Posts by ClieOS

You fail to understand my point. The way I see it, since all the EQ is stored inside the E5 itself and not on the PC, having Scout Mode is going to be a major interference to the music (unless you somehow want to hear the singer coming, which I bet not). Thus they have to leave Scout Mode out of the EQ system or else there is no way to use the SBX as a standalone feature for music playback. For example, if there is Scout Mode built into E5, then you can't use the SBX...
 Still a bit too early to say for certain but overall I am very positive. I can tell the amp section is definitely solid, neutral overall with a touch of warmth. I won't call it top-tier just yet, but it is pretty close to one.   Need more listening to say for sure, but I can say that E5 amp section's sound signature is pretty similar to that of E18. As purely an amp, I won't call one is obviously superior to the other. E18 doesn't have a slightly more expensive...
Having used the E5 for a day, I can kind of understand why Scout Mode is left out. The E5, in many ways, is more intended for smartphone user than any of the E series so far. The integration of SBX Studio Pro into the amp itself is actually a brilliant move. You can do it on PC or download app onto your smartphone to adjust the setting, then with one switch on the amp itself, you can enable / disable it without going back to your smartphone. That means you can basically...
 I usually just dig around the DIY forum for information.
Will be there!
 There is no Scout Mode, I can confirm that as I just finish installing it on my PC. Not sure about Linux though. Anyway, I did some basic measurement: output impedance is calculated to be about 2.25 ohm. Current output is decent, I'll say about average for a portable amp.
 I'll see you at the AT event. I changed my X7 time slot to the morning of 29th, so hopefully I have plenty of time for both. I am going to the ISSE on the 28th first though. That's a lot of event packed into one weekend!
 It is cheap because 1) it was never an expensive opamp to begin with,  2) it is a very old opamp that has been widely used in the past, but now it has dropped out of fashion in the audio world and 3) the circuit design has been adopted by several companies so there are quite a few of generic version out there (I have all of them, and NJM is the best sounding of them all). As it is not a proprietary design, the price becomes much cheaper. Don't get fooled by the cheap...
Will try to be there. That's gonna be a rush as I have also registered to audition Creative X7 @ SITEX an hours later. Might have to change the time for that.
Talk about output impedance, here is something to read baout: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/musings-headphone-amplifier-output-impedance