Posts by jdc65

Drew is a first-rate seller! I bought a Little Dot DAC_1 from Drew. He was very nice to deal with, every thing was packaged as good as new, shipping was fast, and he even through in some extra cabling which proved to be very useful. The dac was in perfect shape as described. A great transaction and a total thumbs up!
I found the bass improved with a few 10's of hours of burn-in. A few people had that impression, as I recall. - j Quote: Originally Posted by miloxo Received the Rain's today and I'm impressed. For music, I like these just as much as the ATH-AD700s! I was afraid these had too light bass, but turns out that they have the perfect amount of it. More then the AD700s. Al tough this is from my Nationite OS-43+fiio E5, straight out of my laptop+fiio E5...
PM sent.
Quote: Originally Posted by ericp10 Wow, the more I listen to the Rain, the more I love it. I think it's one of the best value IEMs for it's price point. It's a great sounding balanced earphone. Kudos to Aaron and his group. Well done!! it sounds wonderful with the Nuforce uDAC by the way. EricP I wish these existed a year ago, I would have taken a pass on some expensive gear. I can't find anything truly wrong with them. They are a...
Thanks for the responses, clears things up.
It's not clear to me that the E1 is really an 'amp' at all (vs. line out w/ volume control). In other words, is full volume exactly the same as line out? If anyone knows, I'd be curious.
Quote: Originally Posted by tstarn06 Good to hear. Looking forward to getting some Rain tomorrow (via UPS), from a fellow writer/journalist. Thunder were nice but the Rain sound more my tastes. I'm curious to hear a comparison w/ the W2. That's another IEM that caught my eye, although it may be awhile now before I buy more gear. I'm particularly interested in a mids/vocals comparison, since that's the Rain's strength, and its a part of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by daouda EDIT: forgot to ask you something important! Have you tried those IEMs unamped directly from your DAP? How do they perform this way? I think a lot of people (such as me) are interested in buying IEMs for nomad purposes without bothering with an amp. They both seem fine right out of an iPod nano, to me. As far as bass - Rain, palpable but not forward, light for electronic & hip/hop - Thunder, elevated but not...
Comply Tx400. Rumor has it the next thinksounds will be called "Dewy mist on a bright Scottish morning" I'm curious if other people will like these the way I do. I can see thinksound getting a dedicated following of people attracted to the sound sig. Or maybe everyone will think I'm just nuts (Work calls for the day, I may not post for a bit)
Quote: Originally Posted by daouda All right, i've been refraining myself to annoy you with more questions but here i go: Based on what you wrote, thunder is probably more comparable to fx500, and rain to re0... Would you mind giving some more impressions on rain sound sig vs re0 (aside the timbre thing). I gatherd thay have about the same bass quantity (right?), what about its quality? Does rain feel "treble-centric" as some have said about re0? Are the...