Posts by Pepito

It fits, with lots of room to spare. 
 Thanks. I'm still using the whites. The Litz brought out the highs a little more, which might lead some people to revert back to the blues. Going balanced doesn't affect the highs much. 
 Thanks spook! My Protector opened up after ~100 hours. I'm looking forward to the improvements of a properly burnt-in Lightning. The 846/Lightning/Litz combo is stellar.  
Updated rig, black Protector -> silver Lightning. I need a name for this all silver rig   
 Thank you!  
Moedawg has a great review of the SCS. The link is in his signature, it's definitely worth a click.
Just got my Lightning in the mail, right out of the box my jaw hit the floor.    Wider soundstage, increased clarity/separation and the bass, reaches even deeper and lower now. That deep deep rumble.... oh man it's sooo sooo good. The highs have opened up as well, adding a little more detail to the imaging.    And I thought my 846 + Protector combo was good...     My all silver rig (minus the USB cable)
 Trust your own ears! Everyone has their own opinion, you are on the 846 thread haha. Different strokes for different folks. 
 Chris_himself was a middleman for Ted (HPL), Ted made all the cables while Chris dealt with the customers. Not sure where Chris gets his cables from now, but his new company is also called HPL...
Very nice review Loquah! I haven't tried the blue or black filters with the Litz cable, I'm thinking I should now.