Posts by syn_fx

Many thanks for taking the time to do this, and share it with the community. I was curious to try your curve for the M50s, but since I use foobar and Spotify, I wanted to find an eq solution that worked system wide (Spotify doesn't support vst's, and the third party eq's that I saw were pretty poor).    So after some searching, I stumbled upon Equalizer APO (http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/), which applies a virtually unlimited equalizer system-wide. The...
That's a very smart strategy. Good luck!
The component that will most change the quality of the sound is the headphones (providing it's sufficiently well powered). That is exactly where the majority of your money should be going, if you want the best possible sound for your money. Upgrading from a low-end DAC/AMP to a high end one in combination with a mid-fi headphone is going to give you significantly less difference than moving to a top end headphone with a budget dac/amp.   Buy the best headphone you...
Sold.
Sold.
I don't use cans any more, so I don't have a need for this amp. It is in absolutely pristine condition, has seen under 6 hours of use, and comes with box, power cable, USB connector, manual, and the amp itself.    Price is £50 exclusive of shipping, via Paypal (ebay), Paypal verified addresses in the UK only. You should have good forum feedback. No trades.   Check out my feedback from other items, and buy with confidence. If you need additional photos or have any...
I'm selling these for a friend who recently purchased them, but decided he likes cans more. These have had less than 10 hours of use and come with all the original parts: box, case, warranty/manuals, all the original tips, and the IEMs themselves. They are in absolutely pristine condition.   There was some concern in the SE215 appreciation thread that some batches exhibited a problem with the swivel connectors that made the signal intermittently cut out. I have...
Sold. 
First of all, never say never (killer samples exist in every codec - regardless of bitrate, all have flaws), but they are very rare, and thus highly unlikely to be encountered by the general public (in addition, you often need trained ears to hear things like pre-echo, an artifact typically associated with mp3).   Secondly, topics about DBT are not allowed in all but the sound science sub-forum, so I suggest that the the thread moves on. In fact this entire thread...
Sold