Posts by MayaTlab

An email will be on the way soon. Thanks for your answers !
 Benchmark tends to be proud of their measurements, in that sense I personally don't doubt the analog pot measures very well indeed.As far as I'm concerned it's its operational qualities that I find lacking. Big time. If you have powered / active speakers with a limiter, I doubt they'll take much damage from the DAC-2 pops. If not... well indeed I'd have second or even third thoughts about it.
 To clarify : my OLED display has always looked like that regardless of firmware at lower than max settings. Does yours also look unevenly lit when using low brightness settings ?
 I've taken some pictures to better explain what I've noticed about the OLED screen and LED brightness :  This is what my OLED screen looks like when brightness isn't at maximum value. Here, I suppose it should be around 3 or so : Basically, some areas are brighter than others, but they aren't all the time brighter in the same area, it depends on what's being displayed. The bright horizontal bars on the numbers 4 can very well be darker than other areas when displaying...
 Of course that's the reason why they did it this way. It does make sense, but I think the execution is rather poor, and I wonder if Benchmark could have chosen other solutions instead.Obviously, the simplest alternative is to have different volume controls for the analog and digital section. Could bother some people though.The other one would be to have an analog stepped attenuator combined with a LCD screen, just like on the Lavry DA11. I think that would be the best...
I've been trying the last several 6.xxxx firmware beta updates for the last weeks and I have several questions to ask :   1) For starters, is it just me imagining things (this is the most likely probability) or do you feel the SQ has slightly changed (not just the balanced amp mode) ?   2) Can you hear a high-frequency hiss coming from the front OLED screen when it is on ? It's very easy to assess by simply switching it on or off with the remote (long press on the...
The one I tried too made pops through my monitors on two occasions : when switching it on or off, or when going from analog to digital inputs (in addition to relay clicks). Not that I particularly cared for that or that it risked damage them (since they have a limiter), but indeed it felt a little unrefined.   I also hated the motorised volume pot, which developed a little play early on, behaves in difficult ways to comprehend, doesn't always turn back on at the volume...
Currently having loads of brainless fun listening to this (I particularly like the funky guitar at 3:30) :  
 Active vs passive is a long debate, at least in audiophile circles. In theory an active design yields a number of advantages over passive designs, but as usual implementation is key. Also note that "active" doesn't necessarily means that speakers have an amplifier inside, but that the amplifier circuits are after the crossover, not before. You can have an active speaker with the amplifier outside (although it's unusual), and so can you have a passive speaker with the...