or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

The Aurisonics Rockets were the first set I thought of as well. It's definitely more smooth than sparkly, but it's very forgiving as a result and clarity is excellent. If you prefer to err on the side of brighter treble, I think the ACS T15 would be my pick. A little less forgiving, but overall leaner and flatter than the Rockets by a small margin.  Yes, it's coming.
Added a review of the JVC XX Elation HA-FR100X As always, the most up-to-date IEM ranking can be found here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/ 
That seems like a good compromise. I really hope to spend some time with the P1 soon.  Sure looks solid. Interesting, the way they describe their "resonator" and its effect on treble sounds an awful lot like the way MEE describes the P1's "diffuser". Similar solutions?  The IM02 doesn't really have more bass than the W10. Its low end extension/depth is a little better but in terms of actual impact/punch it's about equal to a W10. Even something like a Philips Fidelio S2 or...
 Some of those sets you're considering are discontinued and will be very difficult to find. And the rest mostly have a flat/balanced sound sig, which your Atrios and FXT90s do not. At $200 for dynamic sound you might as well look into the DUNU DN-1000. It's got a closer balance to the FXT90 and while the soundstage isn't huge, it's a solid triple-driver hybrid earphone for the price and quite difficult to beat for a moderately enhanced-bass, v-shaped sound. There are other...
 It's hard to say how any particular IEM will do in the washer... I doubt it's a design criteria for manufacturers, especially those focused on the Head-Fi/audiophile market. There's a handful of water-resistant IEMs out there that would probably be more durable in this regard than average (e.g. the Mee M6 and Audio-Technica CKX5), and many more "regular" IEMs that may or may not outlast a VSD1S. I'm partial to the Xiaomi Piston 2 as an inexpensive, bass-boosted...
 Rockets build quality is really on another level compared even to something like an HF5. Some of the old-school TWFK earphones (e.g. mainly the Audio-Technica CK10 and maybe the NOCS NS800 or the new q-JAYS) are the only small BAs I'd put on the same level for build quality, but those never sound as smooth as the Rockets.  The RHA T20i and Noble 4 (the only ones on your list I've tried) aren't very similar to the X11i, so it's hard to call either a step up. The X11i has...
 About the same. V-Modas tend to be a little more aggressive and forward-sounding though, so if you compare them directly they might seem a touch bassier.
Thanks, everyone!  You can get a Creative Aurvana Live! 2 for about $100 as well. Fits your requirements and is more comfortable (but less durable) than the V-Moda. Sounds better in my opinion. Not sure how it compares to the Urbanite XL.
 Thanks! I have an A73, just need to spend more time with it. Fidue is really hitting a nice stride with their <$150 IEMs recently.  I was never able to find a direct EPH-100 upgrade in that price range. Sony XBA-H3 is the closest I can think of, and that rarely drops below $250 (and also comes with some usability caveats thanks to its form factor vs the EPH-100). 
There's also an alternative way to navigate the front page of this thread: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/ developed because it was getting too unwieldy.  They've become my sole travel IEM - very small footprint in my luggage, very high isolation (stock tips or Comply T200s), durable build, and a generally smooth and pleasant sound well-suited for all sorts of use. Plus the sensitivity is low enough that they work decently well with in-flight multimedia...