or Connect

Posts by moophus

same here. In fact, connected to my work laptop (dell e5430) I walked to the other side of my office without issues, like 100ft away!
photo courtesy of https://www.facebook.com/SoundBlasterE5/photos/pcb.901273176591848/901272853258547/   Looks like the left headphone jack is less distance from the headphone amp chip. Probably the better choice even though one probably couldn't distinguish the difference.   I guess while I'm at it, I'll post the other two photos from facebook, just for convenience.
- London England UK - HD600, MDR-R1, AHD1001 / SE530, TripleFis, X1, IE800 (TDK) - Odac, O2amp, Gamma1, Mini^3, SoundBlasterE5, SansaClip, iPhone5s, Nexus 7 2013, iPod 4g, (bypass mod), squeezebox, PC work, MAC home - None and would love to try one! - no formal reviews, just various posts in threads - difficult given my work hours, so no
I guess it's just me
Sorry to hijack the ongoing conversation but since we have DigitalRonyn's attention in this thread, please explain the microphone profiles shown in the e5 control app!
I'm still curious to know what the microphone profiles are. Creative?
    wow. brownie points to Creative! I'd say it's a massive move on their part for a huge corporation. I was just assuming there weren't going to be updates and to just live with the quirks.  I'm glad I'm wrong!
I have an odac+o2 as well as the e5 and use my HD600 on both. Can't hear a difference between the two honestly. It's more about convenience with the e5 really (multiple inputs at once, PC + Phone)   I take my e5 back and forth from the office and the other day I left it at home and my o2 ran out of batteries (don't have it on AC) so I was forced to use my onboard realtek. It was horrendous.
Thought I might share.   I love the ease of insertion of earbuds and their semi environment-aware noise blocking, especially in the office.  When the apple earpods came out was eager to like them but I found myself reaching more often for my old-old e808s that came with sony portable minidisc players back when some of you weren't even born.   These oldies are so cheap on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-MDR-E808-Headphone-Earphone-Free-pouch-/261748049173 - £2.99...