Posts by ljokerl

Probably not in terms of price - I would think they'd provide 50% off at most.  Hope you like the RE-400 and I would be curious if you get on well with the EPH-100 - it's a pretty different sound.   The reason I recommended the GR01 over the VC1000 is that it's smoother and a little warmer in tone.  The HF2 is flatter through the upper midrange than the VC1000 which IMO gives it slightly better clarity but it also sounds more "thin". The VC1000 has a bit more full-bodied...
 That's good to hear. Thick is better than extra bits sticking into the side of your ear.   The HiFiMan RE-400 might be all you need. It has smooth but pretty well-extended treble, not lack of midrange presence and punchy, some bass roll-off but not really worse than the SE530. It doesn't have a particularly wide soundstage but like you said, can't really have everything. The VSonic GR07 does a little better in bass depth and has a wider soundstage but its treble might...
 That sounds good, IIRC you do quite like the ER4. It looks like Noble kept the housings fairly small, too, which is a big plus with these types of universalized customs. 
 Great to hear . Sounds like the acrylic version is as capable as the silicone one, which is good to hear. It's still pricy, but hopefully money well spent! P.S. would really be curious if the universal version is equally capable :p.
 As far as I know what you're looking for doesn't exist. More bass than the Coppers is not very common among higher-end earphones to start with, but cable-down earphones with detachable cables are even rarer (there's like 5 I can think of, and none fit your other requirements). As far as I know your options are: Yamaha EPH-100 - excellent bass and lightweight form factor but no detachable cable, and no mic/remoteRHA MA750i - similar bass quantity to the Coppers and not too...
 Unfortunately "nail" tends to mean different things to different people. For me a neutral IEM is best for classical so I would go for an Ety ER4S. If you like a warmer sound there are other options, like the StageDiver SD-2, but I think the ER4S is great.  The Ink'd I reviewed was manufactured in 2008. They added L/R markings later. I should note that in the review one of these days. 
 I really couldn't find fault with the V6-Stage beyond the very mild sibilance I encountered on some tracks. For the price it's as good an earphone as I've heard. The V3 is too bassy for me personally and the Music One, good as it is, still has some limitations in bass and treble (which the dual-BA Music Two may remedy). 
 Thank you :) I think now that the cable connectors no longer fail (at least as far as I know), the Shure IEMs should be plenty reliable. However, I would caution against using a BA earphone at the gym - from what I've been told armatures are less resistant to moisture than dynamic drivers. In the case of hearing aids (which, granted, are meant to last many years) there are even special dryers you can buy to dry them out at night to prolong their lifespan. Long story...
 Don't have one and Shure wasn't amenable to sending one out.  If the SE535s are uncomfortable for you because they (especially the cable connectors) rest against the outer ear, like they are for me, then the Etys will indeed be a better fit. They sound best with a deeper seal than the Shures, though. Sound-wise they are very transparent - like Francisk I find the to be more accurate and prefer their greater treble energy to that of the Shures.
 The ER4S is review number 2A1. I think the Etys are more accurate overall than the SE535 but whether they are “better” will depend on your needs and wants. They differ in both sound signature and form factor by a fair amount.