Posts by Edoardo

Quote: Originally Posted by Tridacnid And which genre would that be? I don't know, I was just thinking about some metal-guys I know, according to them they don't have 2 CDs of the same "genre"... Maybe they have more music "genres" than groups LOL
I've been told that open or semi open headphones are the safest.. Is also that irrelevant?
Well, the fact that for some people turning a knob on the guitar is enough to create a new music genre well descrives their "creativity"
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyOne Unfortunately this isn't quite my experience of shopping for goodies from US, Italy and Germany. I am based in UK, if I import something from USA, I will have to pay VAT and also custom duty/charges on both goods & delivery cost (if goods >£18). This probably ends up 30%! I import my amp from Italy, I just pay the seller price (inclusive of local VAT), I didn't pay anything extra or deduct any VAT paid. This is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyOne In the UK, if I buy something from anywhere from EU, all I need to pay is the sell price (inclusive of VAT) and also the shipping charges. I don't need to pay anything else. So if I buy something form Italy or from Germany, I don't need to pay any extra VAT etc on top of the price (with local VAT). However if I get something from USA, I will have to pay around 30% of the value of goods (if > £18) and the delivery...
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyOne No VAT on either as one is made in UK and the other Italy. ??? ??? VAT (value added tax) is a tax on consumption, it's not about where they are made or where they come from. In Italy computers, amps, TVs, etc (nearly everything) have got a 20% VAT, wherever they are from. In the UK and in the most of Europe it is the same... You know that if something costs 100€, the price is 120€, as you pay 100€ to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by obobskivich my first question is, why are you getting the K702 and not the K701, unless the prices have gotten closer together, or you need the detachable cable Here they cost the same, then I find the 701 quite ugly and I prefer detachable cables since my cat ate a pair of new sennehisers and it took some work (and it may also be easily upgraded a little, just changing it) budget, well, my bugdet for the amplifier...
Hi everybody, I'm Edoardo, newbie! I'd need your help: I've heard that for most headphone amps it is hard to make a pair of AKG sound the way they should. At the moment I own just a pair of 141s, but I'm going to get a pair of 702s pretty soon and and I'd like to get a dedicated amplifier as well. My question is: what kind of technical specs should a AKG 702's amp have? outs, ins, impedances? I'm sorry guys I'm not very confident with these kind of technical...