Posts by ljokerl

Sounds like how I'd describe the FX750. Also wouldn't recommend it in this case.   Good call, totally forgot about these.
I'll be getting some of the ones that were requested most over the summer out of the way soon.  Can't really think of a perfect match of what you want out of the sets I have tried (no experience with the FX850 or Heaven VI). Sounds like a Brainwavz R3 or Sony MDR-7550 with the bass boosted closer to MH1C level. It seems most sets that have MH1C-quantity bass don't share its smoothness and vice versa. . 
 I like detachable cables in general, but keep in mind that the market for replacement cables hasn't fully developed yet so there's not a whole lot of options for reasonably-priced replacements (this may change a year or two down the line, though). If you get the SE215 and have to buy a $40 replacement cable every year it'll be a while before it becomes worth it compared to buying, say, a $60 fixed-cable earphone every year instead.  However, a lot of the great-sounding...
 I really doubt you want an earphone as flat as the HF5 for hip-hop and EDM. Haven't tried the X7i but the SE215 is a good pick if you need powerful but not overbearing bass and good build quality. Keep in mind the 3-button iPhone cable will cost you extra. 
Fingers crossed for a chance to try the M100 at some point.  Neither, really - isolation is below average on both. I guess if pressed I would pick the E10 but if I were looking for a budget headset with mic and decent isolation I'd go for a T-Peos D200R or Rich200 (the latter of which has a signature not very different from the TX2).
 Right, especially considering that the EPH-100 didn't exactly get bad reviews. Seems like it might be a case of a parallel development rather than a direct replacement. 
 Yep... I want that. Any word on price?   Had too google what it is, so no, unfortunately. 
 Different price range and not as smooth as the MH1C, but overall the EPH-100 should work. It doesn't have the treble boost of the FXT90. 
 Hard to say whether ignorance or malice are to blame, but with the mislabeled boxes it's just too easy for consumers to pay more than they need to.    The KC06 is not at all v-shaped, it might actually be the opposite. Mids are pretty forward, although the treble is not lacking in presence either. It's not harsh, but if you're treble-sensitive I would probably avoid it, and would definitely avoid the Heaven II, which is a little less smooth, and most v-shaped earphones (v...
 I've had the KC06 for a week or two but have been busy with other things, like the GR07 Classic. I like the midrange of the KC06 - there's a bump there that reminds me of the Fidue A63. It's not as warm as the Fidue and brighter/less smooth at the top, but the general mid-forwardness is there. Midrange presence is great and vocals are very clear and extremely intelligible. There's also plenty of sparkle. So far I'm not impressed with the bass, which is decent but lacks...