Posts by ClieOS

My guess is, K stands for the word "改", as in 'reversion'.
 Because conventionally, volume pot is implemented after the line-out of the DAC section and before the amp section, thus it will not 'see' the load directly and therefore has no influence on output impedance (*which is determined by the amp section). However, A&K's implementation might not be conventional. It could very well be a pot feeding an ADC, which then send the signal to the SoC to adjust the volume digitally (as I understand that's how AK100 is, don't know about...
 Yes, that's exactly what E10K is about.
 To amp: yes, a 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnecting cable is fine. To DAC: You need a normal coax cable and the coax adapter. Coax connection is for sending S/PDIF signal, which mean it is a digital signal and therefore wherever device that has a coax input must have some kind of DAC built-in. So it is not just an amp but an amp/DAC. My advise is, unless the receiver (*amp) you are using has a better DAC section than X5, which is unlikely, you should just use the 3.5mm cable...
Cheer, mate. All the best in your next job.
Sorry, no plan to review VSD3 / VSD3S for now.
 Price aside, I think both are really close competition. Each has its own thing that is better than the other yet there isn't any obvious advantage that will make you think one is crashing the other. They both share a slightly warmer and richer tone, where KC06A is sweeter, closer and more intimate, Altone200 is cleaner, more specious and layered. I'll say prefer Altone200 for now, but only by a hair. They are both highly mature in sound with very little fault to speak of,...
So Steve Jobs can control what his customer 'experience' and yet FiiO can't. Well, quite a long way to go for an argument that doesn't make any sense to me.   Anyway, why do I keep hearing people saying FiiO does NOT have replaceable battery? Almost every FiiO products since last year has a battery with socket that can be replaced as a whole without any soldering skill. They just prefer not to openly sell them to those who might or might not know what they are doing,...
 Same questions to you: why don't iPhone, iPod or iPad come with detachable battery, yet they are the most popular of gadgets in the world? Does Steve Jobs, arguable one of the most visionary person in the recent history of the personal electronics, totally narrow minded and not understandable? Are the uncountable number of people who buy into his idea of no-user-replaceable-battery all mindless zombies? You are right about one thing though, I'll rather not reply to...
 Because FiiO is neither setup to be a direct sale company nor is they a battery company. You make it sounds like they can just snap their finger and everything will work smoothly. But in reality this operation will involve a change in how the company conducts its business as well as putting in resources that can otherwise used for other things. Designing, OEM purchasing, inventory, logistic, sale and management will all be costing more money, without even consider the...