Posts by ljokerl

Missed this before. I use an Azio BTD-V400 USB transmitter (CSR chipset, aptX-enabled). Lately I've also been using a Creative W1, which is similar in performance but a hell of a lot easier to use.  I can relate to the "unnatural" partwhen it comes to the XBA-4 but it would be a good start to figure out whether you thought the XBA-4 sounded to small because it's the XBA-4, or because you're so used to larger headphones and speakers that IEMs won't do it for you. Some...
 7550 has the same isolation as the MDR-EX600/EX1000 reviewed in this thread. It doesn't really leak sound, but it lets a good amount of external noise in. It's actually similar to the EX1000 in performance, too, but with a warmer, smoother, slightly less clear and detailed but arguably more tonally natural sound. I don't think they sound very intimate (in the sense that they are pretty spacious) but the mids are not recessed and other than that they fit your requirements...
 Due to some of the tuning solutions implemented in the IE800 I think it may have more variance in the treble region for listeners than most IEMs. I personally found it a little thin and splashy. The K3003 is not exactly a hallmark of smoothness what with the TWFK driver and all, but it's not splashy or tizzy (and you also have the three tuning ports, which affect treble most strongly, to play with). Soundstaging is a close call. I would probably still give the nod to the...
If anyone wants a chance at a free NarMoo R1M, we're giving some away: http://theheadphonelist.com/the-great-narmoo-r1m-giveaway/ . Sadly the R1M is not a K3003, but still a fun variable-tuning earphone. 
 Hmm... good question. The Noble 4S and UM Miracle are slightly different takes on neutral sound than the SD-2. The SD-2 tends to be a little darker than neutral to my ear, in part due to that forgiving treble you're talking about. The Miracle leans a bit in the opposite direction. I still think it' quite smooth, but it's definitely brighter, to the point where I wouldn't call it forgiving. The 4S is more of a compromise between the Miracle and SD-2. It has a brighter...
 I think the wireless in-ear market is a very inviting one right now but it seems like there are a lot of challenges with the compact designs. I'm sure more and more companies will enter the market (heck, even RBH is going for a wireless in-ear) and more and more will deliver a decent product, but it might not be the first-gen effort. Still, more choices is always better as long as there's some way of sifting through the options. 
 Got it. In that case I'm not sure how much utility it carries... 
 Know exactly how you feel - I have the same thoughts every time I get to try the STAX SR-009 demo   Hmm... didn't realize this but do the nozzles actually pivot like the Audio-Technica CKX earphones? Those use a ball joint but it seems to be a similar concept:    I personally don't have any additional recommendations than what's already been discussed - the only new "top tier" universal on my horizon is the Sony XBA-Z5, but I haven't tried it yet. Everything I've been...
 Couple of solid options - for absolute sound quality your best bet may be the Sony MH1C. The cable is a pain in the neck but the sound is quite special - warm, smooth, punchy, yet spacious and not real veiled. Fidue A63 is another I'd consider - not as much bass (especially deep bass) as the MH1C but it's still tonally warm and has a more mid/vocal-centric sound with a pretty good soundstage. Another one in the same vein but a little more balanced and not as punchy or...