Posts by ljokerl

Hard to say for sure but I'd give the nod to the MA750.  I've only heard the DTX160iE at a show briefly, but my current pick for EDM is definitely the EPH-100.   I would pick the Philips as well. They don't have the soundstage of the Monoprices but the signature will work better for EDM.
 Not any better. As you would expect, the heavier bass is not ideal for that. If you want resolution, the DN-1000 is a better choice.   No plans at this time. Don't have the FX700 anymore, anyway - it was a loan   To be fair to the Flux, it is much less gaudy than most other flat-cabled earphones out there - the cable is fairly thin and flat black in color. I do think the VSD1 is a better option for you, though. VSonic all but made their older budget earphones obsolete...
 Nope... I haven't gotten around to reviewing Braniwavz' 2 previous releases yet. They're sitting on  a shelf somewhere. I really like the sound of the R3, just hard to wear it properly.  I'll just judge for myself. I do expect that the VSD3 and VSD3S will sound similar with very minor details setting them apart.  The GR02 BE has more bass than the E10. The GR99 is discontinued as far as I know and both the GR02 and GR99 are hard to recommend over VSonic's newer VSD1/VSD1S...
 Yeah, that's a very nice price even without the sound tuning. The ability to add extra bass is just icing on the cake.  Supposed to be on its way. Not sure when it will get to me but I'm excited to hear it.
 The BA200 was just too good to skip over . It's a real shame that TDK is dropping all of their higher-end earphones.
An interactive version of this review thread has been created here. It adds the ability to filter reviews by numerical criteria, as well as sort and search functionality. It also features the most up-to-date pricing and value scores and automatically hides discontinued products (makes the table much more manageable).
Added a review of the NarMoo R1M 
 I appreciate the offer but I don't think I can take on any additional reviews at this point and a discontinued item would indeed have a low priority. 
 Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try the Minerva single-drivers. I don't know if this is helpful but I did find the Pro in silicone to be a good upgrade from the Custom Art Music One - maybe someone has compared those with the single-driver Minervas. I wouldn't say the duals have particularly high bass quantity, but they're not lacking in bass.  There's a list below the table on the front page. It's not complete, but it's a good start  . I also have two on loan...
 That's an unfortunate experience, but I every new earphone heard is a step towards discovering what you can and can't tolerate  A good question about the A161P - what comes to mind are the "Heaven"-series earphones I've heard from Final Audio Design - Heaven A, Heaven C, Heaven S. The newer Heaven II seems promising as well but I haven't spent enough time with it yet to be sure.  Don't know if there are any other single-BA earphones on the market using the Knowles ED...