or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

Thanks, seen that site before. I think what they do is run my review through an automated translator to another language and then back to English. This changes the wording and grammar to some lower form of the language, but it preserves the gist of it (and apparently the SEO potential). It's also not technically a copy of my content but rather a paraphrase, which makes copyright more hazy. They make money off people stumbling on the site via search and clicking the Amazon...
^ That's more thorough than I could be 
 Warm tone, good bass extension, punchy but not overbearing low end. Mids are a little dry, but otherwise good. Top end has a bit of tizz (a-la HD25) but otherwise is smooth and extended. Good soundstage for a warmer-sounding on-ear, too. Oh and very nice construction. M50 is still better IMO, but the CL has been down to like $60 which the M50 hasn't. Plus the CL is truly portable. 
 I think there's a bunch of stuff missing but I don't have those two. I did write up reviews for a couple of others but just haven't found the time to proof and post them. Nothing too interesting, just stuff that came across my desk - UE 4000, Harman CL, etc. 
 Not having tried the Fidelio X1 and not hating any of the sets you hated, I'm not sure I can be of any help. I'm trying to think of smooth/non-bright earphones that have enhanced sub-bass but not mid-bass and I'm coming up short. EarSonics SM64 is probably the closest, but it's not exactly a bass monster.  Never liked the XBA-3 but the DN-2000 is excellent for what it is, minus the size/weight.   DN-2000 is a little v/u-shaped, probably not a great fit for you. Minus the...
 Wish it was that easy but I don't have either earphone nor spare time. I stopped updating the review queue on the front page of this thread because I don't think anyone really looks at it, but there are so many new and interesting earphones on the market every week that it's impossible to keep up.
 It's a little too v-shaped IMO. Makes even the DUNU DN-1000 sound balanced in comparison. 
Thanks, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!  Added a review of the variable-tuning Rock Jaw Alfa Genus while I'm at it.   
 If you were satisfied with the bass of the Xcape they should all be fine except maybe the Havi. The MH1C and SE215 have more bass than the Flux and VSonics, if you're worried about that.
 Haven't tried the FX850 but the A83 and SM64 are both solid options.The A83 is a lot more efficient but you shouldn't have any problems driving either (unless you want ear-splitting volumes straight out of your iPhone, which the SM64 won't do).