or Connect

Posts by ljokerl

Sounds good to me - I have heard how detailed BA bass can sound when it's properly extended without the mid-bass hump of the JH13s (Hidition NT 6, for example) and it's glorious.   Totally agree. Also, Audio-Technica still doesn't give us that much of the good stuff ever since they pulled the CK10, CK90Pro, and CK100 off the US market way back when.  Armatures rarely have even phase response. Typically you want a high-impedance dynamic driver for something like this. Say,...
  Haven't tried it but that page says improved deep bass and not much else. The old HT-21 I had was pretty average in terms of bass extension so that wouldn't be a bad thing at all. 
 Is that an Earwerkz model? I never found time to try the Legend R, which I regret. If this is a new one I will make time for it. 
 Yeah, these were just recommended a page or two back. As a big fan of JVC microdriver IEMs, I'll keep an eye out for them. 
 The Titan 1 is competitive with the DN-2000 keeping in mind the tuning differences. I know I wouldn't rank the Titan below the Philips Fidelio S1, which puts it at an 8.9/10 or higher. There's a lot of other stuff on this (high) performance tier that I'm playing around with right now - the Audio-Technica IM02, Aurisonics Rockets, potentially the RHA T20 and LIFE in-ear, and some others. Need more time and A:Bs to get all of them straight in my head.
 I don't feel these IEMs have the same sound signature based on my listening so far and I can't say one is better than the other in all cases. The DN-2000 has a v/u-shaped sound signature with bass emphasis that increases towards the sub-bass region (it definitely has more sub bass than the Titan 1, and I feel like it usually has more bass overall) and more recessed mids. The Titan 1 is maybe a tiny bit v-shaped but I struggle to think of it as mid-recessed because there's...
 4 pin meaning balanced, but with a 3.5mm connector? The only ones I have like that are some HiFiMan sets. Connectors aside, there's a ton of good IEMs in every price range. Ultimately it depends on what you're looking for in terms of sound tuning, design, and features. Sometimes a particular set of requirements will have many IEMs that could be a good fit. Other times I'll struggle to think of even one (like this question from yesterday). I have some of my favorites in...
 Sorry, I don't have many fabric-corded earphones, and most of the ones I do have don't sound very good. Case in point, the only earphone in my current queue with fabric cords is the House of Marley Smile Jamaica, which won't be getting a full review. So the pickings are going to be very slim by the time you get around to even considering sound quality. The few I can think of that at the very least have enhanced bass and decent construction: RHA MA350 - Good overall value...
 In the absence of new TWFK IEMs on the market it's a good deal. I would only do it if you're very careful with your IEMs, though, since you'll have no warranty.  Yes, the X10/X11 (and Klipsch's "oval gel" tips) are perfect for small ear canals. 
 Right, that definitely agrees with my experience with the XX Elation compared to the old FR301, FX1X, FX101.  It's too bad all of the TWFKs from that generation seem to be gone - all of the DBA-02 clones, the VSonic VC1000, UE700, Phiaton PS200, etc etc. With that in mind the Etymotic ER4 would've been my recommendation as well. There's also the new q-jays, which still use a TWFK as far as I know and look really great. Unfortunately I haven't tried them and they are very...