Posts by Stoin

just over 500 gig for the main collection, same on the NAS for playback and all backed up in the office just in case. Do not want to go through ripping it all again.
You do see those. Well spotted.I'm not too worried about moving the CDs. The boxes they're in are pretty good. There's about 70 discs per box, so the weight isn't so bad and the boxes are sturdy enough that they don't need emptied. The records and the stand however...
  I've been meaning to post this for a while now. So long in fact, that in a couple of weeks it will be all-change as I'm forced to move flat.
So, I've had the Denon D2000 and the iBasso D12 for a few days and I thought I'd post some early impressions. This is not intended as a comprehensive review. Most of my listening has been done at work rather than dedicated listening.   Firstly they sound very good together, although I've spent much more time using my Westone 2's than the Denons.   iBasso D12   I bought my D12 direct from iBasso and it arrived very quickly from China. Not much communication...
I've never had the pleasure of trying the PS1000. Yet. The new PS500 is on my list, though.   Like I said, I don't mind that Grados don't sound harsh at really high volumes because I don't want to ruin my hearing.
The 325i was my first can. It still is my most used. It performs so well within it's envelope and it's very predictable. If I have some new music I know it's going to sound good and can tell what's going on, with the others I've got, especially the GS1000, you can't always tell if the headphone is going to sound great with what you're playing.   I do seem to disagree with most on this forum regarding comfort. I find the sr325i to be very comfortable. It took a week...
Noise from the usb interface, in my experience, depends on the power supply design. I'm not sure how food the D12 fares in this regard, but I'll find out soon enough. The small case means a clever design is needed.   The Creek is being sold. It no longer fits my needs. It was a nice little unit when I got it, but now it is starting to be shown up by newer amps that offer performance far in excess of the Creek's at a similar price. This doesn't mean that the Creek is...
I understand the technical issues with powering an amp from usb. The voltage isn't an absolute killer because you can always increase that through the power supply design. The real problem is that it only offers a very limited maximum power draw within the limits of the spec. From memory, I think USB 2 specifies that the host provides more power than USB 1, and the newer USB 3 increases that even further. The issue is that a lot of these devices are USB 1.1 compatible so...
The HeadAmp Pico is pretty expensive here once you factor in currency conversion fees, shipping, etc.   I don't think I really need the power that the Pico seems to offer. My Senn 600's are the only 'phones I've got that need much power and they get very little use compared to my Grados'.   For this reason, and that I've deiced that a USB powered combo is what would be best for me, I've just bought the D12. The price was pretty good, and it should be pretty well...
Not plug and play in Windows. Shame. My plans to order it were progressing smoothly and after reading 22 pages I was thinking this would be a great solution for me. Unfortunately, I wanted it for work and our workstations are locked down so we can't install much - I run Foobar and Chrome from a pen drive, but did manage to get my HRT MSII working.   Can anyone confirm which iBasso USB amp/dac devices work using the standard USB audio drivers built in to windows?