or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

Rockets are the most mid-focused, with extended but not very emphasized bass and very smooth treble. The DN-2000 is the opposite - mids are a bit laid-back while the bass is boosted progressively as you go down into the sub-bass region and the highs are relatively bright for an overall V/U-shaped sound.  The P1 is something I've only listened to a little bit so far but it seems to be somewhere in the middle - theres a small bump in the bass but not nearly as much sub-bass...
  Yep, that's the one! Almost forgot Nakamichi makes headphones   Much appreciated!
Bit off an off-topic, but does anyone recognize this logo? Someone asked what these are on facebook and it's been bugging me. Looks so very familiar.    Love me some FLC8, would be amazing to have something with at least somewhat comparable capability to recommend at $200.
 This is very true, and I think it's because they have no real drawbacks. The bass is not missing, the mids are not recessed, the highs are smooth. Build quality is great, comfort is great, isolation is great, etc, etc. If more IEMs were like that, things would be so much easier - I wouldn't have to include 2-3 different caveats with every recommendation.   Music One is still pretty killer value. Doesn't really give you more bass than the PFE but otherwise it's a great...
Yeah, the ER6i was one of my first proper IEMs, too. I bought those and the Shure E4 in the same week. Ended up keeping the Etys... Also, added a new review for the Pump Audio Earphones - very impressive basshead IEMs for $50. As always, the most up-to-date version of the rating table can be found here. 

I tend to prefer a more v-shaped sound, which means S1 over the RE300h. Not sure it's the exact one I'd pick, though - coming from the Piston 3 it'll sound quite bassy and not all that clear. Great if you've been looking for more impact compared to your Piston 3, but it might be a little disappointing on the fidelity front.  Weirdly, I was only sent a W10 and W40 which are not really improved over the preceding models. I've heard good things about the W30, though - perhaps...
 The Aurisonics Rockets were the first set I thought of as well. It's definitely more smooth than sparkly, but it's very forgiving as a result and clarity is excellent. If you prefer to err on the side of brighter treble, I think the ACS T15 would be my pick. A little less forgiving, but overall leaner and flatter than the Rockets by a small margin.  Yes, it's coming.
Added a review of the JVC XX Elation HA-FR100X As always, the most up-to-date IEM ranking can be found here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/ 
That seems like a good compromise. I really hope to spend some time with the P1 soon.  Sure looks solid. Interesting, the way they describe their "resonator" and its effect on treble sounds an awful lot like the way MEE describes the P1's "diffuser". Similar solutions?  The IM02 doesn't really have more bass than the W10. Its low end extension/depth is a little better but in terms of actual impact/punch it's about equal to a W10. Even something like a Philips Fidelio S2 or...