Posts by thedips

Quote: Originally Posted by jpelg x2. The use of the tv show as the vehicle for the story is quite innovative. I had total empathy for the characters. Those kids are all beautiful. x3
sorry to resurrect... but just had to bump this for more opinions..... especially on the upper ends .... and what awg wire grado phone uses in their phones? i guess im just trying to compare the 325i stock cable directly to the cardas 4x24 cable.... that seems to be a nice pairing and worthy upgrade....
1. find a member or learn to solder your own "plugs" *as seen in the diy make your own interconnect thread 2. find a mini 3.5 plug that you want to terminate with... either right angle or straight should be fine 3. cut off old plug 4. prepare / strip wire 5. solder on new plug 6. finish and enjoy that should be the rough outline... details of course should be filled in by careful soldering techniques. *edit... i personally think your best bet would be to find a good...
this is why i love this forum.. i was thinking about using a similar stranded gauge wire to braid and use in recable jobs... i knew this would be overly thick... i guess i just like the feeling of a thick cable (lol...) ill probably end up with cardas however.... not to go too far off topic.. but does anyone know anyone else beside moon audio to purchase cardas cable @ a good price???? search isnt providing much.
i really need to stop going into this thread... makes me want some badly..
Quote: Originally Posted by Brighten Touche. i guess i should put a headphone smiley or popcorn smiley after my message.... i wanted to be the 1st noob to correct a vet... haha... (and i knew the hes a "vet" comments were coming)
Quote: Originally Posted by j2kei dont forget guys that if you are gonna work on the amp again, discharge the capacitors. i accidentally fried my opamp because of charge stored in the capacitors. havnt seen this in any of my tutorials on soldering... how do i do this? and another note.... should i do "all" soldering on the bottom side of the pcb? pretty much anything that i poke thru holes and kink leads?
325i...
this thread is exactly what i needed .... i cant wait to start my mini3....... such a great amp!!!
hmm i was trying to find some 325is vs 325i impression threads.. seems like my search is not coming up with any luck...