Posts by ClieOS

UD120 can run 32/384 in ASIO mode, otherwise 32/192 max.
 Both are SMD. The opamp are SOIC8 and the buffer are TO-263. You might be able to replace the opamp but the buffer won't be easy, even with a heat gun, given the metal back plate is also soldered onto the PCB and packed very tightly with other components surrounding it. Here is just the front with the buffer. Opamp are on the side of the PCB, with no room for any adapter.  
 Of course you can.
Yes, it has shuffle, but it is pretty limited. If you want to shuffle all 5000 songs in file browser, you will have put them all under one single folder, which will be a mess. Otherwise you will have to use the library to shuffle, but it will have the file number limitation.
 There is a freeware call GUIformt, google and download it to format your SD card to FAT32. Allocation size is not important. Just leaves it on the default setting. exFAT doesn't have any major speed advantage over FAT32, that is why no one is talking about it. Plus, reading / writing speed is mainly determined by the hardware (SD card class and reader's limit). Also, you can always reformat the SD card back to exFAT if you needs it for something else. The only significant...
nvm.
 He is referring to micro iCAN and the answer has been given a few post above.
 AFAIK, only gain switches were added.
 Soundstage is actually pretty similar between the two - neither particularly wide nor narrow. I don't consider both to be totally transparent. C5 has a slight warmness from the mid to bass with good texture, where micro iDSD's amp section draws out more micro-detail but at the same time leaner on the bass region.  For me, the micro iDSD's amp section and micro iCAN shares very similar mid to treble presentation - very clean and detail. The difference is that micro iCAN...
 There is also the iBasso DX90, which I think is about the same class as X5 with different pros and cons.