presentation. The EX600 is also an option and should be less expensive, but possibly harder to get your hands on. If you only consider universals it's not...
 If you're using an Apple product, volume controls are easy enough (pretty much any 3-button remote will do) but if you're using Android, that really narrows down your options a lot. For working out I probably won't recommend the Flux or EtyKids - the former just not secure enough in the ear and the latter perhaps not comfortable enough with that deep seal. The M6P is a definitely good option. If you must have more accurate sound than the bassy M6P, I think you can find...