Posts by ClieOS

Received the DX 160 iE as well. Will burn it in for a few hours before reviewing it.
 It is true that when Li-ion battery is charged at temperature over 45°C (or below 0°C), it will affect battery life. But it is rare that you can push Li-ion battery to run that hot in most electronics. Power tool is probably an exception since they are usually very demanding. This is also why placing anything that has a Li-ion battery under the hot sun is a bad idea. Anyway, it is not recommended to discharge Li-ion fully all the time, as you can accidentally...
 It is hot because that's how Li-ion behaves when charged. But unless it is much hotter than a smartphone after some very intensive 3D gameplay, there is really no real concern there. Get the biggest current output USB adapter you can find, but even a 0.5A adapter will work just fine (except for a longer charging time). One thing to note is that the really cheap eBay charger might burn-out when it is over-drawed (because of the lack of protection circuit inside) - but...
The grounding pin is mainly to shield against EMI. Not having it should not cause freeze or pop, but more like EMI noise on the analog output path. If the PCB isn't particularly susceptible to EMI, then you can get away by not shielding it.
 I can tell you that it is flat from 20Hz to 20kHz. I can't show you the FR graph anymore as I lost all my all old RMAA measurement result a few months back when my PC crashed, and I can't remeasure it now as it is on loan and I'll only get it back after 2 weeks. If you really want to see it, you'll have to wait till I get it back.
 Crash it, for the most parts, at least as far as overall useability and features go. Better sounding as well, but mostly comparable.
 If only you read the first post...
 Yes of course. Remember there is a balanced on/off switch next to the headphone jack? That's for the balanced amp module.
My usual donor cable of choice is the MEElec M2, not exactly black but I like the quality of it.    
 You need to tag your music the right way for the album art to show, mainly make sure it isn't too big (500x500 is usually good) and keep it in .jpg, or you can put a 500x500 jpg file in the file folder. click and pop between music is an indication that the bitrate might be different between them and there is an switching inside the DAC that cause the noise. If you are referring to the first click when the first song starts, it could be the relay that is designed to...