Posts by planx

Oh yeah, forgot about the tips. I'm 80% sure that they will work... Only because I haven't used them on the HF5, but I did have the oval tips until I lost my last pair. Unfortunately, I haven't tried the two together prior to losing the tips.   Np, I try to help to the best of my ability, even though I tend to come off as assertive at times due to my honest nature.   I'm pretty sure some places has return policies so you can't go wrong with them.   Good luck!
 I don't exactly remember, but when I insert my HF5 completely with the large tri-flange tips, it almost disappears.  Similarly to what I said earlier, the HF5 may sound bass light to most at first, but this is only because the HF5 (and ER-4) measure so well. There is no bass bloat like with the X10 and there are minimal abnormalities within the frequency range. The way I try to think of Ety products is, try not to compare them to other IEMs as they are VERY different to...
I would seriously consider the Etymotic HF5 if I were you. Even after using CIEMs and high-end universals for quite some time, coming back to the HF5 always manages to surprise me. Most people don't realize how clean the HF5 and ER-4S sound until you seriously compare them.   The reason why I'm commenting this is because I'm listening to the HF5 right now after listening to the UM3X, SA7, and C5. I don't want to bore you with the differences I hear, but when I say that...
 Interesting, because on the Sleek site, they only offer black or silver tips for the SA7 on the accessory page, but I received TWO pairs of silver tips, with different colour accents in the inside. Since I'm home now, it's difficult for me to tell which one is brighter, but I think the green tips sound more open and possibly emphasized upper mids. I do not remember what treble tips did what with the SA-6 unfortunately so I can't use that experience to assist me with these...
Finally got my contest pair SA7 today and right now I have mixed feelings while listening to them. The mids and bass are fairly good, but the treble seems to be quite bright atm. I'm a little confused as I thought there were only two treble tips available, but with my pair I received 3 pairs of treble tips. Two of them silver and one of them black, but with the silvers one of them has a yellow accent on the inside while the other seems to have a light green accent. Since...
Hey guys! I was lucky enough to win the SA7 in the Facebook giveaway event and I gotta say that I'm pretty excited to give Sleek a try again. After their SA6 experience, I was pretty hesitant on purchasing their SA7 but since I won one I'm more than intrigued now haha. I really hope that the build quality improved, but the one thing I'm not so excited about is their dreaded cable once again.   Can't wait as I loved how the SA6 sounded
Resonessence Concero. Look no further.
  That is another alternative for this price range
Man up and pay $100 more for the UE4.   Also known as the poor-man's UERM
HPL cables are remarkable value as well. It's nearly impossible to complain for the price.