Posts by moophus

Yay! I finished my Bantam DAC. http://chows.smugmug.com/photos/523778121_avDHg-S.jpg I got a good scare soldering the SMD PCM2702 chip. The culprit was simply a bridge between two pins that I didn't catch. On it's maiden power up, the LED lit and the USB device drivers properly loaded but...drumroll...no audio. Upon running my finger over the circuit board, I found the 4.7v regulator was scorching hot! As the dreaded disappointment of failure settled in, I gave the...
I tried my D1001's and it just gets by...meaning you'll get ample volume but you can't turn it up and play any thing loudly. Pair it with a cheap Fiio and it'll work.
I finished my bantam today and have been listening to it for the past 3 hours. if you don't HAVE to have optical/spdif options, it's the way to fly. Cheap and great sound. I tried to drive my KSC75's with it directly and by half volume it wasn't able to handle. It really can't push anything...then I plugged in my Mini^3 and it began to sing.
Thanks Trav for getting this together. Being new to this whole scene I was planning to stay about an hour and ended spending 3 and half there, only to leave because of hunger. It was great meeting all of you and of course getting to experience all the different equipment everyone brought.
My posts keep getting the "needs to be moderated" because of the number of pictures so I will post some with fewer...and multiple posts. so the original posts may pop up later one the moderator approves....there will be duplicates.
Thanks Trav for getting this together. Being new to this whole scene I was planning to stay about an hour and ended spending 3 and half there, only to leave because of hunger. It was great meeting all of you and of course getting to experience all the different equipment everyone brought.
Thanks Trav for arranging this meet! Here some shots I took. I hope this isn't too much traffic for you dial uppers but hey, it is 2009. My GPRS phone is faster than that.
the photos are deceiving. in real life, the headphone-out is obviously off...but hey...this thing really isn't for my eyes. My ears are happy.