Posts by ClieOS

Via coax-out, everything works fine. Via USB-out, Onkyo HF Player is more stable than UAPP, but they both has small glitch from time to time. Unless you are into streaming, I think getting an X5III purely as digital transport is kind of a waste. For a pure music playback digital transport for Mojo, I am more inclined to recommend Shanling M1, or Sony A30 series (or the A10 series if you don't play with DSD).
 We sort of covered these already:  I don't understand what you mean by 'outputting bitperfect audio'.
 There is a way to make HA-2 outputs a little more voltage - by using it as a pure amp and feeding it a high enough line-out signal (>>1Vrms), then it can be pushed to near 3Vrms. However, it will start to clip when it is reaching that volume. As good as it is, HA-2 isn't meant to driver very demanding headphone. You will get better result with amp like FiiO A5, where then max output reaches over 5Vrms.
 Can't give you a direct answer, but I can confirm X5III will be louder than HA-2. HA-2 on high gain should max out around 2.52Vrms in DAC/amp mode. In comparison, X5III on high gain should give you around 2.82Vrms.
 The current Chinese firmware already has Google playstore on it. Of course if you are in China, you won't be able to use it unless you find a way around the great firewall of China. but If you are not in China, then it is business as usual.
 Not true. I think you sort of reading too much into FiiO's reply. There won't be any new feature on the international version of X5III besides the fact that the international X5III will have Google service running on it while the Chinese version won't (*because all Google server access are banned in China, so there is no point running them as they won't be able to connect to Google). There is only one reason why FiiO is selling the X5III in China first, because they know...
 Sound Cloud - workingBandcamp - Mostly working. song's timer doesn't work.Youtube - Mostly not working. Audio only, no video. Never tried to use another Android to control it, so dunno.
 It is solid. At least for me, all the basic functions I used are working fine. Gapless is slightly glitchy on the last firmware but I haven't tried the latest firmware yet (just released yesterday, still downloading). As far as basic music playback using FiiO music app goes, there isn't any major bug I can see. Some album arts are missing. but those are no big deal. Third party apps for USB DAC (UAPP and Onkyo HF Player) are working but not the most stable. I don't use...
 Not much has changed in regard of my opinion about X5III - these days I use it more than X7 actually - still not saying X5III is better sounding of course, but it is good enough that I don't miss X7 that much.
 You don't need to unzip the firmware file. You just use the support app on X7 and select the whole zip file for upgrading firmware.