Posts by ClieOS

Yes, though you should connect the E5 to your smartphone first, then connect an USB power source (*smartphone charger) to the microUSB port.
   With the same opamp and buffer combo, volume matched and listened to IEM, I can't tell them apart.
 Please defines 'workable'
Just to add more detail to this: it is not an E10K exclusive problem, but universal to many analog potentiometer. As dust and rust accumulate on the resistance track inside the pot, they change the resistance and interfere with the wiper operation, thus resulting in noise. Quickly turning the the knob up and down help to 'clean up' those dust and rust from the track.
 Can't really give you an precise answer as I don't own an iPhone 5. If its headphone-out is clean enough, then you might not notice much, if any improvement using the 30-pins adapter.
 Disconnect your E10K from the PC, quickly turn the volume all the way up, then all the way down, repeat for a minutes or so, then connect to PC again and see if it helps.
 Also make sure you have your Z3 volume set high and then use the E11K to control volume.
 Not to my knowledge. It will just play any file on its native bitrate / bit depth, up to 24/96.
 The power switch sets how much current is feed into the opamp (which affect how much current is going out. It allows the opamp to either perform at its best or save battery life. If your headphone isn't particularly demanding, then it is normal you won't find much difference between the two,
 No with the latest generation of Android. LG, Samsung, HTC and Sony all have 24/192 capable driver on their flagship models. There is also USB Audio Player Pro, with its own 24bit driver for USB DAC. 24/96 is also going to be officially supported in Lolipop.