Posts by ljokerl

If you can find a cost-effective way to recable them in your area, by all means I think you should do so. I haven't tried the CKR9 so I can't say there's anything in the price range that can do what the GR07 BE does equally well (or better).   Very cool - thanks for sharing! What I'm more surprised by is how similar the look is to the Munitio Bullet earphones. I guess I never thought about what an actual casing would look like if turned into an IEM, but it looks like...
So many questions already answered   Can't comment on the other two but don't get the CKX5iS. It has a very typical "Audio Technica mid-range earphone" sound with strong bass and edgy treble. Not a very refined sound and not a good match for the RE-400.  The 750i is one of the better ones already. For a more balanced/analytical-sounding compliment/contrast, Etymotic HF2/HF3 or Rockit R-50M would be good options, as suman said.  Depends on what you're looking for, they're...
No separate thread yet, but posted a brief round-up of the Bluetooth wireless sets I've tried so far here: http://theheadphonelist.com/wireless-audio-11-bluetooth-headphones-iems-compared/
 There's a little more to impedance than just the manufacturer-supplied value. Two IEMs can be listed at 16 ohms, but one might have a flat impedance curve that has no (or minimal) impedance interactions with sources, whereas the other might have a roller coaster of a curve that results in very odd behavior with some sources. Anyway, I've got to be honest, $35-50 is not a huge budget  for a long-term IEM investment that's also an upgrade to one of the best budget earphones...
 Wow, lucky one of my other threads got bumped and I noticed that this one did too. Normally Head-Fi doesn't send me notifications from old threads, for whatever reason.  The 5401 still stands in my mind as a pretty unique-sounding headphone. With IEMs you have some options for this type of sound but headphones tend to be more conservative and less varied in sound signature - at least the ones I've tried. The closest thing that comes to mind potentially is the...
 Only the Revo, but I thought it was too bassy for its own good. I've tested about a dozen BT sets in total so far, which is a pretty small number, but I'll be posting my findings in a concise format pretty soon.
 Hmm... didn't see this post before. I don't own a Runaway myself - just borrowed it when I reviewed the Sony SBH80 and got some brief impressions. I wasn't as impressed with its sound as with that of the Matrix2 - it's decent but somewhat unexciting. Best thing about the Runaway is how lightweight and comfy it is. Probably why it gets better reviews.  The CAL! and Matrix2 sound very different - the CAL! is pretty warm and bassy, with smooth treble. The Matrix is more...
 Agreed. Totally different form factor too.   I figured the cheaper overseas prices is what might make them more compelling. There are better options here in the US as well. Narmoo S1 is about $32 on Amazon.  Similar bass profile, less mids, more treble for a brighter and more v-shaped sound overall. 
 I'd try the Narmoo S1 if you like your hip-hop bass-heavy.
Added new IEM review - Tekfusion Twinwoofers