Posts by ClieOS

I have posted this a few times - there is a complete rewrite of firmware in the next release, so it is not just an mere update and therefore it will take a bit of time. The plan is to adopt the new firmware core from X5 (which has proven to be more stable and better audio performance no less) and also a revamp the whole X3's UI at the same time. So the current plan for FiiO is to fix as much bugs on the X5's firmware and as fast as they can, release a stable firmware,...
 I'll suggest changing the title to "Feature suggestions for FiiO's next DAP", just to attract more people to chime in and no necessarily limited to X7 or flagship model. Also, I'll suggest a "no-argument" rule - individual states what (s)he'll like to have in a DAP and the others will respect his/her opinion as it is even when disagreed personally. FiiO R&D team should be the one whom makes the final decision on what is feasible and we don't need to waste time arguing...
 No. You will get 24bit 96kHz max from USB connection.
It is listed on the right side of all my posts...
Still waiting for the local release...
 Good point on the pre-mounted AD8397. I'll suggest BrownDog adapter, just to save the hassle of separated orders from eBay. You can get pre-mount AD8397 on BrownDog from Cimarron Technology as well, if you don't want to solder it yourself.
 It is XMOS, but it is also a custom implementation in order to achieve some features that you won't typically find on the vanilla flavor XMOS. Here: 
 If it is anything like the nano iDSD, it probably is a XMOS running on custom firmware.
 Already order some of them from Taobao!
 Excellent. Indeed a very cool and practical feature to have.