or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

Updated my IEM Buyer's Guide by sound signature here: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/   New additions for 2015 include the DUNU DN-2000, Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear, Ostry KC06, and VSonic VSD3S. The older VSonic VSD1S has been removed.
 No experience with the XBA-A3.  My Custom Art Music One review is on the 1st page of this thread. It's a very good earphone for the money.   I had an RSM at one point. Sent it back for a refit and never got it back. Oh well. As for aftermarket cables, I personally am not a fan. I know some people tout night and day differences between different cables but that has not been my experience.   Yep, hopefully later this month. They're really bass-heavy (and also just generally...
 I generally prefer the Piston but it depends on what you're after. For warmer sound with heavier bass the Piston2 is a much better match but for more neutral sound with not as much bass depth/punch or warmth, the E10 is better.  That or you're not getting a very good seal with them, which tends to increase perceived treble presence in that range. There are a few earphones that are bass-heavy but significantly more smooth than the MA750. These are the ones that come to...
 I actually never, ever saw one of these again. Always thought that was kind of strange...
 Not at this time.  Have it, hate the size. Hurts my ears after 30 mins or so. Don't think I can be fair evaluating the sound of it for that reason so I haven't used it much. Philips O'Neill Tread   Hmm... maybe EarSonics SM3 or even SM2? Although the TG334 does not sound like what you were asking for previously - it doesn't exactly have treble sparkle - the opposite, actually. 
 If durability is very important and you want to stick with a bass-heavy sound, maybe the RHA MA350? Not the best or most accurate-sounding set, but it hits those two requirements very well.  I've always thought the 1964EARS 1964-V3 was a good upgrade from those JVCs  
 Tried the IM50 briefly and thought it was quite good, but no plans to get a pair in for full review at this time.  Never tried it. Surprised I didn't notice it at CES but I guess it looks like a regular M6.
 ATH-CK100 is the closest I can think of but they don't make that anymore. Other than that - beats me..
 I believe it was the original SM64 but I'm not sure at this point - it's been quite a while. The SE535 is a respectable earphone with very nice mids, it just never really blew me away. Also, if you found the UM3X too flat (especially in the bass region) the SE535 really won't do it for you.  No experience with the FX850. The last JVC FX-series set I tried (FX700) was a little more v-shaped and less forgiving than the XBA-H3 and SM64, and didn't have the bass quality of...
 No, no chance of sleeping in them - not on your side, at least.   Thanks! It does sound like the SM64 is your best option. Can't fault the bass on it and the mids are very good aside from a slight upper mid dip (the opposite of a KC06 in that respect). Also, the top end is not flat in the sense of an SD-2 or even HiFiMan RE272, but it's refined and not harsh. There aren't many warmer-sounding IEMs with outright flat treble. My other recommendation would be the Sony XBA-H3...