Posts by thedips

i love my audioengine a5 w/ wireless adapter   and you can always add a sub... or you can do a2
WOW how did i miss this thread... hhaha   i had to renew my driv lic... so one friday morning on my day off i ran out to the dmv... took my iphone and my GRADOS 325 goldies.... i had them plugged in and was listening to them while standing in line (pretty quietly since they are open cans). a kid behind me came up and asked about my headphones and asked me if i wanted to check out his BEATS by dre (im guessing hes assuming i like headphones and mine probably looked...
niceeee!  
i too would love to see someone open this thing and see if they can repackage it into a custom case and find a way to attach a battery/pack or something to it to make it a little more portable?   pure i-20 hacks/mods anyone :D  
i was going to mention dont forget the source ... shiny cables and all the other things you would need.... T__T  it did sound really good tho.... coming from a grado only house ... planar magnetics did sound really good/impressive/different
ive been out of the scene for a while... one day purchased some GRADO HF-2 w/ RSA PREDATOR ... the GF came home... and said.. "how is this any different from the other headphones you have and never use" the next day i see her in the living room on the couch listening to some FLAC music on my laptop she says" THANKS FOR THE NEW TOY... i hope you get another for yourself now"   a few days later we end up at T.H.E. SHOW in newport beach... we got to sit down at the...
SOLD!
want!  
thanks woody cant wait!!!! 
just took the test.... straight out of my MBP w/ grado hf-2 plugged directly in... im sick at home with a cold... (not sure if that affects anything) however i was pretty easily able to pick out which one was the better tracks ... i would agree that track/sample probably isnt the best test... very very minor increase in SQ on details from lows and highs