Posts by planx

Interesting, I might consider this method down the road if the shells still fit me.
 Maybe you were just a lucky customer! Seeing how they "just" changed internal components, we can assume that the RSM and Reference are definitely two different CIEMs rather than assuming the RSM is a Reference with an additional driver, which is quite the baseless assumption.  Quite the gamble you took with Alclair. I remember a friend trying out a universal sample from company X and loved it so much he ordered it. When he got his custom version, he said the two sounded...
 I did not know that you could upgrade the Reference to the Quads. If this is true, in 2~years time when the fit for their CIEMs start to get worse, instead of getting them refitted, investing a little more money to upgrade them might be a nice alternative, but that all depends on how much the customer really has to spend to get this upgrade.  Thanks for reading! If you were floored with the universal versions, the custom versions are bound to be just better. Seeing how...
Alclair Reference   As a few close members may have noticed, I have been mostly inactive on Head-Fi for a while now due to various reasons. With my Head-Fi hiatus, I have been able to focus on school and other hobbies, and also gave my wallet some time to recover, until I found other things to spend my hard-earned money on. I remember telling myself to stop writing reviews as it seems like there are plenty of hardcore reviewers on Head-Fi (like Joker, Average Joe,...
 Had the PFE232 for an extensive time, but sold it long before getting the SA7. From memories, I prefer the PFE232 by a country mile. The bass was deeper, cleaner, and surprisingly sounded very dynamic rather than BA. Can't comment on the mids too much as my memory is fuzzy, but I remember the upper-mids having heaps of energy so many female vocals sounded phenomenal on the PFE232. Treble was much more tamed with the PFE232, but both had bright characteristics, just a...
After winning my free pair, I haven't touched them since trying them out once. I guess I'm too occupied with my CIEMs to bother with the SA7. Also, I think the sound signature is the complete polar opposite of my preference. I'll still keep them for comparison, but I find it hard to grab the SA7 over my CIEMs haha.
36.4 lbs 63.6 lbs 65.1 lbs
Oh yeah, forgot about the tips. I'm 80% sure that they will work... Only because I haven't used them on the HF5, but I did have the oval tips until I lost my last pair. Unfortunately, I haven't tried the two together prior to losing the tips.   Np, I try to help to the best of my ability, even though I tend to come off as assertive at times due to my honest nature.   I'm pretty sure some places has return policies so you can't go wrong with them.   Good luck!
 I don't exactly remember, but when I insert my HF5 completely with the large tri-flange tips, it almost disappears.  Similarly to what I said earlier, the HF5 may sound bass light to most at first, but this is only because the HF5 (and ER-4) measure so well. There is no bass bloat like with the X10 and there are minimal abnormalities within the frequency range. The way I try to think of Ety products is, try not to compare them to other IEMs as they are VERY different to...
I would seriously consider the Etymotic HF5 if I were you. Even after using CIEMs and high-end universals for quite some time, coming back to the HF5 always manages to surprise me. Most people don't realize how clean the HF5 and ER-4S sound until you seriously compare them.   The reason why I'm commenting this is because I'm listening to the HF5 right now after listening to the UM3X, SA7, and C5. I don't want to bore you with the differences I hear, but when I say that...