Posts by MacedonianHero

The HeadAmp KGSS is very nice and clean with great control of the SR009s (never got to hear mine with my SR-007Mk1s as I got them after I sold of the KGSS). The KGSSHV (mine is the 450V 1968SA version with the current increased to 9mA), the bass is better controlled and the imaging is a bit wider. The KGSSHV is the natural progression of the KGSS with improvements across the board. Now both are extremely clean sounding with great detail, just that the HV version does...
For the LCD-3s being your endgame, I'd go with the WA6SE as Ross mentioned. 
Actually the 10RNC is very comfortable...basically a QC15 clone in terms of fit/comfort/form factor. Both are actually very comfortable. The advantage with a single AAA battery is you won't have to wait 2 hours for them to charge (or if you're not near a power source). Just keep a few spare batteries in the carrying case and you're good to go. 
Good points Ross. 
For the "tubey" sound, the WA2, but here's the problem...with your HD-700s, I'd recommend the WA2 BUT for your LCD-3s, I'd go with the WA6LE. 
 Thanks man. 
Let' us know what you think! BTW, we've lived here for 13 years and my wife has NEVER mowed the lawn. 
 I don't think it's done...thus Bose's last second ditch effort. It was supposed to be completed by year's end. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm fairly familiar with the Beats Executive and QC15s, you can read my thoughts on them here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-19-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around The Executives from last year had a horrible hiss that killed them right off the bat. Luckily, I've heard a few pair this year and I can...
I think so. The difference isn't huge in total $. Funny, I preferred Audirvana+ over Amarra HiFi, but the 3.0 just took it over the top for me. Plus, for Amarra HiFi owners, there was a discount available...so it was basically the same price.
 My take is a little more skeptical...basically Dr. Dre and Iovine have a lot of $$$ riding on the Apple sale and Bose knows this. So they're throwing this at them at this particular time to get a settlement. Bose likely has zero plans on taking this to court. Beats wants this to go away to allow the acquisition to continue normally. Basically a kind of patent-infringement blackmail. They're trying to get a cut of the billions that Apple is going to pay, nothing more,...