Posts by ljokerl

Added the Nuforce NE-600X to the IEM Buyer's guide in the Basshead/sub-$50 section, in place of the more expensive RHA MA350: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/ 
 Maybe on the one hand the Westone would have been safer - it has an upper midrange dip - but overall I do think the SD-2 sounds more natural in that range.  The AM-800 is still a good earphone but I limit myself to only recommending three earphones per category and it got pushed out by the VSonic VSD1S, which I felt was better overall. Slightly different sound signatures, though - the VSD1S is warmer and had more bass impact while the AM-800 is brighter and a little more...
 I have the W40 now but it sounds pretty much the same as the W4. Still have the SD-2 as well. I use the W40 more because it's my main phone headset, but I like the sound of the SD-2 a little better. IMO the SD-2 is more balanced overall. The W40 has a bit of a bass hump and a darker sound overall. It's a little more impactful but the SD-2 has tighter, more level bass and is clearer. Mids (esp. upper mids) are more forward on the SD-2 and the upper mid/treble area is a...
Yeah, there's lots of sets with more bass than the AM-800 and high sensitivity. The Piston2 is certainly one of them. The Nuforce NE-600X is another, even bassier option and something I prefer to the JVC FX earphones.
 You'll be surprised by how small it is   Yes, pretty much.
 Great sound doesn't mean much if it's not the sound signature you are looking for. Preference definitely trumps performance at this level. ZapX629 is right - out of those, the GR07 BE is the only one that can be suitable for a bass fan, and even that barely trumps the GR06 when it comes to bass quantity. The EPH-100 is a different story - it's a great earphone for bass - very extended and powerful, but not lacking in other areas. I really like them for EDM and it seems...
Yes, that's right. I was just using X10s as the plural of X10. 
 I am not aware of BA200 counterfeits. TDK doesn't make them anymore which makes them tough to find anywhere near $120.  TDK BA200, HiFiMan RE-400, Ortofon e-Q5 should all be good. The e-Q5 is a bit brighter than the other two but still nice and smooth, with very clean mids.   The DN-2000 covers the soundstage and smoother treble, but sounds a little thinner and less bassy as well. The Sony XBA-H3 is even smoother, more full-bodied, and can be very comfortable despite its...
 Yep, that's the one! Haven't played around with it too much (no IEMs on there) but it's a cool concept for sure. I think this works best when using a reference-flat/neutral in-ear like an Ety HF5 or something. The more "colored" your headphone, the more everything is going to sound the same.  I do plan to review the VSD3S - should have some impressions of that, the Havi B3 Pro1, and the Ostry KC06 posted in a couple of weeks. 
 Not a huge difference between them but the JH13 wins out mostly in treble quality and overall presentation/soundstaging. The V6-Stage has similar clarity but tends to have a little less bass impact and less forward mids. It is a little more sibilant as well. The JH13Pro has more prominent mids and more bass impact. Tonally it sounds slightly warmer than the V6 and is more rich and full-bodied overall, with a slightly more convincing and dynamic presentation. Its treble is...