Posts by ljokerl

One of the ~$30 T-Peos sets, maybe. The D200R would be the best option but it is hard to find. The Popular is $30 at mp4nation. Soundmagic sets are good too - both the E10 and E30.   No plans to try the 3.00 but I have reviewed the VSD3 here: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-vsd3s-ostry-kc06-havi-b3-pro/
 In the absence of specific sound sig requirements I would say a KC06 from Ostry would be a good one at ~$60. Very clear sound, bit of bass punch, good vocal intelligiblity and wide presentation. The NE-600X will give you lots of bass (great if you like bass-heavy earphones) but for $55 it's not really worth it. The M1 has a more mid-centric sig that's better-suited for music than other multimedia.   You don't have the option of changing tips or lengthening the cable above...
 $30 is not much of a budget and you haven't really laid out any sound quality requirements so I guess you can't really go wrong with the SHE3590. It doesn't have flat or braided cables but for how inexpensive it is I don't think you can hold that against it.  You mean a ton of bass? There's plenty of IEMs that provide that - the Beats by Dre Tour 2.0, for example, or the JVC HA-FR301.  IMO the IE800 has noticeably more bass than the K3003 (which is not lacking in bass by...
 Not a lot of options with detachable cords in that price range... maybe Fidue A83? The Sony XBA-H3 drops below $300 also, though I don't know what the story is with detachable cables for that. For the Fidue any MMCX cable should work.   Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks per. 
 Diminishing returns and all that.. The DN-1000 is about the most difference you can get from the S1 with that sound signature so if that didn't sound significant enough, I doubt anything will. You can spend $60 on Brainwavz S1 or $100 on an S5 pr Rock Jaw Alfa Genus and get a smaller upgrade from the NarMoo, if that's more your budget, but they won't perform at the level of the DN-1000. 
 How much is a Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear? It's a V/U-shaped sig with good bass and treble, and a very decent value at $100 (US price).  Glad you like them! Haven't tried the Rockets but in that price range and for bass-heavy sound they're still among my favorites two years later.
 Sure, thanks!  Don't think I can be of my help here as I'm not at all familiar with the Alpha 1. Wasn't aware it existed until I googled it just now.
 The EX1000 is still better in that regard. In clarity and detail the 7550 is similar to the TDK BA200, which has a similar signature. The BA200 may even be a touch more resolving - can't remember right now.   With low fatigue as a factor definitely the 7550. It's a lot smoother.   Without specifics on what you want to see different from your GR07 and what you're willing to give up for it there really isn't one. When you get to that level straight upgrades in every way are...
 That violet color is a higher-priced limited edition, too.  Easier with the EX1000 because they're so similar. The 7550 is basically the EX-1000 minus some upper mid/treble presence. It's warmer and smoother while the EX1000 is brighter and carries more treble energy. The EX1000 has a bit more intelligibility and the presentation is more airy, but of course it's more prone to harshness as well.
 I've had all the bass I can handle with the FR301, Beats Tour 2.0, and RHA T10i  Speaking of JVC XX, there's a new one coming out this year, the XX Elation (couldn't find a more decent pic):