Posts by ClieOS

Only Creative knows the reason, but I'll guess they pick AOA mode for greater compatibility among different Android smartphone. As AOA is almost guaranteed to work Android smartphone from 3.2 and above, but USB Host mode (which is what most others are using) strongly depends on whether the smartphone manufacturer has correctly implemented UAC (USB Audio Class) driver on each individual model or not.
 If I have to pay that kind of money on a DAP, one of my most basic requirement will be an adequate amp section. ZX2's 15mW + 15mW just won't do it for me. Arguably A10 series doesn't meet my requirement as well, but I bought it for its aptX and USB DAC support (which I have not found on any other DAP for A10's price range that offers them both). Since ZX2 doesn't need my basic requirement, there is no incentive for me to audition it. Of course I'll still listen to it when...
 Not a bug, but a requirement for the AOA (*Android Open Accessory) protocol that E5 is designed to work with
 X5 is still closer to what I'll refer as a reference sound. Overall it is more refined and neutral. I think the gap between X5 to X3II is bigger than X3II to X1.
 No. Have no interest in the ZX series personally.
This should (somewhat) answer your question:  
 Have been listening to X3 II for the last few days. A10 is more of a competition for X1 IMO.
 With the current exchange rate, X2 II is selling in FiiO's homeland of China for about $210, just so you know.
 Nope. Android 5 Lollipop only outputs up to 48kHz.
 For that to happen, we have to assume that the SNR on the A10's line-out is good enough that, after E12's amplification (*which don't forget E12 has its own SNR as well), the final SNR will be better then A10's headphone-out. Usually when a DAP's line-out is high enough (which means the DAP is what we usually refer as a 'clean' source), that will be true. But given A10's line-out isn't actually that high, it can go both ways depends on the setup.