Posts by ljokerl

Nope... I haven't gotten around to reviewing Braniwavz' 2 previous releases yet. They're sitting on  a shelf somewhere. I really like the sound of the R3, just hard to wear it properly.  I'll just judge for myself. I do expect that the VSD3 and VSD3S will sound similar with very minor details setting them apart.  The GR02 BE has more bass than the E10. The GR99 is discontinued as far as I know and both the GR02 and GR99 are hard to recommend over VSonic's newer VSD1/VSD1S...
 Yeah, that's a very nice price even without the sound tuning. The ability to add extra bass is just icing on the cake.  Supposed to be on its way. Not sure when it will get to me but I'm excited to hear it.
 The BA200 was just too good to skip over . It's a real shame that TDK is dropping all of their higher-end earphones.
An interactive version of this review thread has been created here. It adds the ability to filter reviews by numerical criteria, as well as sort and search functionality. It also features the most up-to-date pricing and value scores and automatically hides discontinued products (makes the table much more manageable).
Added a review of the NarMoo R1M 
 I appreciate the offer but I don't think I can take on any additional reviews at this point and a discontinued item would indeed have a low priority. 
 Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try the Minerva single-drivers. I don't know if this is helpful but I did find the Pro in silicone to be a good upgrade from the Custom Art Music One - maybe someone has compared those with the single-driver Minervas. I wouldn't say the duals have particularly high bass quantity, but they're not lacking in bass.  There's a list below the table on the front page. It's not complete, but it's a good start  . I also have two on loan...
 That's an unfortunate experience, but I every new earphone heard is a step towards discovering what you can and can't tolerate  A good question about the A161P - what comes to mind are the "Heaven"-series earphones I've heard from Final Audio Design - Heaven A, Heaven C, Heaven S. The newer Heaven II seems promising as well but I haven't spent enough time with it yet to be sure.  Don't know if there are any other single-BA earphones on the market using the Knowles ED...
 Boosting treble does result in the impression of greater clarity*, but in the case of SS01 vs Philips S1, the difference is negligible and once you spend time ear time with the S1 it won't sound less clear than the SS01 anymore. Also, while the S1 has greater subbass weight, keep in mind that it's not a very bassy earphone overall. It's only about on-par with the VSonic GR07 in overall bass quantity.  *That's not to say that a brighter earphone is always clearer than a...
 Same here, still use the A161 to benchmark other IEMs all the time.  I haven't tried the JBLs but two other sub-bass heavy IEMs you should consider are the Yamaha EPH-100 and RHA MA750. I wouldn't bother with the GR07BE - despite the name it's not a very bassy earphone.  This was my experience with the A161P as well. Gets very loud, very quickly.  Impedance is 35ohms at 1k per InnerFidelity measurements, but definitely not linear.