Posts by ClieOS

No with the latest generation of Android. LG, Samsung, HTC and Sony all have 24/192 capable driver on their flagship models. There is also USB Audio Player Pro, with its own 24bit driver for USB DAC. 24/96 is also going to be officially supported in Lolipop.
 Here is the spec:  I do able to get 24/96 (and possibly 24/192) to work using UAPP with a particular cable setup, but it is glitchy to say the least. I'll rather just use the recommended way and listen to 16/44.1.
 A few personal notes I have taken over the years regarding OI measurement are that, (1) while it doesn't matter what volume you set on the device you are measuring, you don't want the volume to be too high or too low. Too low, and it usually won't give you a very precise voltage difference. Too high, you might run into the device's current / voltage limiting and end up with a wrong number. I tends to set it at 0.1Vrms unloaded for DAP measurement, as it is usually just a...
 You misunderstand what Hi-Res means - it refers to DAC's sampling rate higher then 48kHz, but the actual sound frequency resulted by the higher sampling that is going to reach your ears is still going to be under 20kHz. 24bits is the bit depth, it doesn't in anyway tell you about, or define the frequency range. 320kbps is compression rate of the file, it too doesn't have anything to do with frequency range. 20Hz to 20kHz is used for all recording as it is generally...
 Most definitely not an EU version. All of A10 series are made in Malaysia (which is where I am), and mine comes straight from the official Sony Store as part of the pre-order deal. The Sony Malaysia sticker is actually on the back.  Yep, different way of measurement produce different result, though I do stand firm on my measurement this time as I just re-do it with a different multimeter and the result is the same, just a little under 4 ohm. I have used the same method to...
 How high an impedance you should go also depends on how sensitive the headphone is and in general, how demanding and responsive the headphone to amping. As a general suggestion, you should stay under 300ohm. Personally I think X1+E11K can almost rival a standalone X3, but I'll recommend X3 first.   Yes, but at this point you should be looking for E11K, not E11.
 Actually my E5's internal mic is activated by default, it is line-in that is unavailable by default. Just go to the sound control panel in your PC's 'Control Panel' (or right click on the speaker icon in the lower left corner of desktop), select 'Recording devices', click on 'Internal mic' and click on the 'set default' button. Now every time you connect your E5 to PC, the internal mic will be activated by default. This is also used to switch between which input to use as...
I am not sure I am answering your question directly but you should know that line-in, (external) mic-in and S/PDIF-in are all sharing the same 3.5mm jack on E5, so obviously only one of them can used at any given one time (or else they will be competing for the same jack). While Internal Mic-in is on the E5 itself (*the three slots / holes on the top plate), it is using the same ADC as line-in / external mic-in / S/PDIF-in, and therefore it behaves the same as the rest and...
 Back to the old problem again, with a roughly 9 hours delay, which is around the same time I clean up browser data. So this pretty has the same effect as 'request desktop site'.
 Yeah, it kinds of work for now. Will have to wait a few hours to try again and see if it holds up.