Posts by ljokerl

Yep, Xiaomi Piston 2 or 3 if you want buttons (plural). Both have 3-button Android remotes (I actually prefer the remote on the Piston 2 because the buttons are a bit easier to use without looking). Both sound really good, too - the Piston 3 is indeed more balanced while the 2 is on the warmer and bassier side. Not super airy, but in that price range and with a 3-button Android remote it doesn't get any better than these two.
 I don't have any experience with the CK100 PRO. The DN-1000 can be thought of as a v-shaped, enhanced-bass earphone with a rather exciting sound signature, but it can also be considered an analytical earphone similar to the TWFK-based Brainwavz B2 or ATH-CK10, but with an added subwoofer. Of course the bass won't be as flat and fast on the DN-1000 as those BA monitors, but the upper part of the frequency spectrum isn't very different.     Hmm.. the Audeze headphones don't...
 I don't know what qualifies an on/over-ear headphone for workout but I like the HD25 with EDM, personally. It's got a mildly v-shaped sig that works well. Other all-around good headphones with a bass emphasis should work fine, too - I generally like all of the ones you've listed. 
   Out of these definitely SE215 for performance. M6 is good and works well for EDM but as Shawn71 said treble is not that subdued. Might be a better value for workouts at $20 if you're going to abuse them, though. Replacment M6 is cheaper than a replacement Shure cable.  I don't know anything about gaming with IEMs so I'm probably not the right person to ask. Not sure how IEMs will help your goal of interacting with others - a good IEM will isolate more outside noise than...
 I would try to find thicker cable guides... the thin ones with pressure points put extra strain on the cable. The pair that I got with my MEElec A161P works pretty well - I think these are them: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Over_the_Ear_Cable_Guides_p/ep-cableguide-bk.htm
 Yeah, what ozkan said. You won't find anything closer to the RE-600 than the RE-600, especially at that price point, and they can be worn cable-up with a bit of effort. If you want a native over-the-ear IEM, I guess you could try finding a TDK BA200. Beyond that, you start diverging into alternatives with slightly warmer/smoother signatures (e.g. Sony MDR-7550, StageDiver SD-2, maybe even Custom Art Music One), and those with slightly brighter signatures like your...
Speaking of bassy, NHT SuperBuds review has been added. The most up-to-date IEM ranking can be found here. 
 In two words, "less bassy" . Review coming soon. 
 No, in my mind to be called a direct upgrade over something else an earphone should have the same/pretty similar sound signature.
 The Sennheisers have been around a lot longer and there was much, much less competition when they were introduced, so they had time to build up a huge following. They're a warmer, smoother sort of earphone versus the brighter, livelier DN-1000s. The Senns are fine if you need a major brand, but they don't really offer anything over a cheaper RHA MA750i or Yamaha EPH-100 in terms of sound, and aren't very similar to the DN-1000.   The MA750 is warmer, bassier, and smoother...