Posts by ljokerl

DN-1000 is brighter, clearer, more crisp, and more v-shaped overall. XBA-H3 is warmer, smoother, and thicker-sounding, It's more forgiving but still has very decent treble energy, just not as much as the Dunu, and sounds a hair more muffled overall.   I haven't heard the TTPOD. The CKM500 does roll off a little at the bottom end compared to something like the EPH-100 or RHA MA750.
 I wouldn't recommend the Music One if you like bassy earphones. If you can find it in your price range, the Yamaha EPH-100 would be my pick for Electronic music. Otherwise the MA750 is quite good. If you want to spend under $100, I'd recommend the Audio-Technica CKM500, Shure SE215 (for a smoother, more MH1-like sound), and even the Brainwavz S1.  Unfortunately I haven't tried the latest crop of Xears in-ears.  I prefer the GR07BE and EPH-100 to the MA750 but they're not...
In the sub-$150 bracket I would go GR07 Bass Edition for HD25 and EPH-100 for Momentum
 I would skip the MA750 if you're concerned primarily about mids - the FXT90 and EPH-100 both have more prominent and capable midranges. The MA750 has the least midrange prominence and the most veiling of the three.  The Piston and VSD1 have different sound signatures, yes. Performance-wise they're not too different so if you don't much care about tuning specifics and want to save a few bucks, the Pistons will work for you.   The HD25s and Momentums don't exactly have the...
 This was asked a day ago. I replied to this on the previous page.  The VSD1/S is not over the ear... I prefer it to the Piston but they have different signatures. Piston is significantly warmer and bassier.
 I don't have any experience with the VSD3S or Havi B3 so I really can't say. The Westone 4R does not have more bass than the VSD1S and not as much as your three current headphones. 
 The Piston2 is a little more mid-bassy but otherwise a good option. The VSD1/S are pretty different - less bass (esp deep bass) and brighter. I really like the 1S, though. Good choice if you don't mind moving away from the 3580 sound sig a bit (a W4R signature is also not very similar to the Philips, but closer to the Momentum).  The RHA is not as bright as VSonics but has more lower treble presence than the Philips. Bass is better (more deep bass, less mid-bass) compared...
 Yes, it can. The J3 pairs well with warmer IEMs like the StageDiver, too. 
 I didn't get a major improvement with different tips on the JVC but I didn't try every tip out there. This would be a good question to ask in the FXD60/70/80 discussion thread .  Yes, one button works my iPod touch, same as a basic 1-button remote. Forgot to clarify in the review - thanks.
Added the Xiaomi Piston 2. Also posted a review of the HiFiMan HE-560 headphones here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-review/hifiman-560-review-new-benchmark/