Posts by Edoardo

Quote:  

Yahoo! Answers style  
I can confirm it! My source would be a Audio Engineer...
So stay there and be happy    You already have a good soundcard, cheap or half-portable amps are not going to be a deal. For real improvements or changes you should go for a big thing, tubes or professional-orientend... But if you don't want your sound to be nor more detailed nor more colored, there's no point in going there.  
Actually the ESI Juli@ has been recognized by many as a card with a great clock and digital out     In this review here it beats 7 other cards...   http://www.theabsolutesound.com/magazines/2011/5/213/       "For this reviewer, the ESI Juli@ is the first computer music source component “to succeed in forsaking sonic artifacts. In fact it does more."   Then yes, you know, when a products is tweakable then it seems that tweaking it is the only way...
OK so the plenty of professionals who have always suggested and preferred and used PCI over anything should read a forum sponsorized by SoTM and dCS who sell USB converters for a living...
An active preamplifier and an headphone amplifier aren't much different, technically, but the headphone section of a standard preamplifier or integrated amplifier may not "share" the same circuit of the preamplifier itself: there may be just a cheap "digital" card behind that headphone out.   Buy the way there are also headphone amps that feature a pre-amp output for controlling a power amp or a pair of amplified speakers
Again... Source? I've never read this thing of the "USB superiority" (???) anywhere
Ehm... source???   USB seem not to be a convenient choice, since you would have to deal with the 5V power supply section, energy saving crap and polling settings for optimal results...