Posts by MacedonianHero

So tonight I switched over the on-ears. It was a bit hard as the over-ears were just that hard to put aside. Construction wise, they are a bit more refined, the ear cups (these are the ivory ones) are a bit more slick looking with a very nice gold accent. Sound-wise, they are more of a refinement over the previous version; whereas I would say the over-ears are more of a solid renovation.   The one thing again that I really appreciate here is how they now fold up (as the...
 Yep...a new over-ear and on-ear versions have been released. There are also bluetooth versions. I've got a pair of over and on-ears that I'll be adding here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-23-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around/2850#post_11294438
 Actually the new over-ear Momentums are no longer "semi on-ears", they are real circumaural headphones! The comfort is quite a bit better and the sound has opened up with better extension up top. I really admire the QC25s (I happen to own them FWIW), but unless you need the NC, I'd seriously look into the new Momentums (SQ, they are the better headphone).
 I think they are pretty much better all around. They also sound wider and deeper...the older ones were a bit closed in sounding. 
 Sad news...RIP Joe...what a wonderful legacy he's left behind!
Well tonight is my second night with the over-ears. This time I'm using the Resonessence Labs Concero HP with them and my very initial impressions have continued to be solidified. Simply outstanding headphones. Beautiful construction, more open sound, treble is more present (thankfully) over the originals and the comfort and portability have all been improved upon.   I'm listening to Diana Krall's new album (Wallflower) and the over-ears can definitely do justice to...
Just a quick heads up that both new versions of the Momentums have arrived (over-ear and on-ear...both wired)! I have started on the over-ear headphones and first off; as amazing the construction was of the original Momentums, Sennheiser has really kicked it up a notch. I love the foldability that they now have and they are quite a bit more portable too as a result. As well the over ears are truly full sized over-ears now and incredibly comfortable (and even fold down to...
 I do prefer both the LCD-X and 3F over the XC. I think the XCs are wonderful closed headphones and among the best I've heard. But if you don't need a pair of closed headphones, I'd go with the 3F. Just my 2 cents...
 Simple solution...get both.  The differences between the LCD-X and 3F are not large IMO. While the LCD-X sound a bit more open and airy, the LCD-3F sound quite romantic and very enticing with their lovely mids. Again, note big differences. So it depends what sound signature you prefer?
 I kinda wish I had held on to my RS1 vintage.