Posts by ClieOS

Using two ground PCB layer doesn't means two separated ground channels though. It usually is done to isolate one active signal path from another, like two slice of cheese separating three pieces of beer patties, but the ground planes are usually shared. Plus, this is usually done to isolate RF, not audio range though. If you look at PC's video card, 7~9 layers are pretty common. But for audio purpose, you'll use multi-layer PCB mainly to save space, but not as much for...
 That's the only explanation for 'isolated' ground for both channel, IF that's the case. Active ground isn't a new idea of its own, but it usually means a shared active ground. Haven't really come across any dual active ground amp myself, but I guess it kind of takes the idea of shared active ground to the next level. Again, not saying in 100% that's the case for HA-2 - just that it is one of the way to implement dual isolated ground
HA-2 is definitely not a balanced design, given it only has one TPA6120A2 on the output stage (you need two for balanced audio). I think the TRRS, if it isn't internally shorted for ground, is most likely has two separated sink circuit for left/right ground.This is not actually balanced output, but might improves stereo crosstalk and power output a bit, though unlikely to the level of balanced output.
 He is feeding E5's line-out to C5, basically turning the whole thing into a wireless setup.
 I bought a very cheap one off eBay and it works out just fine.
Just received Amazon OTG cable Oppo recommended and I can confirm it works like a charm. I also notice it is actually from China. For those who can't order it from Amazon, I believe this is the same cable in Taobao though please make note that you are buying at your own risk:   http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-11115179641.16.2aKZf3&id=45493617058   Might order one extra from Taobao early next month. If you want confirmation, just wait till then.
Remember that full digital volume control can only work by eating into the digital bit of the music. For example, every -6dB equals to the loss of one bit. Think of the effect it will have if you are listening to a 16bit file with low volume, you could very well listening to 12bit music at the end. On the other hand, PGA2311 is actually still an analog volume control, but only the volume adjustment is digitally controlled. Therefore it offers near perfect volume match on...
 It is a glass-half-full-or-half-empty discussion between us, so I'll stop at that.
You don't really need to care about power output for your DAC. Your Asgard 2 will be the one that drives the HD600, not the DAC, so there is no point on looking into how much power the DAC can output. What you should be looking for is a high enough voltage (i.e. 2Vrms), as high a SNR and as low as a stereo crosstalk as you can find. Having what DAC chip is less important than how well it is implemented. Asynchronous will be a nice add-on as it usually means lower jitter,...
 Please read back what I have written - never said measurement is the be-all-end-all myself. But one thing for sure - if the known parameters that can be used for judging SQ already measured bad, how can it sounds good? We are not talking about some mystic factors no one has yet to figure out here, just commonly accepted baseline measurement, by the majority of the audio community as well as the scientists and engineers. If you don't think that's enough. well, I guess...