Posts by Sniper2075

I've finally settled on getting a set of Mad Dog's with the Alpha Pads.   My question to those that have them here is what kind of power is needed to make these really perform. Now unfortunately I have a limited selection of portable DAC/Amps to pick from that will work with my phone but here are the options that are confirmed to be working.     . Apex Glacier (USB DAC/amp)  . Asus Xonar U3 (USB DAC/amp) . Audio-gd NFB-16 (USB DAC/amp) . ELE EL-D01: ....
I noticed this has been asked but no answer yet.   Does the Galaxy Note 2 work with the Schiit MODI? I was looking at getting this but may go with a portable for now.   For a second question as there is a huge list of options and I'm new to all this. Which would be a good option for driving Hifiman HE-400's or Mr Speaker Mad Dog with Alpha Pads Thanks for the help
  Thanks for the suggestion, after reading through the thread about them here they do look very good for the price.   Now, here is a list of USB DAC/AMP's that should work with my Note 2 from the other thread, does anyone have a suggestion on the best option to go with the Mad Dog headphones or with another set of headphones, I do kinda like the Hifiman HE-400's also     . Apex Glacier (USB DAC/amp)  . Asus Xonar U3 (USB DAC/amp) . Audio-gd NFB-16 (USB DAC/amp) . ELE...
Hi all,   I've been reading the site for a little and want to get myself a better setup than just my phone and cheap headphones.   First off I want to start that I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon for my portable music listening. Also, pretty much all music listening.  I'm using it at work, home, and in the car. I don't really need a portable setup unless a large semi portable setup would be cheaper than 2 non portable setups. ie.  I mostly listen at my...