Posts by ClieOS

Yep, it has been confirmed by iFi a few pages back.
 You can't hope to connect everything together and pray that they will somehow magically work together. In this case, it just won't.
 Film caps, including the Wima here, tends to be very fast and transparent sounding, highly detail on the treble but can be grainy and busy, leaner texture over the lower mid to bass region and have relative shallow / flat in depth. Silmic II will give you about the opposite. Not nearly as fast but much smoother transition, better texture but not as good on micro detail, and has a well rounded soundstage. Overall, it is a more musical presentation.  Be careful of fake...
 Yes, E10K is hard to beat for its price. Just checked MUSE TU-20 - seems like a fun bit of kits, but I can't comment on how good it'll be simply by looking at it. Tube is a different beast than solid state.
 It is not lousy, at least not for its price and features. It is just not great, as far as SQ goes, but only decent. They get it to work on iPhone because Apple has a really great USB DAC driver built-into iOS7/8. As for Xperia, it is because of USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP), which has its own USB DAC driver that works much better than the one used by Android. E07K is a good alternative, though it is not small either.
 Tried BG NX HiQ in the E12DIY, and as usual, don't find them to be any better than the caps that are still in production and far cheaper.  Not really, I have Silmic II in 22uF, 25V in my E12DIY and they works just fine. Any of the 6.3mm x 11mm caps will fit without a problem, and the biggest capacitance Silmic II of that size is 47uF, 10V. In fact, the original Wima has a size of 7.2mm x 13mm, anything smaller is fine. Of course Silmic II 2.2uF 50V is fine as well, though...
 0.47uF will be too small for E12DIY. You do actually need 2.2uF as I have experimented with different capacitance. That should give you a good indication. Yes, you need the rated voltage to be minimum of the voltage applied. In the case of E12DIY, since they are input caps, any rating above 2V (line level) should be okay. But for safety reason, I'll recommend 6.3V (which is a common voltage for caps). If it is output caps, I'll say you should be 25V minimum, preferably...
 It is not designed nor advertised as an USB DAC for Android. If you get it to work, it is probably because of Samsung's own USB driver, not because of Android's default driver. But as Sam L has mentioned, the E1's internal DAC is pretty much low end and not worth the trouble for USB DAC on Android. I'll recommend E3 for the minimum, as the DAC inside is at least pretty good and at least a class better than the one in E1. E1 is more for small Windows tablet and notebook...
 Not even close. E10K - TE7022 (adaptive USB) + PCM5102 (DAC) + OPA1642 (gain) + LMH6643 (buffer) X5 - emulated async USB + PCM1792 (DAC) + 2x OPA1612 (I/V) + OPA1612 (LPF) + OPA1612 (gain) + 2x LMH6643 (buffer).
 You only need to meet the minimum requirement of capacitance to make sure you don't have any roll-off. You don't want too big a capacitance as bigger capacitance introduces other problem. Many time, it is the material used in the capacitor and its available size that limits your choice. The trick is to find the balance of having a transparent sounding caps that has the right capacitance not to causes roll-off and the right size that it will fit into the circuit /...