Posts by ljokerl

I didn't get a major improvement with different tips on the JVC but I didn't try every tip out there. This would be a good question to ask in the FXD60/70/80 discussion thread .  Yes, one button works my iPod touch, same as a basic 1-button remote. Forgot to clarify in the review - thanks.
Added the Xiaomi Piston 2. Also posted a review of the HiFiMan HE-560 headphones here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-review/hifiman-560-review-new-benchmark/  
Not exactly portable, but posted a review of the HiFiMan HE-560 headphones here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-review/hifiman-560-review-new-benchmark/ 
 Maybe someone who owns one can chime in here. I don't have one.   MH1Cs are a warm-sounding earphone. 
 I didn't know there even was an IM60...  I'm used to the MH1C being $30-60. Sounds like you're just getting a good deal.  There was a store that allowed you to "sample" different headphones in the same way online but it was mostly full-size cans and for the life of me I can't remember the name. Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about. 
 I think the Sony MH1C is your best bet for warmer sound that's natural. It may not be as clear as the FRDs but it's got the right tonal character. And yes, Accudio is the app I was thinking of.
 The Heaven II is a lot flatter/more accurate/more analytical than the FXT90. It doesn't have the bass quantity of a GR07 and generally reminds me more of the B2 or R-50 than a GR07 or BA200.   Enjoy! 
 Keep in mind that I've only tried the HD668B which, as threi said, has less bass than the K518. If the 681 differs significantly from the HD668B at the low end, maybe it's not as drastic a difference from the K518 as you're expecting. 
 I don't know what you mean by Sony-ish sound - Sony has a lot of headphones spanning different sound signatures. The Altone200 would be too much of a change from the RE0 IMO - just too v-shaped and bright. It's got a big sound, just not sure it's the signature you are looking for.   Compared to the GR07 and Fidelio S2 the BA200 does focus on more on the mids. About the same as the RE-400, but the bass is a little deeper on the TDKs. 
 Sure, if you like bass heavy cans. I like the AKGs quite a bit but I have to add a word of caution - if you're one of the many people who don't find on-ear cans very comfortable, try these before you buy because they clamp pretty hard.