Posts by ClieOS

As promised, here are 6 more music clips, about 1 minute each, for another round of comparison. They are produced using near identical condition as the previous 6 files. The difference is that these are live recording / orchestra work so hopefully they will offer higher dynamic range.   http://www.mediafire.com/download/928vsjzc0es1kp2/MusicComparison2.zip
 UD110 v1 is async. I believe they changed it to adaptive on UD110 v2.
 According to FiiO's spec, the low gain on E11K should be -3.8dB (*which is about 0.65x). My own measurement is -3.7dB, which pretty much confirms FiiO's number. For those who wonder, E11 low gain is about 6dB, IIRC. High gain for both are similar, around +12dB. They go for a negative gain on low gain setting this time probably just so to better accompany sensitive headphone and IEM, which don't really need any voltage gain but benefit more from higher current output as...
 Not just USB-OTG for audio, but whether it will support async mode or not, since UD120 will be running on async mode. If the built-in driver doesn't support async mode, there there won't make a sound (or it will, but with a lot of distortion).
 Oh, forgot I didn't bother to add E5 into the ranking as it was discontinued back then. It should be the same as E7.
 Well, maybe not $6~7, but how about $14.40? Seems reasonable with shipping included. For a full $20 price tag, I'll get a FiiO L2 / L8 instead since FiiO does use genuine Oyaide cable.
 My Z2 plays well with just about every USB DAC. The trick is USB Audio Play PRO (UAPP). The reason for shuttering of sound is due to the fact that HRT Microstreamer and FiiO X5 are both running in async mode where the native USB DAC driver in Android only runs in adaptive / no-async mode. That means Z2's Android requires the USB DAC to run along with the main clock used by the USB controller but microstreamer / X5 are designed to run on their own clock. Therefore...
 I won't pay too much stock in eBay price since the same cable is sold in China for about $6~$7. Oyaide is also a name that get throw around too often in Chinese cable. The authenticity is usually questionable even though they are not bad cable themselves, just that brand association makes for better marketing and everyone is doing it.
 7Vp-p gives you near 2.5Vrms, which is larger than a typical line level signal (2Vrms). In comparison, an older iPod is about 0.55Vrms in line-out. The new iDevice with Lightning-to-30pins adapter will give you a line-out of about 1Vrms. I assume you mean mW not mV - you don't calculate it from just voltage since you will also need to know the current output specific to a load impedance. However, some of those number are available at FiiO website, under spec: > 220 mW@32Ω...
There is a reset hole, in case you forget.