or Connect

Posts by ClieOS

With USB-out, you don't have to worry about jitter (*the digital smearing of the signal) as much. The downside is that USB DAC function on Android is inherently not the most stable because Google didn't implement a good common USB audio class driver but instead relies on the manufacturer (as well as third party apps) to implement their own driver. As far as the drivers (both stock as well as third party apps) on X5III goes, it is currently working but not perfect yet. It...
 Yep, all very nice info but let keep pure Onkyo discussion back to Onkyo's thread.
 Yes, but iPurifier and iPurifier2 are not the same.
 I generated 4 files, all 1kHz test tone but with different bitdepth / sample rate - 16/44.1, 16/48, 32/96 and 32/192, then I put them on loop and listen. The result is inconclusive - sometime I didn't hear any sound between the files, sometime there seems to be a very faint 'click'. The faint click doesn't always occur on two specific files / bitdepth / sampling rate and therefore I can't say in certainty that it is the sound generated by the DAC when switching bitdepth /...
The problem with MQA isn't as much on its technicality but on the cost of its royalty fee. If it is reasonable, then of course FiiO will want to have it on all their DAP. I don't know the exact costs but I do know at least one manufacturer (*not FiiO, but someone else and it isn't a Chinese brand) has considered MQA but at the end has to give it up because MQA ltd. is asking for too much and they don't feel that the price will justifies the benefit.   Also note that MQA...
 It was supposed to be a cheap and short production run model intended as sort of a semi-gift to Rose's customer. I actually got mine for free with Masya, then it disappeared from Rose's Taobao store which I assumed they had sent all of them away for good.  There is enough people in the forum now actively reviewing and discussing earbuds that I don't think a centralized list is essential anymore. Information now comes much easier than when I started this list back in 2009,...
There is always my plan to stop the list at some point. For those who can recall, it was completely removed sometime ago, but eventually reinstated as the lite version on popular demand, but that was never meant to be there forever.   The reasons are two folds: First, I don't have the time to maintain a public ranking anymore. In fact, I don't have enough time to listen to any headphone at it is. So whatever time I can spare, it is better served for enjoying music rather...
These fillers are built into AK4490, thus they will have no effect on external DAC. When you connect X5III to Mojo, the system will use Mojo's internal digital filter instead.Also, there is nothing suggesting X5III will not be bitperfect in anyway, thus there is no point for having an option to enable what is already always there.
 Via coax-out, everything works fine. Via USB-out, Onkyo HF Player is more stable than UAPP, but they both has small glitch from time to time. Unless you are into streaming, I think getting an X5III purely as digital transport is kind of a waste. For a pure music playback digital transport for Mojo, I am more inclined to recommend Shanling M1, or Sony A30 series (or the A10 series if you don't play with DSD).
 We sort of covered these already:  I don't understand what you mean by 'outputting bitperfect audio'.