or Connect

Posts by Pepito

Chris_himself was a middleman for Ted (HPL), Ted made all the cables while Chris dealt with the customers. Not sure where Chris gets his cables from now, but his new company is also called HPL...
Very nice review Loquah! I haven't tried the blue or black filters with the Litz cable, I'm thinking I should now. 
 Very nicely put, looking forward to your future impressions
 Yea it is definitely a hassle, everyone has their own needs.  I wish these newer RSA amps were shielded better though, my Protector hisses and pops like crazy when I receive/send texts and wifi. 
 Get a cleaner source, the Intruder could be amplifying the background electrical noise from the PC. 
 That's weird that you're hearing hissing and popping form an RSA amp. They are notorious for having a completely dead and silent background. Alas I have never owned a Intruder but the lowest gain should be dead silent with the 846. 
There isn't a day that the SCS doesn't get mentioned. The cult feeling in the 846 thread is overwhelming. There are other options out there, many people in this thread get extremely defensive when someone mentions anything that isn't talked about daily. Let's get back on track, music to make the 846's sing! https://youtube.com/watch?v=1LmX5c7HoUw
I posted my comparisons between the HPL SPC cable and HPL Reference Litz cable in the HPL thread, but I figured it'd be useful here as well.    I received the HPL Reference Silver Litz cables in the mail today. I ordered an accompanying Litz IC for my Pico and RSA Protector. First off, build time and shipping was a little longer than last time. 2 1/2 weeks for build and 2 weeks for shipping (USPS had my package sitting in LA for 3 days...) It was quite a long wait...
I received the HPL Reference Silver Litz cables in the mail today. I ordered an accompanying Litz IC for my Pico and RSA Protector. First off, build time and shipping was a little longer than last time. 2 1/2 weeks for build and 2 weeks for shipping (USPS had my package sitting in LA for 3 days...) It was quite a long wait compared to my previous order (2 1/2 weeks build and shipping time).    All the following impressions/comparisons were done with a Silver Plated...
Any speculation on the next sale? They used to have several over the year but now it seems like they only have one sale during Black Friday.   Patiently waiting to pull the trigger on the Roxannes...