Posts by moophus

Head Flexpoint Prestige Mid (93 sq in) Silent Partner E. Stringer
YGPM
I love these things! I Built four of these bad boys; 2 for my friends and one for myself. This is the extra one. Black enclosure. High performance version. Includes 250mah NiMh 9v battery. $100 with battery, power supply and shipping inclusive. Get ready to rock your portable world. willing to ship to locations outside of the US at additional costs.
yup, it works fine for me.
Our ears in essence are surprisingly sensitive instruments. Sometimes even the temperature difference when wearing headphones can cause irritation
anyone order one? I'm eager to see how they fare.
I just dremeled it....very slowly with a small bit and carefully enlarging and rounding it out until things fit. it was time consuming. I sure wish I had a drill press. The sound out of these things rock. I'd describe it as clean and transparent...faithfully reproducing the source. I have the Fiio E5, don't laugh, and the mini makes it sound bad. still haven't made any decisions on labelling and as Juaquin mentioned, I'm leaning towards minimalism for now.
just FYI, I finished my build today and posted a small blurb on my blog. HERE thanks AMB labs for a fun project and an awesome product!
Finished the γ1 today. Sorry, no pics yet. I still need to drill out the faceplates. The build is to the T from AMB's BOM and is the full setup. Although difficulty wise it isn't much different than the mini^3 with a few more SMD parts, it did have many more components which makes it a bit more complex of a build. After staring at the parts list and the pile of bags in front of me, groping for a way to do this with the fewest mistakes, I ended up labeling every bag...
The other day my brother came in town to pay me a visit. I've been telling him about my recent head-fi fascination. Being a tech head himself (he's well known on candlepowerforums.com as 4sevens) he was eager to hear what I've been up to. I subjected him to my DIYmod ipod > mini^3 > D10001. Quite entertained with what he was hearing I proceeded to switch out the Denon's for the Koss. Guess what his response was when I asked him which he preferred? The...