Posts by MacedonianHero

I think that it very much can make a difference. As well, I work in manufacturing electronics where product variability and cause/effect aren't so black and white (especially with sample sizes of 1 or 2). Confidence for me means how statistically significant is it (confidence interval, sigma level, CpK, etc...). We engineers think a little differently from most (my wife says that all the time to me, but for some reason I don't think she means it as a compliment ). Just...
For Sale: MINT Condition Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Headphones. These are the blue ones and are in MINT Condition! Includes: Everything that came with them: Headphones Headphone cable with iDevice control Carrying Case Original Box Original Bestbuy receipt I bought these about 2 or 3 months ago and they sound/work brilliantly. Price: $SOLD on canuckaudiomart.ca I am in Toronto, so local deals are always welcome.   Sorry, I am NOT interested in any trades. Please...
To be honest, compared to my current setup...night and day with the hd800s. The T1s stopped scaling up a few amps and DACs ago.
Most likely my standard as what constitutes as evidence (I am an engineer FWIW) is different than yours? As I mentioned, I just recently got a back up pair of ear pads (just received from Grado and they were identical). Plus several posters over the past few months have also chimed in that they were the same too. But as I also mentioned, Grado is a moving target too.So which is it? I haven't the faintest clue. I'll shoot them an email in the morning to see if they can...
If it can't "move your emotion", that's cool, but emotion is a very personal thing...the TH-900s move mine just fine.  
Especially if they were Head-fiers...10 Head-fiers usually generates about a dozen opinions. 
 Yep...source is quite important...with my AK100II, Resonance Labs Herus or my main rig (a bit overkill: Metrum Hex - GS-X Mk2), the Z7s sound quite wonderful!
 Really? My $ is that Sennheiser will take their time and release one when they feel it's ready and not based on what other companies do. I've had my HD800s since 2010 and they are still selling very well (32000 serial numbers and counting) and the HD800s still are among the best headphones out there. Creating a successor to them won't be a simple task as they have to surpass some of the already excellent HD800s.  Many thought they would be announced at CES and instead we...
   That's because the HD800s are a head above the T1s in terms of details with a source/dac/amp that is up to the task IMO. My initial setup (PS Audio DLIII - MAD Ear+HD) the difference wasn't so night and day. But as my setup improved, the gap widened to the point were there is quite a large difference now that is easily and instantly noticeable. The only headphones I have that are better are the SR-009s.
 Nice! The other bonus of the QC25s is that you can use them to simply tune out the airplane and just sit back in your cone of silence and relax (with or without music playing).