Posts by Edoardo

I agree  It's a computer with an ESI Juli@ and a couple of very nice tweaks though! I can't tweak a soundcard and build a PSU myself, so... It'd be my choiche
Well... Welcome here!    Why don't you tell us something more... About your source... About your budget... About what you like most or least about the different headphones you have...
Well, it depends... From the quality of the transport... From the output stages... From a lot of things.   For stereo audio only, ripping to an HDD is surely a nobrainer IMHO...
Some of these USB/SPDIF interfaces are so expensive I'd rather build a music server with a native SPDIF out, honestly.    
Bryston BDP-1 -----------> Violectric DAC V800 Rega P9 TT --------------> Violectric PPA V600 ------------------------------------------------------------> GoldPoint SW2X ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Shiit Mjolnir -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Sennheiser HD800   I dare anyone.
I believe you already own an Hi-Fi system, which IMHO can handle also much more challenging music/recordings than the ones you are currently listening to. Yeah, maybe some audiophile maniacs could disagree with this statement.   Do you want to upgrade? Fine, but IMHO with those recordings and given the quality of your current system, you'd be likely to hear "differences", rather than real improvements.   Everything IMHO of course...! 
  In my experience, amp necessity is not related to music genre, but to the quality of the recordings you are listening to, and to demands of the headphones.   I am an HD650 happy owner, and I can grant their sound changes a lot between simple "headphone outs" and amps, and between amps and amps, whether I'm listening to rock, jazz or classical.   What is your source?
SOLD         Hello,   I'm selling my Audio GD NFB-11,   It's a DAC + Headphone Amp + Pre Amp combo I bought nine months ago from the UK reseller last march, spending around 315€ + shipping.   It features a High-End DAC running a Sabre32 chip, and a powerful and transparent headphone section  (I've been happy of using it with my Sennheiser HD650)   High-Res 24/96 USB input SPDIF Coax input SPDIF optical input   Fixed or PreAmp analog...
SOLD*SOLD*SOLD*SOLD           Hello,   I'm selling my Audio GD NFB-11,   It's a DAC + Headphone Amp + Pre Amp combo I bought nine months ago from the UK reseller last march, spending around 315€ + shipping.   It features a High-End DAC running a Sabre32 chip, and a powerful and transparent headphone section  (I've been happy of using it with my Sennheiser HD650)   High-Res 24/96 USB input SPDIF Coax input SPDIF optical...
I've always agreed with the Audio Critic.   There is a point in using tubes in audio though. You may be looking for that kind of harmonic richness, or distortion, or coloration, or whatever... Tubes are still there in recording studios indeed.   The important thing is to be counscious of what you are getting!