Posts by ljokerl

It's a little different from my ~5-year old GR07 mkI but I can't say it's worse. Compared them here: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-gr07-classic-plus-warning/ . For $99 it's great if you like the VSonic sound. The VSonic VSD3S is great as well considering it's only $45 or so: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-vsd3s-ostry-kc06-havi-b3-pro/ . The Ostry KC06 mentioned there has great sound and mediocre isolation as well.   Sent it to...
 With the SE525 you're sacrificing a lot of bass - compared to an EPH-100 it's almost flat. Good earphone overall, just a radically different sound sig.  Not sure how the XBA-A3 compares to the XBA-H3 - maybe there's a comparison out there somewhere. I do think the H3 is a good earphone so assuming the A3 is better and not worse it should be good as well. 
It's not unusual for companies to have region-specific products but in this particular case it's all the good stuff that seems to be Japan-exclusive 
 Yeah I guess it wouldn't be a big issue for many if they are clearly labeled as such. Something to do on Facebook for major holidays I guess :P  Shouldn't take that long. My estimate is 2 weeks.   Unfortunately I don't have them and I don't think they're coming from InnerFidelity, either. Audio-Technica really doesn't market these models outside of Japan. 
 I wouldn't mind giving some of them away on facebook or whatnot but that requires time I don't really have, plus I have some reservations about giving away "pre-owned" earphones (which all of mine are). Most sets I have are just set aside for future comparisons.   Lost somewhere back in the 2000s . 
    That's a tough one... with its particular signature (deep bass, warm tone, minor midrange recession, and fairly smooth up top) AND better all-around performance there's nothing I can think of except some customs - the Westone ES5 and Heir 8.A come to mind - and even those tend to have a little less bass overall. If you're okay with taking a cut somewhere - for example in bass quantity - and not expect an all-around upgrade there are other options. The Sony XBA-H3, for...
 Probably counterfeit  RHA MA750 may be an option. Also since you're in the UK, the Rock Jaw Alfa Genus - with Silver filters it sounds a like like the Brainwavz S1 I recommended, but it also gives you two other sound options (the gold filters give a nice balanced sound... the black ones I'm not a fan of). 
 If you like the consonance, which was somewhat v-shaped sound, I think the Brainwavz S1 would be a good replacement, or a VSonic VSD3S if you can give up a little bass and go with a brighter, clearer sound (that's still punchy). Beyond that probably depends on budget. JVC FXT90 maybe? 
 No, I haven't.  I don't think it's necessarily better but I didn't compare them due to pretty different signatures. The M-80 is definitely warmer and bassier, with a more lush and full-bodied sound. The Matrix seemed to me fairly neutral (it was a loan and went back, I think Tyll @ InnerFidelity has it now). If it had more treble, it could pass for "analytical" but as is it's just smooth and neutral-ish. 
Added the LEAR LUF-4F, LUF-4B, and LUF-4C quad-driver custom-made universal IEMs.