Posts by ClieOS

Same questions to you: why don't iPhone, iPod or iPad come with detachable battery, yet they are the most popular of gadgets in the world? Does Steve Jobs, arguable one of the most visionary person in the recent history of the personal electronics, totally narrow minded and not understandable? Are the uncountable number of people who buy into his idea of no-user-replaceable-battery all mindless zombies? You are right about one thing though, I'll rather not reply to...
 Because FiiO is neither setup to be a direct sale company nor is they a battery company. You make it sounds like they can just snap their finger and everything will work smoothly. But in reality this operation will involve a change in how the company conducts its business as well as putting in resources that can otherwise used for other things. Designing, OEM purchasing, inventory, logistic, sale and management will all be costing more money, without even consider the...
 We have been to that discussion before - the removable battery is not going to happen on FiiO not because it can not be done, but because 1) there isn't a cellphone battery with large enough capacity to reach minimum required battery life set by FiiO, For example, X5 already has a 3700mAH battery while Galaxy S5 battery is only 2800mAH - a 30% lost of battery capacity. and 2) it increase the overall size due to the need of a battery bay. Have you seen the picture where...
Just given the Altone200 a brief listening. It has a rather astonishing SQ for the price.
 iBasso still has T5 in stock, as far as I know. the updated StepDance is now called QuickDance, and is available at Meier Audio.
 I have to come clear and said that I have very little love on the LME49600. It is technically superior to the BUF634 on just about everything, including coloration, but I find it on the edge of a sharp knife, giving me the impression of graininess. BUF634 can be too smooth at time but it isn't so smooth that I can't accept it, while HA-5002 is neither too smooth or too edgy, just that way I like it. Channel separation is a good indication of image, but I don't think it is...
Well, mostly they are trying to avoid giving the impression of hunger marketing. So now they prefer to announce when the products is fully ready to hit the market.
 There is the theory that by placing the two channels further away, you'll get better channel separation. Of course it doesn't always work that way, but sometime it does in some circuits.
 The same roll-off is more or less still on HM901, and everyone I know who have heard it is praising its SQ, including some A&K fans. HM801 might not has the best implementation, but it is the best of its generation IMO and same can be said to HM901 when it comes to pure SQ. So don't judge the book by its cover. Also on extra note, that roll-off can actually be found inside ES9018 / K2M, and it is called the "slow roll-off" digital filter. If it is pointless, ESS won't...
LME49710 is single channel so it has to be in SOIC and mounted to a blank dual adapter.