Posts by ljokerl

I would pick the RE-600, especially if it's still on the $199 special.
 Enjoy!  No, I'm not familiar with these.  Interesting dilemma that eliminates most of the things I normally recommend. The Flux doesn't have the durability you want; the VSonic units are not smooth enough; and so on. If you can increase your budget slightly, the Fidue A63 Ap616 recommended can be a good option though I have some reservations about its fit as far as giving it as a gift goes (the housings have some sharp edges). Isolation is about average but not bad. Here...
 I would go for the BE - it's a small different between them but I'm quite sure you'll like the BE better between the two. Never tried the E17 - my experience with the Fiio line "tops out" with the E7.  The EPH-100 would be my second choice but the Wooduo has a leaner, more crisp sound that I think is a better match for the vPulse. If you can get both, by all means do! EPH-100 is fantastic for genres like hip-hop, EDM, top40, etc, but for rock & metal I'd rather use the...
 HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 would be a good one. It's "only" $100-ish but has what is probably the most deep bass among all the IEMs I've tried. Build quality is not amazing by any means but there's nothing that sounds quite like it if you like sub-bass-oriented sound signatures like that of the vPulse. 
 They just lack extension - the E30 improves on that and has smoother treble. But if you're used to the more mid-focused sound of the Monoprice now, you might find that lacking with the Soundmagics. For the price and with balanced sound they're still one of the better options, though.  Even the GR07 BE is not as bassy as a Piston, especially a Piston with added bass. It's a great earphone, just that "bass edition" is a bit of a misnomer except when compared to the regular...
 I am not sure the E30 is an upgrade from the Monoprice in performance so much as it is a slightly different take on a balanced sound. However, it does have a nicer form factor and you'll likely enjoy using it a whole lot more.  I haven't tried the universal Noble 4 myself. I did try the 6 but it has a very different sound signature that won't work for you.
 Otojoy is the official distributor AFAIK: http://otojoyiem.com  Not sure about their marketing, though. "Fits almost perfectly into any ear" sounds like a negative to me .  Custom Art Pro330v2 comes to mind at the mid-range end of things. At the higher end, Noble 4S and maybe the UM Miracle as well.   Lots of options depending on the sort of sound tuning you're after. The champ for isolation is the Etymotic Research MC5 (also comes in some headset versions if you need a...
 The FX850 the way james444 described it (below) . Otherwise, not sure. Maybe the Dunu DN-1000 if you don't mind moving slightly in a more v-shaped, less smooth direction, or the Sony XBA-H3 for a smoother and more refined (but arguably less clear compared to the Dunu) sound.    Good stuff, FX850 sounds like a winner.  Curious which one that'll be.  Interesting requirements. Not sure I have the solution for you but as a fellow HiFiMan/Etymotic fan I can help you narrow the...
 Nothing comes to mind as a perfect fit but some are close. Some universal options are the Fidue A83, StageDiver SD-2, UE900, TDK BA200, and Shure SE535. The A83 has the right bass balance but I feel like you'll miss some of the clarity of the RE-600's forward mids with its more v-shaped sig. The SD-2, UE900, BA200, and SE535 are flatter and don't really have a mid-bass hump in the way the Westones do. However, I did prefer their bass to the HiFiMan sets individually and...
 Unfortunately I've only tried the JH13 between those three (wish I had the others ). I can't recommend it enough, but I also can't provide a comparison against the JH16 or K10.  VC1000, definitely.  A cross in which way(s)? I.e. what are your desired traits from each?