Posts by ljokerl

Definitely a good option. Didn't realize they were down to $110. I'd be careful buying them on sale due to counterfeits but if it's sold by amazon it should be fine.  I don't know how much room for improvement there is on top of the HM-901 with IEM card - I've tried the AK120, DX50, X3 and didn't think either was better than the 901. Plus, there's not much room for growth in the NT-6's score anyway - it's 2nd overall   My reply, for posterity:   I would say EarSonics SM64...
 I still haven't found anything I enjoy more than the ER4S and a few of the better TWFKs in that price range for balanced-to-slightly bright sound. However, if you can get your hands on it, maybe try the Sony EX1000 - it provides a slightly different take on the balanced/bright signature with a wider/more out-of-the-head presentation. The EX600 is also an option and should be less expensive, but possibly harder to get your hands on. If you only consider universals it's not...
 If you're using an Apple product, volume controls are easy enough (pretty much any 3-button remote will do) but if you're using Android, that really narrows down your options a lot. For working out I probably won't recommend the Flux or EtyKids - the former just not secure enough in the ear and the latter perhaps not comfortable enough with that deep seal. The M6P is a definitely good option. If you must have more accurate sound than the bassy M6P, I think you can find...
Posted brief impressions of a couple new universal and custom-fit earphones here: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-noble-fr-pr-perfect-seal-sportbud-silver-minerva-mi-performer-pro-mi-artist-pro/   The post includes:   Noble FR & PR variable-tuning universals Perfect Seal SportBud Silver half-shell custom earphones Minerva Mi-Performer Pro and Mi-Artist Pro custom musicians' monitors
Like I said, nothing that sounds similar to the GR02 BE but better. The VSD1S is almost identical to the VSD1 in sound and I don't know anything about any new VSD earphones.   I don't have a link for the S. It's pretty new, you probably just need to contact InEar for purchase info/photos at this point.   More similar to the A161 than the MA750. The MA750 sounds very different - warmer, bassier, more v-shaped, and also a little muffled in the midrange in comparison. The...
 Why not just get another GR02 BE? I haven't heard anything that sounds very similar to these but better - they are just bassier than the VSD1 and most of the other sets I recommend often these days, so I don't think there's anything more suitable for you in that price range. The ATH-CKM500 might be worth considering but its deep bass is not as prominent as that of the GR02.  Yes, I wrote this review. It's being updated ~weekly - see the title of the thread and the index...
 The j-Phonics aren't available outside of Japan anymore. The BA200 has been discontinued but it's still a very good earphone - I just added it to this review 10 days ago. The Westone 4 and EX1000 are older, anyway. The sets you're looking at are kind of all over the place. For example, the BA earphone with the best deep bass (IMO) - the EarSonics SM64 - isn't even on your list. The IE80 is bassier than all the other ones you're considering, too, and well-performing...
 More v-shaped by a good amount. The CX300 isn't really v-shaped, just bloated and boomy because of all that mid-bass.  The FXT90 doesn't have the most subbass presence but its bass impact is closest to the MA750 and greater than with the FXD80. There was someone else recently who had the same concerns about the design of the FXD80 (coming from a non-microdriver earphone) but last I heard that worked out quite well.
 Haven't had a chance to add it but I do recommend it wholeheartedly. It's also in my buyer's guide: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/   The FXD80 has good soundstage width but sounds a bit flat/lacking in depth next to the FXT90. Detail retrieval is comparable between them.  As for the FXD80's bass quantity, among the other sets you're considering it's north of the H-100 but south of the MA750.  Wow, another NT-6 owner! Glad to hear that, they really are...
 Depends, do you want the bass and wow factor of the DN-1000 or the balance and poise of the UE900? $200 ish is a good price for the UE900 if genuine.  Yeah, a bit. Not too bad, though. The RHA MA750 for example has the right bass, treble, and presentation characteristics but it's not cool in tone and clarity/detail retrieval are not the best due to slight veiling of the midrange. The JVC FXD80 is the opposite - not as bassy and brighter/less forgiving overall, but tonally...