Posts by ClieOS

ER4P (as well as 4S) really doesn't response to amping much. Just saying.
More likely the DAC chip runs out of current. PCM2704 is never meant to driver a load directly.
 Just so you know, that cable (WMC-NWC10) is for using a Walkman as a power bank to recharge another device ONLY. It doesn't do anything else.
 For loud speaker, yes. For headphone, no. Though it is sometime quite possible to plug a pair of very insufficient planar headphone directly into the power amp section.
The conversion between mW to Vrms assumes the current remains constant. It might not always be the case.
 Listened to OPPO HA-2 prototype late last year and it is really good. I'll say that iDSD micro is better overall, but OPPO does get close. I'll pick HA-2 if portability is a concern, but otherwise it is iDSD micro for me. I'll see if I can find a final production HA-2 for a comparison or not.
 I hold a different opinion: If Sony engineers are as talented as they are, they should have realized that some audiophiles, such as myself, will not be happy about the mediocre headphone-out power on their "audiophile" DAP (and in the case of A10 specifically, a fairly average sounding amp section as well). Of course I could have just added an amp to improve the situation, but I am handicapped by almost just as weak a line-out voltage too. So, using A10 as a digital...
Here is someone else RMAA result on Xonar DG: http://www.pureoverclock.com/Review-detail/asus-xonar-dg-audio-card/6/   Seems to behave well enough. Of course RMAA result from different measurement really ain't comparable, but it is an indication that your Xonar DG might not at its best during measurement while the card itself might be fine.
 Just want to point out that the 'D' in Class D doesn't stand for 'Digital'.  10% distortion is the number announced by Sony on CES. It has been over a month now so it isn't likely to be typo. If that true, that kind of power rating is pretty useless except for generating noise.
 That sometime doesn't actually tell you when the amp is only lightly clipped or just about to clip. You need to look at the spectrum and see if there are extra spikes or not. If there are, and they disappear once you start lowering the volume to a point, then it might indicate that the output is stressed. If there ain't any, then perhaps the THD / IMD do actually are what they are.