Posts by ClieOS

One of the point NwAvGuy (O2 designer) wanted to address with O2 is his nonsatisfaction with CMOY's basic design and performance in general. Saying an CMOY based design is 'O2 inspired' is kind of odd, to say the least. Not to say Mayflower doesn't have a good CMOY implementation at hand (*In fact, by the look of the PCB, it is quite solidly designed and built), but it really doesn't make any sense to relate their own CMOY to the O2. I can't imagine NwAvGuy will be happy...
 Around $1500. I briefly listened to PHA-3 on an audio show last year against iDSD micro. Can't really give you any fine detail but my general impression is that iDSD micro will be my pick between the two as far as SQ goes. PHA-3 is fine by its own, just doesn't carry any wow factor when sitting next to iDSD micro.
I have what I consider 'mid' sized outer ears, and I can only used the smallest ear guides / fins that come with Alpha 1. The mid and large sized fins are simply too big to fit me. Without the fins, I can't get a decent fit so the fin-less options don't work for me either. It is indeed not for people with small ears, and probably not for those who are not partial to earbuds (over IEM).   With a good fit, the overall tuning is actually closer to an IEM, as it doesn't have...
 You missed this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/702376/ifi-audio-mini-desktop-line-discussion-thread
You can compare some of the result to the official FiiO measurement. If anything, FiiO is known to publish fairly accurate data.
 'Standard' probably mean snail mail, which means it goes as fast as the how fast the postal services deliver and how fast the package clear custom, and it can be as fast a just over a week to 3~4 weeks long. There is no way to tell for sure.
 Go to 'Settings > Music Settings > Playback Range', and change to 'Selected Range'.
 You can find them on eBay. Search '9V 500mAh'. The battery is made by a Chinese company called HaoBa. They are fairly reputable in China. I have been using these for the last 3 years without any problem.
This is the one I used:     They are true 9V nominal NiMH (a bit over 10V fully charged). Most of the NiMH only runs up to 8.4V as they use seven 1.2V cells stacked together. Li-ion version is even lower, at only 7.4V nominal as they are two 3.7V stacked. These however use 6 x 1.5V cells, so it has a higher nominal voltage than the other.
 So? Even the current flavour of the month ES9018 was announced back in 2009, a good 6 years ago. The WM8740 in X3 was actually introduced way back in 2002, a year before CS4398. If anything, new audio chip adoption over the market is actually fairly slow. It is not like computer processor where you see full market adoption in less than a year. For example, Qualcomm introduced its 24/192 capable smartphone DAC WCD9320 back in 2012 and since it has been used by many...