Posts by ClieOS

That way I understand is, iriver / A&K implements the AK100 in such a way that, there simply isn't a conventional amp section at all. Basically the analog signal goes from the DAC and pass through a few transistors (to add current since the DAC can't drive a dime) and resistors (to isolate the load from the DAC for stability because of the same reason as before). That's why AK100 has fairly weak current output (and thus weak overall output power) as well as fairly high...
AD8397 is tricky to get to sound right, in my own experience of it on may portable amps. The only one I really like is the revised AD8397 amp module on HM901. The first version of it (which only saw action in China) actually undermined the SQ of HM901. That's how tricky it is. Personally, I don't think any of the current* FiiO amps that uses AD8397 has really impressed me (*hint: the next one that uses AD8397 is actually really good). I am glad they have chosen to make the...
 Well, it will be much easier just to FiiO engineer to identify C46 for you.
Element14 has an export site that seems to also to ship to Serbia. You might want to check with their local dsitributors: https://export.farnell.com/jsp/home/exportHome.jsp?_requestid=32688
Cool
I guess it is time to contact FiiO and see if it can be sent back for repair with cost. I only remember it happened when I didn't plug the opamp secure enough. A replug generally fixes the problem. You might want to check the soldering joint on the sockets.
 I am surprised that Miracle can pick up any background noise, given X5's SNR is >115dB. If you look at Pico Slim and E12DIY, you will notice Pico Slim's SNR is only rated at >100dB while E12DIY is on par with X5. So if Miracle will hiss with X5, it will most likely hiss will those amps as well. In fact, Miracle might hiss a lot worst with Pico Slim based on those number. Actually you won't find that many portable that can do around -115dB (I don't personally know any....
Have you tried reset?
 To put these graphs on perspective, E12 only has about 1dB of difference from 20Hz to 20kHz, and that's at the edge of what most human can differentiate, and I'll bet most probably can't tell any difference. As for the distortion figure - it is even smaller, only around 0.001% of difference and it will take some very serious golden ears, if any possibility at all, to tell 0.001% noise from 0.002%. I think my point is, while graphs has its usefulness, whether a (or every)...
I haven't have any problem with the current firmware as well, but won't mind updating if the new firmware is indeed as good as it claims.