or Connect

Posts by MacedonianHero

And they arrived today! Thanks again to the good folks at Oppo for this audition. I'm putting them through their paces tonight....very impressive. Very balanced and clean sounding headphones with no frequency range standing out more than it should. I'll proceed to burn them in and get to know them better and then update my thoughts on my first post on this thread. But so far, things are quite promising!
 No problem. For the $, the MAD Ear+HD is quite the amp, no doubt to my ears and has a lot of special magic with Grados (but we already new that).
 I used to pair the MAD Ear+HD with the HD800s (when I owned the amp) and tonality wise it was a good match for the HD800s...really good actually. But it wasn't the last word in terms of performance or transparency with the HD800s (as they could scale well beyond the amp IMO).
Just received my loaner pair today and I'm putting them through their paces....very impressive. Very balanced and clean sounding headphones with no frequency range standing out more than it should. I'll proceed to burn them in and get to know them better and then update my thoughts on my comparative thread. But so far, things are quite promising!
 Thanks...they are very good headphones and very comfortable too.  In other news, looks like the PM-3s will be here around mid-week. Looking forward to finally giving them a try!
 Cool...thanks man for the feedback. if the MHP1000s are even more open than the AKT5ps, that's pretty impressive for a closed headphone!
 While I think the TH-900s are a better overall headphone, the mids (and treble) are better on the Z7s to my ears.
 ^ I agree with this.  Pretty much sums up my experiences too.
 Very interesting...that's what I've been calling the AKT5p's (also made by beyer). Wonder how they both compare?