Posts by ClieOS

The safer way is to use an IC extraction tool (plenty on eBay), but you can wiggle it out as long as you do it slowly and don't bend the leg too much. Inserting the opamp in reverse almost always kill the chip instantly, so make sure the pin positions are correct. All the information you need is in the datasheet, so go to the manufacturer website and read it.
I have not listened to the Edifier enough to put them into the list. But I reckon you might like the Panasonic HJ329, which is as V-shaped as any earbud I have heard. There are still a few floating in Taobao, but there is no guarantee it will be genuine (though I don't think this particular model is hot in the counterfeiter's list either). If you can't find HJ329, then H185 isn't a bad second choice.
 Correction - it is Chinese. Kind of an rare earbud even in China.
Have the Edifier H180 / H185 / and H190 with me right now, plus HIFIKIWI 'Honey Buzzard' H1 and 'Lyrebird' H1.   All three Edifier actually sound quite decent to me, and H185 is definitely the highlight of them.   HIFIKIWI on the other hand is a relatively new brand from China, made by a Chinese office supply company. The interesting bit isn't about these H1's sound quality, but they are more like the "reproduction" model of the discontinued AKG K314P and Sennheiser...
 ...and I too think there are too many complaints in thread just for the sake of complaining, but to each of his/her own, I guess. I'll only point out that complaining about not getting things that are not promised in the first place doesn't make any sense to me. That's all. There are definitely cons in the E series, as you have pointed out, and I have pointed out some of them in the past as well. If Creative as a company really doesn't inspire any confidence for you, then...
 My recommendation is on thew first post. The only con about it is that the bass depth and texture isn't quite there, so it is only for those who value detail and soundstage much more than bass. E100 and PK3 are more for the mainstream listener. No, never actually heard of Musa SP1 before - a quick google seems to suggest it is an Indonesia brand...
 No, I am not good with math.
 You certainly has a very imaginative mind that reads the literally content out from a figure of speech
 I don't disagree with you. But the E series is really their first foray into the portable headphone user oriented market that isn't entirely about the gaming world. So the way I see it, they do make a few mistakes on the way, but not something other companies haven't made before. The important bit is that Creative is listening and willing to make change to its products on the fly to better suit what the user wants. Now if we were to look at, say Sony - it has similar...
 Don't really think there is any difference between the two version. Fit is not an problem on E100. It isn't a particularly tricky earbuds when it comes to fitting... and definitely worth the price. In fact, worth double the price, I'll say.