or Connect

Posts by MacedonianHero

Yep...mine's a few years old and they are all there!  They've always been there. The MK1 however was only SE or dual 3pin XLR (owned that one in the past).
The GS-X Mk2 has both dual 3 pin XLRs and a 4 pin XLR. You're covered. 
Well my SINE review is in for Final Editing. Once its up, I'll update my listing.   Hint: The king is dead...long live the king. 
 What you don't agree with me? How dare you?..............No worries....that's life. We cool.  
Congrats on your Pavane...I was so thoroughly impressed with the Hex and I can only imagine how things have improved with this DAC.
 Congrats! You will be very impressed with this amp paired with your TT!
 While I haven't heard the PS1000s balanced, I have heard the RS1s balanced (a friend's pair) and several other low impedance and high efficiency headphones. The differences (if any) were pretty small and not worth the recabling. Headphones like say the LCD-4, HE1000, HD800/HD800S, or T1 (Gen 1 or 2) are worth it IME.
 That Pavane and GS-X Mk2 would be brilliant.  Just on tubes...depends on the amp. Not all are warm sounding. Depending on the design, I've often heard the opposite of the notion that tube amps are warmer than ss. Like most things in life...it depends.  
 Still have my AK240SS and still love it!
 Certainly my impressions (and by far most GS-X owners...and Tyll's measurements) would go against those few ones for sure. Some folks are used to boomy bass and shaved off treble and along comes an amp that is ruler flat, is super tight with no extra added bloom and it might throw them somewhat (especially at a meet with a Sabre based DAC). If you go back over older posts from some seasoned veterans, the respect for both the GS-1 and GS-X is very high! I've had mine now...