Posts by ClieOS

Not at all. Output impedance is more important at the last gear that drives the load, that means your headphone amp, not the sound card. The typical number of impedance for source to amp connection is that the output impedance of the source should be about 10x less than the input impedance of the amp, or in another word, the Titanium HD output impedance should be 10x less than the input impedance of magni. That should be fine as most amp have over 10k ohm of input impedance.
Glad to know you like it :)
Please drop the PSU talk for now, boys, unless it is specific to Stoner Acoustics. I don't want to see a mod coming in to clean up this thread.
It is funny that, if you know how to read Chinese and go to FiiO's own forum, one of the most common request out of the FiiO's Chinese user is that they feel that bass is thin on the X5 and ask for some kind of firmware fix to address this "problem".   Just show you there is no such a thing as a right tuning, except an interpretation of what is right.
I just tried another USB DAC that employs the same SaviAudio SA9027 USB receiver in uDAC 3 and I am seeing the same 32/96 support - so I assume this is probably another Windows 8.1 glitch as I am very certain that the other USB DAC only had 24/96 support back in my Windows Vista days.
 Not really fun that I had to setup my notebook with the UD110 MK1 to the same music and player as my desktop PC in order to do a proper A/Bing, but here is my observation - Overall, the audible difference is as I had thought, not particular big. The only thing I can say in any definitive is that the image on UD120 is about 10~20% wider than UD110 MK1, so UD120 sounds a bit grander in presentation and a bit clearer in bring out the background detail. Otherwise the other...
Going back to the actual topic of UD120 - I just dumped the USB descriptor out and confirmed it is running on async mode. Rejoice.
My Windows 8.1 64bit is showing 32/96 as well, which is odd as I remember it only supports up to 24/96.
The actual expensive part of a DAC chip is how to keep the SNR really high. This means keeping the noise as low as possible. Oversampling is actually relatively easy to do in comparison. The whole point of oversampling is so that you can push the sampling noise as high into inaudible frequency as possible, which in turn gives you lower noise in the audible band (among other benefits). But if the audio band doesn't actually have that great a SNR, then the little noise that...
The first post has been updated with all the final participants of this build, whom have all confirmed and paid in time. Those who have yet to pay before the deadline are considered to have automatically withdrew from the build without exception. Paypal transfer has already began and parts' order will be made as soon as possible.