Posts by Zorander

Quote: Originally Posted by beamthegreat Get a Mac, people!!! No
Try updating your drivers too. I had a similar problem on my previous system. It kept crashing for no apparent reason even when utterly idle. Memtest gave a clean bill of health to the RAMs and temperatures were at a cool 30C idle and 55C load. I upgraded to the latest Catalyst driver and ran a Chkdsk scan on the Windows partition. Next thing I know the crash completely went away. Inexplicable but a good thing nonetheless. Cheers! Quote: Originally...
Also check your temperatures. If it's too high, check if there is dust build-up on your fans.
I always go for a length of 30-40cm (12-16in) for Y-splits.
Quote: Originally Posted by music_man qed cables, namely ic's. primarily available in the uk. i cannot find a negative review of any of their products anywhere! How many cable reviews are there that give negative scores anyway?
I have had my AGP-based, socket-939 system for ages and finally upgraded. This is what I have now: MB: ASUS P7P55 D-E CPU: Intel Core i7-860 HS: Prolimatech Megahalem (passive cooling) GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5850 RAM: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX PSU: Corsair HX620 HDD: Kingston SSDNow V+ 128GB & WD Caviar Green 1.5TB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit What I'm keeping from the old system: Case: Antec P180 Display: Dell 2709W Sound: E-Mu 1212M HIDs: Logitech wireless...
My vote goes to the Senn HD-600/-650. Can't go wrong with these indeed.
No problem. I am mainly curious about what difference to expect going from the old Solo to the current model (and Meier Concerto). Don't want to risk upgrading something I already like to something I may not like. Cheers!
Thanks for the reply, Miguel. Reading through this forum and Graham Slee's, there are mentions indeed about a comparatively anemic bass of the SRG to the SRGII. I'm curious if this issue applies only to the SRG as I certainly don't find the older Solo to be lacking in bass. In fact, I don't want any added bass as I think it would only bloat the sound. What about driving power? I use the insensitive K340 heavily so I want to make sure the newer Solo has at least the same...
Hi all, I am contemplating upgrading my GS Solo which I got in 2006. I can send it in for a factory upgrade to the SRGII (or wait a bit until the Ultra-Linear model is available). OTOH I am also intrigued by the Concerto (hoping it sounds nothing like the Headfive that I so hated and sold). I am really happy with my current Solo (have had it for 4 years now) but I'm also curious how much better (or different) the current Solo is and how it compares to its Meier...