Posts by ljokerl

To be honest I didn't even know there were other versions. I've only tried the original H-100  I use the single-flange tips from the MEElec M6. They're similar to the Philips tips in terms of sizing but they give me a better seal. The M6 double-flanges also work pretty well - I would suggest trying both if you can.   Not loaded... just very long. It's much easier if you tell me what type of sound you're after in more detail than have me compare and contrast five different...
 They're not "real" Complys as far as I can tell. However, my Comply T400s fit on them fine. T500s might fit as a well - don't have any right now to test. I prefer Comply tips to the stock Dunu foamies. The Audio-Technica heat-activated foam tips also fit very well but are expensive at about $3/pair. 
 Thanks, much appreciated   As discussed over the past few pages, it's very hard to find an earphone that is all around better than another (as long as the starting point is a good performer, of course) - there are almost always some potential compromises to be made. The VSD1S, for example, is more sibilance-prone than the SHE3580, even though I still consider it an upgrade overall - better clarity, tighter bass, wider soundstage, etc. The AM-800 is substantially brighter...
I'd be happy to try them, if only to A:B with the newer version and see where they fall in the grand scheme of things for SQ. 
 Since they are so similar in SQ, no more than a 9.1 or 9.2. 
 I haven't tried the V6 but the V6-Stage would do it. The sibilance is very minor - it's really not any less forgiving than the B2/DBA-02 (with silicone tips, not Comply). I was comparing it to sets like the Miracle, JH13, etc. in the review. It already has a little more bass impact than the B2 - if the V6 is any bassier than that, might be too much of a step away from the accurate sound of the B2.  I'm not a fan of the DN-900 - too muffled in the midrange. The H-100 has a...
 I should clarify that by no compromises I mean not even potential ones. For example, the 1964EARS V6-Stage is one of my favorite custom monitors with almost no notable weaknesses. However, its tuning is less bassy than that of the TDK BA200, so it might seem like the bass quantity is a compromise in comparison. It also has slightly more peaky treble - again, some people might even like that better, but compared to the BA200 it can be perceived as being a little less...
 I didn't mean the sound signature either - I meant the character of the mids specifically. If you're looking for something that sounds more like a dynamic driver or SM3, the JH13 isn't it.
 There's quite a few differences between the mids of the TF10 and those of the SM3, but the JH13 sounds more similar to the former than the latter to my ears. They were tuned by the same person, after all . If you want thick and lush mids, the JH13 just isn't it. 
 Thank you for you support (and TDK BA200 )   That darn CKX5iS is still in the way (queue).   That or they didn't find the sales of the current lineup (prior to the clearances) to meet expectations and gave up on the higher-end in-ear market. Hopefully that's not the case.  Honestly, nothing comes to mind in terms of an upgrade from the BA200 in every area of consequence with no absolutely concessions in the sub-$700 range. See, for example, the comparison to the Sony...