Posts by ClieOS

Seem like most of the talk is on FS. Does the FS+ starts shipping yet?
 You won't break anything (well, as long as you lower the digital volume first). But your IEM won't sound nearly as good as it can be... or in other word, it won't power the IEM properly.
Yep, the link to F is on the first post.   The differentiated clips I mentioned earlier are generated via Audio DiffMaker as well. The result is interesting to say the least, but I can foreseen it could create some kind of bias to the subjective opinion. Hence why I'll strongly suggest you guys do a listening first and note down whatever you have heard before doing any software analysis. Also, please keep the software analysis result to yourself for now and see if they...
... and what is the initial subjective opinion, if you may?
 Err. you have to submit a stack of forms to Apple to apply for MFi first, then wait for them to call you back for approval. If they didn't call you back, it means they didn't approve you. It is not because FiiO doesn't want to pay Apple (yes, I do get this answer from FiiO themselves), but Apple doesn't call them back after the application submission.
Say if the DAC in the source has a max output level of A, which you will want to keep because that will give you the best SNR in the analog domain. Now there is two ways you can do software bass boost (or any EQ bumping for that matter): you can either (1) ignore the limitation set by A and forcefully bump the targeted FR regardless, which means that targeted FR will 'clip' the max output level and therefore result in distortion, or (2) low the output level to B, then...
 No, just providing alternative theory and the general understanding that human hearing is usually not that reliable.
 ...or it can be all in your head. Actually it isn't that hard to check for loudness difference as long as you have a AC meter.
  BTW, I added an extra music clip for the comparison. Those who downloaded the original 5 clips should give the 6th a listen as well, and see how it compared. Cheer.
The problem lies not in the hardware of UD120 (or UD110 for that matter), but whether you want to run it with async or not. The original UD110 MK1 (the one I reviewed) is configured to run on async mode, where the clock on the USB DAC itself dictates the overall timing which usually gives you lower jitter and better accuracy / SQ. But to satisfy the need of smartphone, where most don't support async mode natively, the following batch (UD110 MK2) was set to run on adaptive...