Posts by Edoardo

Quote: Originally Posted by m0ofassa Contemporary Acoustic My preference (its a great album btw) That bandana is very cool, but... is it of any use?? P.S. They're both cool and enjoyable, but having also tried to play both genres, I can say (and I must recognize) that classical is just superior...!
What about House of the Rising Sun by the Animals... And just right now I've got a few Italian songs in my mind... It's just a matter of bigotry and hypocricy...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Willett Open back headphones have the back of the headphones open to the world. They are easier to make, as there is no "loudspeaker cabinet" to make, and the soundstage can be very wide and open. As much sound comes out of the back as goes into your ears (but this does fall away very quickly due to the inverse-squalre law) and you can also hear people talking in the room. Closed back headphones have sealed...
fidelity or what else? We are looking for a sound that should be as close as possible to the original one, and LOYAL to it, or what else? Since I've been reading hi-fi and hi-end related forums, I've noticed, with much surprise, that "fidelity" is not the only thing audiophiles look for. Contrariwise, many of them consciously oppose it. Some look for a valve that make the sound somewhat "hotter", "fuzzy", "liquid"; some argue that this or that amp is "too cold", "to...
Differences, in general? From a technical point of view? And from an acoustic one? A seller of mine told me that back-open are somewhat "safer" and that you can listen to them for hours, and that with back-closed ones you'd better not. Is that true? Why? I'm asking you because I'm a newbie and among full-size headphones I've always had open ones, but not for any particular reason...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tridacnid And which genre would that be? I don't know, I was just thinking about some metal-guys I know, according to them they don't have 2 CDs of the same "genre"... Maybe they have more music "genres" than groups LOL
I've been told that open or semi open headphones are the safest.. Is also that irrelevant?
Well, the fact that for some people turning a knob on the guitar is enough to create a new music genre well descrives their "creativity"
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyOne Unfortunately this isn't quite my experience of shopping for goodies from US, Italy and Germany. I am based in UK, if I import something from USA, I will have to pay VAT and also custom duty/charges on both goods & delivery cost (if goods >£18). This probably ends up 30%! I import my amp from Italy, I just pay the seller price (inclusive of local VAT), I didn't pay anything extra or deduct any VAT paid. This is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyOne In the UK, if I buy something from anywhere from EU, all I need to pay is the sell price (inclusive of VAT) and also the shipping charges. I don't need to pay anything else. So if I buy something form Italy or from Germany, I don't need to pay any extra VAT etc on top of the price (with local VAT). However if I get something from USA, I will have to pay around 30% of the value of goods (if > £18) and the delivery...