Posts by ClieOS

In the erji.net test, yes. You can see the voltage on the graph, that's the volume. It is about 2.1Vrms, pretty much full scale line level and way more than what you will ever want on a 32 ohm headphones (which most can usually go very loud with less than 0.55Vrms =old iPod's line out).
Well, it is 1% so it is about the borderline of distortion detection for most human, and in very ideal condition. I don't think 1% is really that audible outside of a test labs - but that has to be some standard reference for testing and 1% is chosen by the audio industry based on old data. This depends also on the load as well. It can be better or worst when you change the load. So the number only makes sense if everything is tested under that same load, but not directly...
 You are somewhat right. The number looks better on DX90 for the most parts but when it comes to full output, you can see X3 and X5 can comfortable max out (and almost double the output) and still has THD under 1%. Basically it means DX90 should have the advantage as long as you don't push it outside of its comfort zone. The further you push it, the more X5 will catch up, and overtake when near / over 150mW is needed. But with that much power into 32ohm, DX50 should be...
AP measurement result on DX90 was out on erji.net. It seems DX90 is doing really well for the most parts.
 For most adapter, except those that are exceptionally expensive, the number of voltage listed might not be the actually output voltage under load. They can drift up and down a few V and it will be really bad news if that adapter of yours runs over 16V since it might burn something out. Even with a regulated adapter, 16V is cutting it way too close. Dr. Meier listed 15V for a reason, so even a regulated adapter with slight drift (which they often do) will still be...
 Suggestion is definitely great. I think James already mentioned that, at least how the way firmware has been written so far for the hardware, it is not possible or at least very difficult to make change. That means it is an issue he and the company are fully aware of. I just don't think keep pounding the issue (either support or against) further will make it easier or faster, at least not until we get the chance to read about the translation James promised. I think the...
 I assume you mean the nano iCAN and iDSD? I just got them actually, still haven't had any listening done.

Also, we have went through the whole RockBox debate too many times - FiiO is bounded by contract not able to provide any code for open source. If you guys really love RB that much, asks some RB dev. to port it for you or becomes a RB dev. yourself. There is nothing much FiiO can help as far as RB goes.
Are we still on this issue? It is already getting too old 3 days ago.   It might seem easy on paper - Say you design the database generation based on a simple dynamic read / write function based on how many RAM you have. At first it seems to run well enough so you keep it simple as it is. Now 5 (or any number of line the X5 has) thousands line of code and 6 (or any amount of time it took) months later, you realize that you are running out of RAM and your database is...