or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

Ultimately it depends on the exact sound signature one is after - for some listeners the Momentum In-Ear can surpass the other two. For me it does not - I think the relative scores say as much: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/
 The Shures are probably the weakest link here, their dry and somewhat more mid-forward sound with rolled-off treble is less similar to the Sennheisers. The EPH-100 is a warmer, bassier MA750 alternative as someone mentioned above. I think the two are about on-par, but the MA750 is again more akin to your current headphones.  Since these IEMs aren't too far apart from each other, if you have the option to try all three (wouldn't bother with the SE215 in this case) that...
   Replied at http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/xiaomi-piston-3-in-ear-earphones-review/#comment-129677  I'd go MA750 personally, Momentum as a close second. The Momentum In-Ear is tuned more like the HD25 than the Momentum Over-Ear, being more v-shaped and less smooth. The MA750 is more of a mix of the two, and just really quite good overall.
 I reviewed the Rockets for InnerFidelity here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/lovely-ride-aurisonics-rocket  It'll be a little while before I can re-post the review elsewhere. I like a lot though. 
 Honestly, you may want to bite the bullet on sound quality and just get the Fidue A31s. Dirt cheap, tiny, and have a mic. One of the most comfortable IEMs I have, especially if you spend another $15 to throw some foam tips on them. Or a Xiaomi Piston 3 - it's not nearly as small but it's quite ergonomic and doesn't sit very deep in the ear. Lower isolation, too. There's a slightly larger alternative to these in the Philips TX1 or TX2 as well. I believe both have...
 There are much more updated versions of these lists in sortable format here for the portable headphones and here for the IEMs.  Never tried these, somehow.
 Depends on which direction you want to go with your vocals. If you just want something a little more forward and energetic, then a DUNU Titan 1 could be sufficient. If you want much smoother sound, something like an Aurisonics Rockets would be great. And so on...
 Rockets are the most mid-focused, with extended but not very emphasized bass and very smooth treble. The DN-2000 is the opposite - mids are a bit laid-back while the bass is boosted progressively as you go down into the sub-bass region and the highs are relatively bright for an overall V/U-shaped sound.  The P1 is something I've only listened to a little bit so far but it seems to be somewhere in the middle - theres a small bump in the bass but not nearly as much sub-bass...
  Yep, that's the one! Almost forgot Nakamichi makes headphones   Much appreciated!
Bit off an off-topic, but does anyone recognize this logo? Someone asked what these are on facebook and it's been bugging me. Looks so very familiar.    Love me some FLC8, would be amazing to have something with at least somewhat comparable capability to recommend at $200.