Posts by ClieOS

Here is thought - not about the micro iDSD itself per se but to one of iFi's accessory. The 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter that included with current micro and nano iCAN is pretty much the standard design. While it work just fine for a desktop setup, it does seem to be quite protruding on nano iDSD, especially with headphone that has right-angled 3.5mm plug. My suggestion is to have an adapter that will not protrude quite as much. It should be do-able - just take a screw-on type...
 Actually I was trying to point out to the OP (and not to you) about the last part of the video where the Westone guy is trying to explain a flat FR using an actual flat line with the whole 'speaker analogy', which obviously is different from how you will actual tune a headphone or IEM.
If you know headphone, you will know a really flat FR curve will sound terrible. By the time a flat FR speaker produced sound and that sound reached our eardrum, it will no longer be flat (by measurement) anymore. That sound still appear to the listener as flat because because our brain naturally compensate for the change, and we perceive it as flat. Since headphone is so close to our eardrum, a lot of the FR change that natural occurs due to room / environment acoustics...
 Sound like mostly positive to me. Hopeful a workaround can be found.
 Actually a recent test done on an Audio Precision machine has shown that DX90 has about 1.8 times the power into the same 32ohm load when compared to DX50.
 I never quite love the DX50's headphone-out myself, thinking the DAP could have been better if the headphone-out offers more control and tightness. That's why I always pair it with an amp. Hopefully this has been addressed on the DX90. I'll probably try to demo one in May if I got the time.
 Without comparing to E12, I think E12DIY is well worth the money as it can compete head-to-head for some of the 'big name' $300~$500 portable amps without a problem. Of course E12 by itself is quite a bit cheaper - then again, E12 is also pretty high in value-for-money just as well. Personally, I see no problem dropping anything less than $300 for E12DIY. If it is over $300, I think the seller might be a bit greedy. The most transparent opamp+buffer I have heard on the...
 My E12 is the very first batch with LME49710 instead of the later OPA1611, so I can't give you a direct comparison. But I am comfortable to say that given the audible difference between my E12 and E12DIY, I have no doubt the E12DIY will be better even with the same opamp+buffer setup, and OPA1611+LME49600 is not even the most transparent or widest soundstage of opamp+buffer you can use on E12DIY.
The problem is the word "regulated" - even among regulated adapter, a 15V adapter can still output up to 16V, depends on how tightly the regulation is done. It should be all specified in the datasheet of the adapter, if it has one. Cheap regulated adapter can be worst than unregulated adapter sometime. Only those really expensive transformer type of adapter has very tight regulation. If you look at the datasheet of LT1054 (the voltage switch / regulator and the limiting...
 In the erji.net test, yes. You can see the voltage on the graph, that's the volume. It is about 2.1Vrms, pretty much full scale line level and way more than what you will ever want on a 32 ohm headphones (which most can usually go very loud with less than 0.55Vrms =old iPod's line out).