Posts by ljokerl

Glad you like them !  Never tried the Rockets  I've only heard the Westone 2 and that was a while ago, but I would agree that in terms of signature it's very similar to the SD-2. GR07 less so - it has a little more bass and some treble emphasis that isn't there with the W2 or SD-2.
 I haven't.   As someone said above, do not buy the Havi for bass. I haven't tried the TTPOD and my recommendations for bass-heavy earphones with quality that's at least on-par with the FXT90 tend to be more expensive and probably not as readily available - the RHA MA750 and Yamaha EPH-100, for instance. The TTPOD seems to be highly recommended and costs a lot less, so it may be worth a try just on that basis.  I thought the comfort was great, no complaints at all. They're...
 I don't think a simple anything is possible with the FLC8 
 I think the M50 or M50X is a good recommendation with the caveat that you may have to raise the bass a little via EQ if you want to match a Piston that you've already EQd to increase bass (that's quite a lot of bass). You can also try the Creative Aurvana Live! to prioritize comfort - not sure what you issue was with the V55 but I think for smaller ears the fit of the CAL! is perfect. Also, if you have the option, you should try the V6 just to see where it stands for you....
 Linear sine sweeps make it extremely easy to tell, but it is a very tricky to gauge what is and isn't a significant deviation, especially as you get into the top end.  A "middle road" option is to put your source in mono mode (mix the channels together) but still use regular music tracks. I find that this is capable of pointing out significant imbalances but not as revealing of minor ones as the sweep method.   I've heard the brand name but I've never tried a Takstar...
 I did, and it was also imbalanced, just not as much (going by ear, didn't send it in) as the original unit Tyll measured. This was before the measurements were posted so I didn't know the severity of the imbalance of the first unit. I actually gave up after the second one, but then after the data went up another Head-Fier contacted me and offered a 3rd, which I should have on hand soon.   Wow, that's very interesting indeed. Never seen anything like it. I wonder what the...
 Haven't tried it yet but it does look interesting. I remember thinking it was another version of the MOE SS01 / JVC FXT90 system when I first saw it but that doesn't seem to be the case.   This has been my impression so far as well.  The Tour has more mid-bass than pretty much anything, which really affects the overall sound. The IE8 is nowhere near as bloated.   Thanks, I appreciate that. What comes to mind in the universal form factor is the InEar StageDiver...
 At first listen it sounded nice but not that nice. Then again, it's comfortable, not super expensive, and it does have the rare option of Android controls. Will see where the review takes me. 
 It's a little different from my ~5-year old GR07 mkI but I can't say it's worse. Compared them here: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-gr07-classic-plus-warning/ . For $99 it's great if you like the VSonic sound. The VSonic VSD3S is great as well considering it's only $45 or so: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-vsd3s-ostry-kc06-havi-b3-pro/ . The Ostry KC06 mentioned there has great sound and mediocre isolation as well.   Sent it to...
 With the SE525 you're sacrificing a lot of bass - compared to an EPH-100 it's almost flat. Good earphone overall, just a radically different sound sig.  Not sure how the XBA-A3 compares to the XBA-H3 - maybe there's a comparison out there somewhere. I do think the H3 is a good earphone so assuming the A3 is better and not worse it should be good as well.