Posts by ljokerl

Great sound doesn't mean much if it's not the sound signature you are looking for. Preference definitely trumps performance at this level. ZapX629 is right - out of those, the GR07 BE is the only one that can be suitable for a bass fan, and even that barely trumps the GR06 when it comes to bass quantity. The EPH-100 is a different story - it's a great earphone for bass - very extended and powerful, but not lacking in other areas. I really like them for EDM and it seems...
Yes, that's right. I was just using X10s as the plural of X10. 
 I am not aware of BA200 counterfeits. TDK doesn't make them anymore which makes them tough to find anywhere near $120.  TDK BA200, HiFiMan RE-400, Ortofon e-Q5 should all be good. The e-Q5 is a bit brighter than the other two but still nice and smooth, with very clean mids.   The DN-2000 covers the soundstage and smoother treble, but sounds a little thinner and less bassy as well. The Sony XBA-H3 is even smoother, more full-bodied, and can be very comfortable despite its...
 Yep, that's the one! Haven't played around with it too much (no IEMs on there) but it's a cool concept for sure. I think this works best when using a reference-flat/neutral in-ear like an Ety HF5 or something. The more "colored" your headphone, the more everything is going to sound the same.  I do plan to review the VSD3S - should have some impressions of that, the Havi B3 Pro1, and the Ostry KC06 posted in a couple of weeks. 
 Not a huge difference between them but the JH13 wins out mostly in treble quality and overall presentation/soundstaging. The V6-Stage has similar clarity but tends to have a little less bass impact and less forward mids. It is a little more sibilant as well. The JH13Pro has more prominent mids and more bass impact. Tonally it sounds slightly warmer than the V6 and is more rich and full-bodied overall, with a slightly more convincing and dynamic presentation. Its treble is...
 GR07 is a little less strong in the midrange than the ones I listed and has a bit more bass. Doesn't sound like what you're after if your priority is on mids and highs. BA200 would be a better option.
 I would go for the Pistons but I haven't tried the KZ. The Piston is a little on the bassy side but not as much as the JVC FX101. The 3590 is awesome if you are worried about bass bloat and want a little less bass, but IMO the Piston is tolerable for the price in that regard as well.  Sure, my picks would be TDK BA200, HiFiMan RE-400, Etymotic HF5, and VSonic VC1000. I arranged them from warmest to brightest but they're all quite neutral on the whole.
 With longevity and isolation factored in the Etymotic HF5 takes it. Great earphones.
 The Piston 2 and Earpods are very different in sound, just as your 8320s and Pistons are different. The Earpods are a lot more similar to the Monoprices. The Pistons have lots more bass (both mid-bass and deep bass), much warmer tone, and more recessed/less forward mids. Earpods have a little too much in the way of upper midrange and the soundstage lacks a bit of depth. I would rate Earpods a little below the Monoprice 8320 if they were included in my IEM review.  The...
 Piston2 has the gold housings and the big vent in the back.