Posts by Sil3nce

Thanks my friend 
Are you guys kidding me? Someone jump on these. One of the nicest guys around, and the HD800 is practically new.
 Yeah, I preferred the open Ethers much more than the closed models.It's almost like night and day.  I still think the original open Ethers are my favorite out of those headphones. 
 You too!Focal is one of the few mainstream high-end speaker companies that I still have confidence in.It's clear they didn't just take a generic driver design and stick a brand on it.  The build quality on all my pairs have been excellent. No paint chipping or driver issues. The only foreseeable problem is that the headband may one day need to be replaced.
 Pretty certain that the issues were only from the demo units and intermittent at best.Focal will definitely reach out and correct it, if anything. My SoCal buddies: at least 4 of them have the Elears on hand without ever having had any problems. I mean, what do I know? I only have three pairs of them myself.  
 I feel like I trust your words a lot more about the Z1R.Been seeing a lot of hype in this thread.And while it makes me feel good about having picked these up myself, I feel like I appreciate an objective outlook on these headphones.After all, the Z1R is just another headphone in your menagerie  
Looking for a fast and effortless transaction.   This is my mint pair of Focal Elears. I purchased them a month or so ago for the full retail price. Not a scratch on the housing or paint. No sonic issues, or anything, etc.        Recently picked up another pair of used Elears (and a third for my lady), and I'll be letting these go.   Comes in original box, all manuals, original cable.   For $800, you get the mint headphone and a second cable.  Bonus: Including...
 Congratulations.You've been selected as the second winner. I can see that you no longer have much.While I would have loved to choose a newer member, not many wrote down an explanation.  I went ahead and sent you a message. Make sure you say thanks to @punkmanmatthew for his idea and his contribution! 
Just buy it for me and ship it over
It's fine.     A $300 smartphone?Uh, we're not exactly Santa Claus