Posts by ljokerl

Right, with the tubby housings of the Pistons I was just happy to find a single-flange that was both comfortable/secure and not terribly boomy. 
 Sigh... if only there was enough time to check out all the headphones. There's many more I'd personally want to add... ATH-M50X, Momentum, couple of Sony's new sets. Even some of the less expensive sets I tried at CES this year seemed very promising. Just never got a chance to re-visit them. 
Ah, right. The ADL unit is mostly matte black with some of that textured plastic sort of like you get on the Klipsch Image One, so I can see the resemblance. Not sure why the images I uploaded to Head-Fi got compressed so badly. The original images here look better.
 Not the most illustrative photo, to be honest, but sounds like it should be a great pairing with the ADL H118. If you like bass, that is 
 Doesn't seem to be limiting the number of higher-end options hitting the market, so that's fine by me. I see myself recommending the Pistons quite often though, especially as the PM I receive most often these days is "Recommend me a ($25/$30/$40/$50) earphone for EDM with lots of bass and crystal clear treble... bro"  Nope, sorry. 
Added the ADL H118. 
 All true for the mids and bass, but still so very far ahead of average among sub-$50 IEMs (except maybe the bass bloat)  When writing the review that was pretty much my line of thinking - if only the sub-$25 MH1C supply on ebay hadn't run out, I would have been less impressed with the Pistons. I still prefer the MH1C, personally, but I think the Piston has more of a "wow" factor for the average listener. BTW, the DN-2000 comparison was actually prompted by someone sending...
 I'd rather do the Momentum since it's so popular, but who knows. And yes, definitely too much fun sometimes... 
 Haven't had a chance to try them, unfortunately. I've been meaning to add a couple of other sets, though - will do so soon. 
 Hard to say for sure but I'd give the nod to the MA750.  I've only heard the DTX160iE at a show briefly, but my current pick for EDM is definitely the EPH-100.   I would pick the Philips as well. They don't have the soundstage of the Monoprices but the signature will work better for EDM.