Posts by Sil3nce

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.He's genuinely a nice guy, and takes a lot of time to share his impressions with the community.He's never been a sell-out at least, and whether you agree with him regarding his opinions is no reason to bag on the poor dude.I've been seeing a lot of hate from many different threads, going so far to generalize supporters of Tyll as zealots.No one is forced to agree with his thoughts, certainly one can choose to reserve...
  For one, you're getting infinitely better comfort with the Z1R.That's worth a lot to me, personally.No matter how good Audeze products proclaim to be, they really need to do something about the ergonomics, let alone QC. I'm not exactly sure what happened with the LCD-4. Not to bash them, but personally I found them one of the biggest disappointments in terms of price to performance. Not saying they're a bad headphone, but very far from being reference material. Clearly a...
 The Z1R is by far preferable IMO.The LCD-4 is just way too tilted for me to enjoy, too warm and too dark.Didn't really change no matter what setup I had it on.Preferred the LCD-3s and the LCD-Xs to the 4s.
 Yet people keep on insisting on comparing apples to oranges.Oh well, I can't blame them. Sometimes it comes down to one headphone or another.Wives' demands lol
 In my opinion, I wouldn't say it's a fair competition between the Z1R and the Utopias.The very nature of both headphones are inherently different. Sonic differences between the two are quite palpable the higher up you scale in equipment. Both headphones can be end-game though, but one is technically more proficient than the other. While Tyll certainly doesn't always hear how others do, at the very least he's true to his own impressions.That's respectable.His fondness for...
 Has been discussed multiple times. They had some issues with earlier production models.Problem has been located, and newer models will no longer have this issue.If anything, time will tell. If you have one of the defective pairs, Focal will go ahead and replace/fix the headphone under warranty.Now if you're not under warranty (Second-hand purchase) you're good to go if purchase date is within 90 days.Otherwise, I suggest you contact Focal directly and ask for service. I...
 Hey there. No need for that, you can just close your own listing manually by scrolling to the original classified and utilizing the button next to where the pictures are. Hope this helps.
 Resurrection! I had bought a brand new SA3000 from Amazon back before they discontinued them.Went on a military tour, came back, and still had the SA3000 waiting on me.Definitely not as much bass as the SA5Ks, but still a wonderfully fast headphone. I accidentally sold it for $99 or so to a local female headfi'er lol.
 Must be all the treble and neutral heads haha. I, like you, didn't find them to have "overblown" bass like others have been saying. They sound just right to my ears. The HE-1000s, for example, have a lot more bass quantity and air (despite being an open headphone) than the Z1Rs.
Just me ;)