Posts by ljokerl

Know exactly how you feel - I have the same thoughts every time I get to try the STAX SR-009 demo   Hmm... didn't realize this but do the nozzles actually pivot like the Audio-Technica CKX earphones? Those use a ball joint but it seems to be a similar concept:    I personally don't have any additional recommendations than what's already been discussed - the only new "top tier" universal on my horizon is the Sony XBA-Z5, but I haven't tried it yet. Everything I've been...
 Couple of solid options - for absolute sound quality your best bet may be the Sony MH1C. The cable is a pain in the neck but the sound is quite special - warm, smooth, punchy, yet spacious and not real veiled. Fidue A63 is another I'd consider - not as much bass (especially deep bass) as the MH1C but it's still tonally warm and has a more mid/vocal-centric sound with a pretty good soundstage. Another one in the same vein but a little more balanced and not as punchy or...
 You dismissed the K3003 right away as a poor value, and I can't really argue with that because it's $1300, but at the same time I don't think the IQ or IE800 really have the soundstage you're looking for. Even the K3003 doesn't really have as wide a presentation as an EX1000, so I am thinking with value for money factored in there might be better options. For instance, I thought that Dunu's hybrid answer to the K3003, the DN-2000, was actually a bit more spacious and it's...
 Never heard of that CIEM manufacturer. Don't think they are known outside of Romania.  Thinking that if you're sticking to universals, the Sony MDR-EX1000 (assuming you can find one) may be a better option for a brighter, wider sound. It's certainly a better match for that type of sig than the IE 800 or IQ.
Posted impressions of the 1964EARS ADEL A12: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-1964ears-1964-adel-a12/ . Very promising so far, quite possibly a new benchmark. Edit: whoa, 10,000th post.   I don't know if the IE80 is really an upgrade from the MA750 more so than just a different flavor of similarly enhanced-bass sound. The DN-1000 that suman134 recommended may well be a better option in the same price range, especially if you don't mind a brighter sound.  A little...
 I don't know if I would get the FX700 for "accuracy". It's just not that balanced. VC1000 and e-Q5 are good options though. 3.9 - 4.2 ft is about the standard for IEM cables unless you get something with a detachable cord in which case you can find a  longer replacement cord. Custom IEM manufacturers generally stock both 48 and 64-inch variants.   Very different earphones. If you want accuracy and balance, the UE900 is a sizable upgrade with much flatter and more accurate...
 Lol. Ain't that the truth.  I will review these. They're quite promising although so far I've only compared them to the much more expensive A83 and liked those better 
If you can find a cost-effective way to recable them in your area, by all means I think you should do so. I haven't tried the CKR9 so I can't say there's anything in the price range that can do what the GR07 BE does equally well (or better).   Very cool - thanks for sharing! What I'm more surprised by is how similar the look is to the Munitio Bullet earphones. I guess I never thought about what an actual casing would look like if turned into an IEM, but it looks like...
So many questions already answered   Can't comment on the other two but don't get the CKX5iS. It has a very typical "Audio Technica mid-range earphone" sound with strong bass and edgy treble. Not a very refined sound and not a good match for the RE-400.  The 750i is one of the better ones already. For a more balanced/analytical-sounding compliment/contrast, Etymotic HF2/HF3 or Rockit R-50M would be good options, as suman said.  Depends on what you're looking for, they're...
No separate thread yet, but posted a brief round-up of the Bluetooth wireless sets I've tried so far here: http://theheadphonelist.com/wireless-audio-11-bluetooth-headphones-iems-compared/