Posts by ClieOS

By that logic, everything that measured flat will sound identical, I presume? I think you totally miss the point about measurement, especially on frequency response. Once you put a load onto a gear, it will response accordingly, and each gear will response differently because they don't have identical circuitry - SNR and crosstalk might worsen to different degree, as well as other parameters. Why? Because a headphone is more of a dynamic resistant, induction and impedance...
Most portable hard drive will need much more current than X5 can supply. It really is meant for flash drive only. I actually get an old portable hard drive to work but it is a 20GB slim hard drive (same type that used in notebook PC) and pretty much a moot point since flash drive is much cheaper and bigger in capacity these days
 Right now, unlikely. Don't forget I am living at the opposite side of the world where Auvio is sold and there is no easy way for me to get one.
 Like this? http://www.head-fi.org/t/685414/preview-fiio-e18-kunlun-surprise-surprise Will add this to the list sometime. I guess it does need some update for a few more amps.
 Well, maybe a short one.
 The problem of BUF634 is that it has a pretty noticeable warmish sound when compared to LME49600. Personally I actually prefer BUF634 as I find LME49600 slightly more edgy than I like. Though I prefer HA-5002 even more, it is not a suitable buffer to use. The opamp choice pretty much came out of a poll awhile ago. Everyone seems to have his/her favorite choice, but I think MUSES02 is impressive while neutral enough that you don't find people disliking it, thus make for a...
 It is just good, not great. If you want better SQ, keep the MH1.
 E12IEM basic topology is all based on E12DIY, the only difference is smaller voltage swing, which results in slightly better SNR (that is unlikely to be audible to most). Unlike the E12DIY however, it will come only with MUSES02 and LME49600 and it is not intended for DIY modding or opamp / buffer swapping. Buffer is really not that important - or should I say the choice of buffer is actually pretty obvious. Out of the three possible buffer choices that can be used for...
 Seems to be the same old 'sleep' problem I used to have. It is basically a Windows' problem since the Vista (and yet to be fixed, AFAIK), that Windows randomly sends out the wrong instruction after awhile of idle and request the USB DAC to go into power save mode. The instruction doesn't actually shut down the USB DAC, but enough to cause it to out of sync in the re-sampling process and result in noise. For all I know, the only real way to fix it is to use a self-power...
 Actually E12IEM is more akin to E12DIY than it is to normal E12. It will be the best sounding mass production portable amp FiiO has even made so far.