or Connect

Posts by MacedonianHero

What amp/DAC/source are you using? Just curious.
 I've been an Apple guy since my dad bought me an Apple IIc.  (I know...I'm old). But as you said, the SINE are especially alluring with the Lightning Cipher cable through my iPhone 6 or iPad Pro.  The HD800/HD800S is several leagues ahead of all the headphones in this listing with regards to sound quality (that said, on the right upstream rig built around them). As great as many of these headphones are (and boy are they), the HD800S, HE1000, LCD-4, SR-009, etc... just are...
Agreed completely. In a side by side as much as I liked the Bifrost, the Mojo just seemed to pull the music out a bit more realistically and squeezed a bit more details from the recording. While small, the Mojo is one little impressive unit. Using it right now with my HE Edition X and just love what I'm hearing. Works very well for a small setup for the H800S as well, packs quite the punch!
 Thanks for the kind feedback.  With regards to the HD800s, they would score pretty low on "portability".  Just a bit too different to really say. As with the PM-1s (also a bit on the largish side), I really only have limited experiences with them to really say too much. Cheers!
The Mojo is a fantastic DAC...one of the best I've used under $700 and I do prefer it to the Bifrost (either version) FWIW.
I think he wanted to use the Mojo as the DAC.
 The P7s are very rich sounding with a slight "U", the SINE are more natural sounding and in the end just more transparent to my ears.
 Just my 2 cents after owning these headphones for 4+ years. 
FWIW, I owned the HD800 for about 5 years and now own the HD800S and love both...I do prefer the HD800S by a reasonable margin. That said, my SR-009s (had for about 4 years) are head above shoulders better to my ears. As revealing and transparent as my HD800S's are, the SR-009s have me still hearing things on recordings that the Sennheisers would completely gloss over. The HD800S are my favourite dynamic moving coil headphones bar none (obviously excluding orthos like the...
 Speaking of mids, the P7s are a bit withdrawn...thankfully the SINE's have wonderfully rich and detailed mids.